Login

russian armor

CoH2 may be coming to Valve’s Vive VR Headset

4 May 2015, 13:07 PM
Senior Editor Badge

old, but gold :D

http://gamingbolt.com/company-of-heroes-and-alien-isolation-may-be-coming-to-valves-vive-vr-headset

http://vrfocus.com/archives/14587/alien-isolation-company-heroes-2-game-thrones-headed-vive-valve-leak-suggets/

Valve is one of the companies trying to spearhead the VR revolution, and its bid for supremacy in this increasingly contested market is the Vive headset, which it will be releasing in conjunction with HTC. We know a lot about the technology behind the product, but any piece of new computing hardware lives or dies on the strength of its software. So far, we haven’t heard much about the kind of software we might expect to see on Vive.

However, a new Valve leak (yes, apparently, these are a thing, which is news to me- I used to think Valve runs a pretty tight ship as far as leaks are concerned) seems to indicate that one big supporter of the project might be Sega. Big Sega games for PC, such as Company of Heroes 2 and last year’s horror hit Alien: Isolation, might both be coming to the Vive, it seems like.

Amazingly, that is not the end of it, either. The biggest coup here might be Game of Thrones- no, not the Telltale game. The actual TV show, which, it appears, will also be adapted for the VR format, and released for Vive.

The veracity of this leaks is in question- they were discovered and publicized by Reddit user linknewtab, who claims to have discovered a number of images of titles coming to the HTC Vive via a directory in the Steam folder. However, as we have seen in the past, Steam entries and files don’t always translate to a real world, final product release- whether or not Vive will indeed be getting these titles or not remains to be seen.

4 May 2015, 13:11 PM
Donator 11

Playing an RTS with VR googles, that's the experience i was always waiting for.

Edit: oh, i forgot "COH - the RPG", leaked by Romeo yesterday. Now it all makes sense.
4 May 2015, 13:18 PM

I am absolutely sure that there will be a visual equivalent to the sound bug.
Maybe a short image of Stalin flashing or something like that.
4 May 2015, 13:20 PM

I am absolutely sure that there will be a visual equivalent to the sound bug.
Maybe a short image of Stalin flashing or something like that.
I'd say that you suddenly see the SturmTiger's rocket explosion in fron't of you with brightness magnified 100x. Would be glorious.
4 May 2015, 13:21 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 13:20 PMsteel
I'd say that you suddenly see the SturmTiger's rocket explosion in fron't of you with brightness magnified 100x. Would be glorious.

Combined with the sound bug, this might be one hell of a "feature".
4 May 2015, 13:27 PM

It would be esports plane crush
4 May 2015, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 13:21 PMkamk

Combined with the sound bug, this might be one hell of a "feature".
Flashbang. :D
4 May 2015, 13:55 PM

Well, who didnt want to experience the canister shot in a immersive, first person, vr setting yet? I want to see my legs flying!
4 May 2015, 13:59 PM

B4 in full HD, VR. :megusta:
4 May 2015, 15:46 PM

:)for a RTS I would like to see something like this instead of vr, or holo-tables would be good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6sL_5Wgvrg

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS