Login

russian armor

Happy V-E Day!!!

• This thread is locked
11 May 2015, 00:20 AM

just to give you a notification

Don't bother yourself. This thread is clearly beyond rescue.
11 May 2015, 00:31 AM

US, German, UK, Belgian press used "polish death camps" in their paper and it refers to poles that had death camps, that's what it means, even tho europeans know who operated death camps but other parts of the world doesn't know and they spread lies

No, it obviously does not?
Not sure if I am wasting my time here on somebody thats outright paranoid. Do you really believe, in this day and age, that any even remotely serious newspaper will attempt to shape public opinon towards attributing the guilt for the Shoah by referring to "Polish" death camps? And why would they do that in the first place? Because they just loathe those naughty Poles? I mean seriously? Elementary plausibility? Occams Razor?
As for Dienststelle 114, have you actually bothered to check what happened to that unit, and what its actual portfolio was, or did your wikipedia article not cover that? (it didnt...)

About 'act of mercy" yes they should do that, germans invaded USSR, first they've killed hundred thousands of people, or sended them as a workforce deep in Germany, France, and can you give me a reason why they wouldn't revenge for that?

I don't know what evidently fucked up moral premises you operate on, but in the occidental tradition, whether you go by Christianity, or by Kant or other secular approaches, the notion of collective punishment is largely frowned upon. Point being, revenge, retribution, what have you, is a personal matter and it has to be directed at the ones actually responsible, not at members of a generic group. The real irony was that while both in the Soviet and the Western zone many a very real mass murderer including fairly senior members of the Nazi hierarchy walked quite literally scot free, whereas many an individual whose only crime consisted in being German was utterly fucked over, killed, raped or ethnically cleansed. If you think thats cool then I can't help you.

Wygrif, are you deliberately trying to misunderstand me or something?
Since when are only those who killed those who are affected? Prior to the war, 17 million Germans lived East of the Oder-Neiße line, a few years afterwards that number had dropped to a few hundred thousands, most of them in Romania. Not to mention that genocide (as was perpetrated against European Jewry) is not commonly understood to be the same as ethnic cleansing (as was perpetrated against the Germans). Whatever, I am outta here.
11 May 2015, 06:16 AM

Allied Victory in WW2. The end to the only regime in the history of mankind that decided to industrialize murder.

Are german losses (civilians and soldiers) also honoured?
11 May 2015, 06:20 AM

US, German, UK, Belgian press used "polish death camps" in their paper and it refers to poles that had death camps, that's what it means, even tho europeans know who operated death camps but other parts of the world doesn't know and they spread lies

And here's funny thing, search for "Agency 114" - they tried to lower Nazis (read as Germans) responsibility for milions deaths by changing history by saying 'polish death camps"

About 'act of mercy" yes they should do that, germans invaded USSR, first they've killed hundred thousands of people, or sended them as a workforce deep in Germany, France, and can you give me a reason why they wouldn't revenge for that?

i understand that you have nothing to add or something? your comment is actually useless, brings nothing to the conversation

There, isn't a conversation - it is widely accepted there is a massive difference with Germans and Nazis, most urban populations hated them in fact, and saying innocent civilians deserved to be murdered and raped is distugsting
11 May 2015, 08:24 AM
Patrion 14

US, German, UK, Belgian press used "polish death camps"

Ever considered that we use the term "polish death camp" because the location is in Poland? What do you expect, "Nazi germany controlled but in Poland located death camps"? That's a bit hard to stick on the front page isn't it?

It also amazes me that you have the balls to link a newspaper article where Belgian students go and visit Auschwit so they could commemorate the horrors that happened there 70 years ago. So while you're mad that we used the words "polish death camps", we had an initiative to commemorate the whole ordeal happening.
11 May 2015, 08:47 AM

Ever considered that we use the term "polish death camp" because the location is in Poland? What do you expect, "Nazi germany controlled but in Poland located death camps"? That's a bit hard to stick on the front page isn't it?

It also amazes me that you have the balls to link a newspaper article where Belgian students go and visit Auschwit so they could commemorate the horrors that happened there 70 years ago. So while you're mad that we used the words "polish death camps", we had an initiative to commemorate the whole ordeal happening.

"Nazi death camp in Poland" would be fair enough
11 May 2015, 08:50 AM
Patrion 14

"Nazi death camp in Poland" would be fair enough

Because no one knows that the Nazi's were responsible for that. Honestly, stop looking for problems where there are none.
11 May 2015, 09:18 AM

Because no one knows that the Nazi's were responsible for that. Honestly, stop looking for problems where there are none.

problem is that people might not know
11 May 2015, 09:23 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Happy victory day. That said, since everyone is going OT I'm going to lock this one. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★