Login

russian armor

Changing Infantry Models

10 May 2015, 14:57 PM

Hello guys, i'm surprised this hasn't been asked a lot before (well it may have been, but i couldn't find the answer using the search option, and neither using google and youtube).

I guess it is even very easy: i just would like to swap models between volksgrenadiers and wehrmacht grenadiers. I hoped it would a very simple task (and well it probably is, if the mod enables us to do it).

Thanks a lot if somebody answers this :)
10 May 2015, 15:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Check the animator string in the entity blueprint of the ebps file and copy it over

If you do not change the weapons you might end up with the new models having no weapon or animation to fire. This happens because most models dont have animations for weapons they will never get to fire anyway.
But since both are using the k98 you should be fine
10 May 2015, 15:21 PM

Thanks for the lightning fast answer, i probably did something wrong though:

i copied the volksgrenadiere animator path and pasted it in the grens animator path, saved the attrib file, and built the mod.

However, the models ingame were still the crappy modern models (and i selected the mod in the list of available mods).

Am i missing a step ?

Edit: i'm currently trying to edit the generic Grenadier entry, tried with Grenadier_MP at first.
10 May 2015, 15:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

When you cloned the grens in did you gave it a new name? Because that will remove all the references to other files.
10 May 2015, 15:29 PM

Nope, as i intended to edit the regular grenadiers, i didn't rename the clone.
10 May 2015, 15:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Hmm, well whenever some change didn't seem to work I always just changed a stat that would always go through like the cost. Make sure the mod builder is not on curated more but on release ( I think its called release)
other than that i cant think of anything
10 May 2015, 15:35 PM

Just tried the new change, maybe i did something wrong the first time, but this build seems to work, i changed both Grenadier and Grenadier_MP to mirror the animator from Volkgrenadiers animator.

Thanks a lot for your help, i edit topic title so that other people can find the answer easily in their search.

PS: Can't edit OT title, if an admin can flag it as "Change Infantry Models", it would be very kind, i'm sure quite a few other modders are looking for an easy way to do this. Thanks again Sarantini :)
10 May 2015, 15:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

no problem.
you only need to change the _mp model if you just want to change existing units. Something I always found handy was using the 'fine referneces' if you right click on teh unit on the left. It then lists where that unit is mentioned in other files
10 May 2015, 19:16 PM

Hey again, i've been toying a bit with the tools, and came across the issue you suspected earlier in the thread, volksgrenadiers do not have animation for G43, which can be problematic, knowing grenadiers can be upgraded to wield a pair. So at first, i thought i would be using Panserfusiliers models instead, knowing they have a G43 upgrade available in the core game. It doesn't work, and i suspect it is because the Panzerfusilier and Grenadier G43 aren't exactly the same (which is surprising, but whatever).

I am now struggling to find where the association soldier / weapon (or weapon upgrade in this case) is done, as i think it is where i should go, to force my reskinned grenadiers to use panzerfusiliers g43 rather than grenadiers' one, to make the models work.
10 May 2015, 19:22 PM

Nevermind, i think i found it (guess it helped writing the post, as i found solution immediatly after :)).

Association is done in sbps, then i changed the slot_item added to the squad in the upgrade section.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★