Login

russian armor

Maps to Veto?

10 May 2015, 21:50 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just curious on what maps Ostheer normally veto in 2v2.
10 May 2015, 21:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ettelbruck and semoiskiy winter are the only ones I can say hands down deserve a veto at all times. Other 2 vetos are subjective.
11 May 2015, 20:14 PM

Crossing in the woods. I've never seen a map that bad since Minsk pocket.

I honestly think they should be deleted and the creator of Crossing in the Woods should be banned from playing CoH and CoH2.
11 May 2015, 21:15 PM

Dont be so toxic.:facepalm:
12 May 2015, 10:56 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2015, 20:14 PM1[][]
Crossing in the woods. I've never seen a map that bad since Minsk pocket.

I honestly think they should be deleted and the creator of Crossing in the Woods should be banned from playing CoH and CoH2.

That's one of my favorite maps as Ostheer o_O

Short routes so it doesn't favor forward retreat factions too much, good MG covering options, you can stick together on one side for map control, and quite perfect for Ost mortars. And let's not forget scopes... aka designed mini maphack.

Personally i would veto maps that are too open / huge, like Vaux Farmlands.
12 May 2015, 11:04 AM

Crossing in the Woods is better than most Relic maps, Onkel Sam is the mapmaker and a very respected admin here and reknowned map maker, I suggest your statement never come up again.

When it coems to my Ostheer vetoes, in 2v2 that's Ettelbruck, Rzhev Winter, Trois Pont and Bystraya Voda (because I'm a noob and can't handle Trois' bidges and Bystraya's one fuel and neon territory points. Sometimes my partner and I veto Semoskiy Winter because it's harder to win on as a mixed OKW/Ostheer force, and when I play 1v1 as axis I always veto Semoskiy Winter.
12 May 2015, 11:14 AM

i hate you rzhev.
12 May 2015, 16:06 PM

i hate you rzhev.

I pwn face on rzhev. Rzhev works for me because the muni, cutoff and fuel are all relatively close to my main base and easy to defend in the early game.

Hands down worst maps for me are Ettelbruck, that map comes as so unbalanced and it's game over right off the bat if your opponent has pay 2 win Urban Defense doctrine.

THe maps I have trouble with is Moscow OUtskirts, seems to me when the fuel is a far walk away from your main base, it favors early game allied infantry spam over ostheer, and the other map is Semois. 2 Rifles in cover, or 2 conscripts, can effectively tie up 3 grens without some kind of support behind them. Semois, another urban map with cutoffs and fuels faraway from the main base just doesn't seem to favor Ostheer and in fact work against them. Summer Semois has the fuels near the main base but the problem is that everything on that map is a damn cutoff. HM-138 mortars rape Ostheer on those maps, not to mention Katyushas, and again, the cutoffs are not anywhere near the main base. Like say I take right half on that map, I got two cutoffs and a muni I got to defend plus a fuel. Your whole income can get raped by harassing allied squads.

AN ideal map is one that isn't urban, so urban defense doesn't have an upper hand and one that has fuel and munitions and minimal cutoffs near your main base so they're easy to defend.

BTW the hands down WORST 4v4-3v3 map is Sittard Summer. DO NOT PLAY SITTARD SUMMER. It is the most boring map of them all, camp the bridges and fire artillery at each other the whole time, crowd AT weapons and MG's around each bridge. I once played a bridge map very similar to it in coh1, and it took no less than 2 HOURS to win the round. No thanks, I consider 1 hour long games to start to get boring, 2 hours and I'm totally burnt out on company of heroes.
12 May 2015, 22:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Rzhev Winter, Ettelbrück Station and Moscow Outskirts Winter. Use the remaining veto as you like.
18 May 2015, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 11:04 AMSwift
Crossing in the Woods is better than most Relic maps, Onkel Sam is the mapmaker and a very respected admin here and reknowned map maker, I suggest your statement never come up again.

When it coems to my Ostheer vetoes, in 2v2 that's Ettelbruck, Rzhev Winter, Trois Pont and Bystraya Voda (because I'm a noob and can't handle Trois' bidges and Bystraya's one fuel and neon territory points. Sometimes my partner and I veto Semoskiy Winter because it's harder to win on as a mixed OKW/Ostheer force, and when I play 1v1 as axis I always veto Semoskiy Winter.

"I suggest your statement never come up again" lmfao I'll say it again

It. Should. Be. Deleted. Does that offend you? Oops.

That map is bad and was THE place to abuse Maxim's aside from Minsk pocket. I've had it vetoed for a long time now and it will stay that way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 18
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak