Login

russian armor

Sturm Tiger

6 May 2015, 23:46 PM

This has probably been discussed before, but I cant find it anywhere.

Relic changed the way the SturmTiger fires a while back, I think they shortened the range? But made it shoot through objects.

The problem is, the rocket clips small changes in hight of the ground and still explodes prematurley.

This really sucks, given the intended downsides of short range, long (vulnerable) reload, no aditional weapon and long aim time.

If you think realistically, the barrel is plenty above the ground that it shouldnt be skipping along the ground before reaching where it is aimed.

So what about giving it more of a projected arc, so it can actually reach its target most of the time. Its unique, but under used. At least its not bat shit OP. But would be nice if it was more reliable.
7 May 2015, 00:11 AM

Just give it 20s reload time.
7 May 2015, 00:16 AM

7 May 2015, 00:36 AM

Lemon he's just a little "special" in that mind of his :D
7 May 2015, 00:50 AM
Patrion 28

misfires really do suck on the stiger. i've only had a couple of them but both times it was a huge disappointment. i'm not sure there's anything relic can do though as the elevation issues are built into their engine (see every other projectile and elevation). i think at best they could make the explosion just happen at the clicked point and have the projectile be window dressing. that would (theoretically) make the ability function correctly but would lead to some odd occurrences.
7 May 2015, 00:57 AM

you cant be serious

Why not? You still need to drive it back to safe sector to reload safely, so it would probably be around 40s between shots. Then sturmtiger comes into game almost at the same time as call-ins do, and double t-34 with mark target will wreck it anyway.

If 20s reload is too powerful, increase dem fuel cost. Sturmtiger shouldn't be worse version of stuka. It should be hight risk hight reward death incarnate.
7 May 2015, 01:20 AM

No, 20s reload would be insane. Everything about it is fine, except for when it derps on terrain. You dont want to be nuked once a minute.

And dual 34/85s can actually have a hard time with it, you just have to take advantage of faction design: Couple rakketens in buildings next to the Flaf HQ is an ideal reloading base for the S Tiger. You can quite happily pop at any tank or blob and retreat to safety.
7 May 2015, 02:37 AM

No, 20s reload would be insane. Everything about it is fine, except for when it derps on terrain. You dont want to be nuked once a minute.

And dual 34/85s can actually have a hard time with it, you just have to take advantage of faction design: Couple rakketens in buildings next to the Flaf HQ is an ideal reloading base for the S Tiger. You can quite happily pop at any tank or blob and retreat to safety.

I will argue with any tank. Since sturmtiger lost ability to track vehicles it hardly going to hit any moving target. Blobs? It made to kill blobs.

Even if t34-85s could not destroy sturmtiger with direct assault, without panther or jagdpzner (and going sturmtiger means no panther or jagdpanzer for a loooong time) to support OKW infantry, t34-85s will give sov player so much map control and inflict so much bleed on OKW player, that some (if there would be any) squad wipes with sturmtiger in return would be hardly worthy trade.

Sturmtiger is very niche unit, but it under performing even in his niche. It not worth purchase sturmtiger when stuka is both better, comes faster and less risky. Look at wehr sniper. Relic buffed his hp twice (and 4hp more than they needed to if you ask me), but buff hardly made him op. I believe sturmtiger needs same approach.

ISU have potential to wipe with every shot. Taking assumption whole shoot-drive back-reload-drive forward to shoot cycle for sturmtiger takes 40 seconds, ISU (well, if static) can land 4 shots form safe distance in the same amount of time. Also, in addition to its far superior range ISU have almost same hp as sturmtiger does and more armor.
7 May 2015, 03:18 AM

Jadame makes a good point. You have to add to the long reload time the fact that you have to drive it all the way back to reload.

Then put it in harm's way to get the shot off.

It can't fight vs tanks effectively.

It means the OKW player with have no panther for a long time.

ISU IS2 Bulldozer Sherman and other units have a good chance of wiping a full unit per shot. They shoot several times per minute.

20s seems too dangerous but I'd love to see what the game would be like with a 30s reload Sturm Tiger
7 May 2015, 03:27 AM

why not stop this thing being a gimmick and put it more in line with an ISU/Bulldozer etc?
7 May 2015, 04:39 AM

why not stop this thing being a gimmick and put it more in line with an ISU/Bulldozer etc?

because we love see whole map went out sound and nuke effect on screen. but i have to say every time i see strum tiger i hit massive retreat on my infantry lol

i do think 50sec reload time is too long 30sec will do and give him a HMG on the top so it can defend itself a little
7 May 2015, 06:07 AM

380mm rocket launcher/=/152/105mm howitzer thats why.
7 May 2015, 06:14 AM

380mm rocket launcher/=/152/105mm howitzer thats why.

in an avoidance of pedantry i put forth that as a unit it fills a similar role in a really goofy way.
7 May 2015, 06:16 AM

in an avoidance of pedantry i put forth that as a unit it fills a similar role in a really goofy way.

I see your point, but thats not doing the vehicle justice.
7 May 2015, 06:18 AM

I see your point, but thats not doing the vehicle justice.

but, i just don't think having it sit in the schwerer being sad as the panther/wulfrahm have all the fun, is doing it justice either. personally, i'd like each vehicle to have a reasonable viable role, and if toning it done is a prerequisite, i certainly don't mind.
7 May 2015, 08:10 AM

No it would be a shame to change the nature of it. Even as it is, its still useful, it would just be more reliable/viable if it actually hit where you aim 9/10.

A panther is not essnetial if you go straight for S Tiger. Plenty of people stall straight for KT in team games (thanks to shrek blob), and its equally viable to get a S Tiger into KT.

Against vehicles you can use Falls, pop out a building, fuast, nuke :)
7 May 2015, 08:13 AM

Its fine the way it is.

You just need to either support it, or use it to support you, you can't expect it to move in and change a battle on its own.
7 May 2015, 09:31 AM

i think sturmtiger is a unit not suited for coh 2 style,...it is a unit which relies on one shooting units at several intervals ( if you time it right....and the armor of it has no point as it is used as an assault gun and it gets abandoned when hit while reloading.
The point now is you can get much cheaper,durable,longer range,less pop cap squad wipe units like 120mm mortar,oh sniper(LOL),stuka,the ridiculous B4 which one shots t-34 or p4 ( but a stuka dive bomb and sturmtiger because of terrible aoe vehicle damage)..etc...so since every units is moving in coh2...unless some noob is blobing like hell sturitger is a bad,bad unit don't use it u can get panther for little more fuel
7 May 2015, 09:38 AM

Shell seems less reliable than before the patch where they wanted to improve its reliability along with range. Certain objects still cannot be fired through even though it was said that it could. There is also a problem with elevation differences apparently. Sometimes the Shell does not shoot anywhere near where you aim at. Makes the unit even more of a gamble than it was.
7 May 2015, 11:57 AM

the armor of it has no point as it is used as an assault gun and it gets abandoned when hit while reloading.

lul wut? Of course it has a purpose, its not that long range, so you need to be able to drive upto ATG lines or face to face with a vehicle to get shots off. Then it has to pull back often being chased by armour completely self defenseless... so yeah, it does need armour.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 15
United Kingdom 49
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W