Login

russian armor

Question about squads calling out grenades/enemy contact

6 May 2015, 21:18 PM
Patrion 27

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to quickly know exactly which squad has a grenade coming their way, or just ran into an enemy.

I know spacebar jumps your camera to the last event or whatever, but I find that unreliable sometimes. And obviously in the early game there is usually only at most 2 or so small skirmishes going, so this applies more to the mid-late game when things get chaotic.

Thanks
6 May 2015, 21:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Its really just using spacebar/tacmap making sure you're in GREEN cover to minimize nade's damage,and analyze each engagement and predict the nade.......you see a engineer squad dont worry about a nade,if you hit spacebar and see a guards squad he's probably gonna try a sneaky nade even if hes losing the engagement horribly,etc

This is gonna sound trivial but just play more,the more you play the more you "Feel" the grenades coming

Otherwise if you feel you cant monitor an engagement properly just retreat.
6 May 2015, 21:34 PM
Benefactor 115

you can also check the unit shields for the ones that have the "in fight" indicator
6 May 2015, 21:45 PM
Patrion 27

Thanks for the replies guys.

I definitely am starting to feel more comfortable in predicting things in game. I think I have around 50ish games played split between all four factions so I'm still am a bit noob.

and I'll have to start paying more attention to the unit indicators. I totally forgot about those OpieOP
6 May 2015, 22:31 PM

eventually you'll get to the point where you start actually "meta-gaming" by drawing your opponents attention on one flank and grenading a squad elsewhere, or timing your assaults on one side of the map and doing something, somewhere else. like a boxer faking a hook and going in with jab.

good luck!
6 May 2015, 22:50 PM
Patrion 27

eventually you'll get to the point where you start actually "meta-gaming" by drawing your opponents attention on one flank and grenading a squad elsewhere, or timing your assaults on one side of the map and doing something, somewhere else. like a boxer faking a hook and going in with jab.

good luck!

I already try to do that when I can. I play all four factions in 1v1, but I am most comfortable with Ostheer on axis and usf for allies so I have a tendency to hoard munitions for upgrades, mines and such since they both are so munition starved.

A bad habit, but one I'm trying to break.
7 May 2015, 00:33 AM

yep! it's just a matter of getting more familiar with each faction. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★