Login

russian armor

Turtling Friend

WHO
10 May 2015, 02:38 AM

I've got a friend I like to play this game with, but he can't/won't do anything but basically turtle. I have no problems being aggressive so I'll do whatever is needed.

Do you have any thoughts on 2v2 factions or commander combos that would best suit his style of play or a strategy to synergize an aggressive offensive player and defensive player?
10 May 2015, 02:46 AM

Hmmm, it's really tough to synergize like this with the way income and upkeep works.

The axis are generally more defensive. You may find success with them, but really if you want to be competitive it would be best to try and grow slowly. Try to get your partner more comfortable with reading the battlefield and getting a feel for when he'll have opportunities to advance and/or counter-attack. Knowing the maps really helps too, if he's keen on learning, some map specific guides could really give him a hand in understanding where are the key points to fight on, and therefore give him the information he needs to decide whether an attack is worth it or not, and how to invest forces, thinking about what he's accomplishing or gaining over what's being risked. If he is keen on learning how to attack, the allies are a lot more forgiving, and knowing both factions, understanding their dynamics and flow, will also improve your play tremendously.
10 May 2015, 04:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2015, 02:38 AMWHO
I've got a friend I like to play this game with, but he can't/won't do anything but basically turtle. I have no problems being aggressive so I'll do whatever is needed.

Do you have any thoughts on 2v2 factions or commander combos that would best suit his style of play or a strategy to synergize an aggressive offensive player and defensive player?

Allies: a USF soviet combination:

USF with any commander is best for up tempo attacks at all stages of the game
Soviet Conscript spam and guards with AT nades/button and ZIS gun with SOVIET Mechanized Support doctrine is good for supporting the USF/defending the lines when they have to retreat/regroup.

For axis

Theres a million-jillion ostheer commanders suited around defense,and OKW and axis in general is literally just defense and creeping your defensive line forward when you force retreats. Turtling as axis is okay, as long as you turtle around the right resources,and know when to counter attack.
10 May 2015, 15:23 PM

Good for him to play axis , turtle up, build a fort, and call out panthers, tigers.
12 May 2015, 14:57 PM
Donator 11

Well, before anyone can give you any decent advise: what's his favorite faction, and yours?
Mate "turtling" as Axis can really pay off, if you got a decent synergy with your own playstyle, and the map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7
Korea, Republic Of 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak