Login

russian armor

axis 2v2

3 May 2015, 23:06 PM
Patrion 14

Recently, after the most recent patch, as axis, my partner and I found ourselves utterly unable to deal with just shear con/rifle spam by both enemy players.

any tips?

i am all ears for any suggetions.
4 May 2015, 01:29 AM

Recently, after the most recent patch, as axis, my partner and I found ourselves utterly unable to deal with just shear con/rifle spam by both enemy players.

any tips?

i am all ears for any suggetions.

only cons spam, not guard/ptrs spam?! ;)
my tip is to only play the formerly known as the weakest faction in the game AKA Ost, since now the weakest faction in the game is OKW. do not expect to win against the opponent of the same skill as yours when you play axis.

4 May 2015, 03:59 AM

mg42/mg34/kubel are your best bets to dealing with rifle/cons.
utilize the ostheer halftrack more, so when you push aggressively you can constantly be reinforcing. teching to t3 is actually really viable, if youre on point on not floating fuel u can get a p4 around 12-13 minute and really be aggressive with your lmg grens + halftrack + p4. vetted p4s can pretty effectively trade with t34 85s with pak support.
4 May 2015, 17:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Play "defensively", creep your line every time you manage to make him retreat.
Do not spread out as OH early on. Have your units been able to support each other on the early engagements.
5 May 2015, 01:41 AM
Patrion 14

utilize the ostheer halftrack more, so when you push aggressively you can constantly be reinforcing. teching to t3 is actually really viable, if youre on point on not floating fuel u can get a p4 around 12-13 minute and really be aggressive with your lmg grens + halftrack + p4. vetted p4s can pretty effectively trade with t34 85s with pak support.

Play "defensively", creep your line every time you manage to make him retreat.
Do not spread out as OH early on. Have your units been able to support each other on the early engagements.

so would it be ok to be content with lets say ~40% of the maps at first and try to gain more as the game goes on?
5 May 2015, 04:27 AM
Donator 11

so would it be ok to be content with lets say ~40% of the maps at first and try to gain more as the game goes on?

Yup. Contain them, don't overextend, crawl.
5 May 2015, 06:53 AM

you just have to make sure to not lose the first engagements. if you win or break even thats great, but losing territory in the first fight is very difficult to come back from.
5 May 2015, 08:29 AM

1 solid hold on a vp, 1 ammo + fuel pt, and constantly contesting either their cut off/another VP is a dream for me in 1on1's as wehrmacht. i think you can usually achieve a little more width as OKW, but that may be a little different in a 2on2.

and yeah, it's head in hand time if they manage to dig in somewhere vital.
5 May 2015, 09:02 AM

Maybe you got a inflated elo since last patch, sooner or later you will hit your real elo and things will be more gentle again.

"Bring OKW ELO in line with other factions"
5 May 2015, 11:30 AM

nice backhand there when he hasn't stated faction composition.
5 May 2015, 14:31 PM

Recently in my 2v2s I've been using Lemon's Wehr strat of mg > mg > gren > gren > t2 >pio > t2structure > HT while prioritizing flamethrowers on pios and using the second pio to build the t2 building so you can keep the first with your army.

Double flamethrowers can do serious work on a squad or pinned blob, so following the other advice in this thread just setup the mg's so they overlap, creep after every successful forced retreat, and use the pios to stop flankers. S-mines and tellars/riegels on the flanks and as long as your teamate is somewhat sentient it should go fairly well.

The only problem I'm having with this is when they go for a lot of 120mm mortars or pack howitzers. A regular mortar can help but can also be easily shut down by barrages/precision strikes.
5 May 2015, 14:43 PM

No, no, no. It is receipt for early and mid game. In late, katyiusha (or even 3 of them) will counter all of your inf and precision strike will fuck your PaK's and then, allies will come with 4 or more 85's with ISU/IS/SU-85 support. And where is your god now?
5 May 2015, 15:02 PM

Permanently Banned

If you control 40% of the map as Ostheer vs a conspammer by the 5 minute mark you're probably winning hard as fuck. 30% would be a better expectation for territory control, provided you win all your engagements via blob.

I like how these top 100s are coming in here and saying "don't spread out" when I know they're just trying to sugarcoat the fact that blobbing is only way to win as Axis. Not that they're wrong for doing so I suppose, just funny :snfPeter:
5 May 2015, 15:57 PM

As ost, double mg into halftrack is what I struggle against as allies. You gotta be on the ball with the mgs though, stay defensive at the start of the game and push when you have the halftrack.
5 May 2015, 16:07 PM

mg34 are just bad and a waste of mp bether just go double kubel will required micro to keep it alive till you have a pz2 or a early AA but still will be a waste of fuel resources for wt you can face a early will micro cons spam and rifles blob it flamers

5 May 2015, 16:08 PM

Double okw really strong this patch.

1st goes kubel into 2 volks into mechanizedHQ and fuel conversion into 1-2hmg (lufrwaffe or forti) into rushed flaktrack into medic into rushed jagdpanzer into whatever

2nd kubel or just 3 volks (2nd sturmpio and 3 volks also possibility) into medic into frp into flakHQ into 3 obers into command panther or kt into whatever

Also CAS heavy t1 with at guns, spam caches and strafe blobs all day everyday.
5 May 2015, 16:42 PM

Recently in my 2v2s I've been using Lemon's Wehr strat of mg > mg > gren > gren > t2 >pio > t2structure > HT while prioritizing flamethrowers on pios and using the second pio to build the t2 building so you can keep the first with your army.

Double flamethrowers can do serious work on a squad or pinned blob, so following the other advice in this thread just setup the mg's so they overlap, creep after every successful forced retreat, and use the pios to stop flankers. S-mines and tellars/riegels on the flanks and as long as your teamate is somewhat sentient it should go fairly well.

The only problem I'm having with this is when they go for a lot of 120mm mortars or pack howitzers. A regular mortar can help but can also be easily shut down by barrages/precision strikes.

If your ally doesn't go stuka you can get a mortar halftrack to try to help deal with 120s. It's definitely not the best solution but the alternative is to do some pretty aggressive pushes onto the 120s themselves which can end badly or is not possible at all. You could also tech to a panzer 4 to help in these pushes as well.
5 May 2015, 17:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge

What worked for us is double Ostheer: One player chooses CAS and the other one a Tiger doctrine of his choice. CAS player goes for heavy T1/T2 plus plane support to provide a solid early game and Tiger player awaits Tiger call in for a good late game. We do not gather our forces but play separatively (only in severe cases we blob together). We strive to hold at least 1 VP, 1 fuel and 1 ammo point. In case of a possible ISU-152 one of us chooses Elephant. In case of double USF the CAS player builds Sniper. CAS player should support Tiger player with strafes and AT cover. Important is never to overextend!

I think it is pretty hard to win against double Soviets, the strongest combo in 2v2 in my opinion. Mixed Allies and double USF is not as hard to play against.

EDIT: The CAS player can also choose Elite Troops instead provided there is no ISU-152, no Howitzer doctrine in loadout and no double USF and you had a decent early game. It is of course recommendable to wait before you choose your doctrine.
5 May 2015, 23:10 PM
Donator 11

What worked for us is double Ostheer:...

What are your vetos with this lineup? (if i may ask)
6 May 2015, 10:57 AM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2015, 23:10 PMkamk

What are your vetos with this lineup? (if i may ask)

Our vetos are Rzhev Winter and Moscow Outskirts Winter. Use other 2 vetos as you wish.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
New Zealand 5
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak