Login

russian armor

It is OK to have tank with invisibility in this game?

13 May 2015, 19:09 PM

wasn't there a vcoh tank that could cloak
13 May 2015, 20:21 PM

Yes, the Hellcat, a TOV unit. Its only downside was that it replaced the m10 tank destroyer which could actually penetrate axis armor. If the m10 didn't have the misfire bug that just made it not shoot anything, then the Hellcat probably wouldn't have meant much at all.

It was a more durable, more AI focused (it could get an mg upgrade) tank. It's cloaking was obnoxious and could be easily abused, but since the tank didn't scale too well, it was often ignored.

Kind of like if the SU-76 could cloak.
13 May 2015, 23:43 PM

I think it's kinda OP to have such armored, hard-hitting tank(ok AT-tank) with invisibility. Yep i'm ok with DPS and Armor of Jagdpanzer, but invis at 1st star, rly?

IRL it was designed with a low silhouette to be hard to spot in fields of farmland and other terrain... its one of the few vet 1 abilities in the game that makes sense....

That been said i dont think it should be able to be invis parked in a road.
13 May 2015, 23:54 PM
Patrion 28

Does the invisibility require a sort of hull-down ability with a cooldown that either immobilizes the tank or reduces its speed and rotation like the forward scope sight on tanks like SU85s and Elefants?

Because if its just a passive invisibility for not moving, then maybe it needs a drawback of some sort. The cloaking may not be a problem in and of itself, but the way it cloaks and what sort of restrictions/tradeoffs it has does matter a rather big deal.

it just flatout cloaks unless it's firing. makes it a lot more survivable although it moves about half the normal speed and can be decloaked if a unit is close enough and does something special. (i don't really understand the reveal mechanics in this game, i've had my jpIV cloaked with the IS-2 right on its ass and uncloacked with the IS-2 ~~5m away. i think 5m is the distance that units are supposed to be viewable at though.)
26 May 2015, 17:51 PM

Permanently Banned
I think it's kinda OP to have such armored, hard-hitting tank(ok AT-tank) with invisibility. Yep i'm ok with DPS and Armor of Jagdpanzer, but invis at 1st star, rly?
Just make it so it cannot go invisible in combat.That shit makes no sense and rustles my jimmies immensely
26 May 2015, 18:14 PM

I can't help but think, it SHOULD be able to cloak, once… then once its fired and ambushed whatever vehicle it shot at, it shouldn't be able to cloak again until it is in the FoW or something? Basically, it can't recloak right in front of the enemy? It should be an ambush ability, use once for a bonus pen or whatever then relocate or something.
26 May 2015, 18:26 PM

I can't help but think, it SHOULD be able to cloak, once… then once its fired and ambushed whatever vehicle it shot at, it shouldn't be able to cloak again until it is in the FoW or something? Basically, it can't recloak right in front of the enemy? It should be an ambush ability, use once for a bonus pen or whatever then relocate or something.

1 minute cool down imposed upon decloaking.
26 May 2015, 23:48 PM

The cloaking is stupid, otherwise it's fine.
27 May 2015, 05:41 AM
Patrion 14

cloaking mid combat is stupid.
27 May 2015, 05:54 AM

hetzer and hellcat
27 May 2015, 07:22 AM

Cloacking it's not a problem. It becomes a problem when only one faction / some factions benefit from it while others don't or when a faction benefits from it more than others.
27 May 2015, 08:50 AM

Way too many things in vcoh could cloak.
27 May 2015, 08:53 AM

Just make it so it cannot go invisible in combat.That shit makes no sense and rustles my jimmies immensely

Indeed. It looks so stupid to see a big tank suddenly disappear in between shots.
27 May 2015, 20:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Indeed. It looks so stupid to see a big tank suddenly disappear in between shots.
Wunderwaffle cloaking field activated!
27 May 2015, 20:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Cant cloak while engaged. Easy fix.
27 May 2015, 20:57 PM

Magic mushrooms can help yolo!!
30 May 2015, 15:19 PM

I think it´s fine as it is. Activated cloak reduces the turningspeed and movement. Even if you don´t have it activated you can´t chase enemy tanks most of the time.
Getting this tank delays teching and getting a panther, which can actually chase and kill tanks- not just scare them off.

This ability doesn´t turn the jp4 into anything more then a usefull way of keeping shermans and t34s from slaughtering okw-inf.... the same thing it is without using it.
Sure it can add some survivability in rare situations, but loosing a tank as okw is a realy hard hit in comparison to loosing a sherman or t34.

Tbh I rarely use this ability if I get a jp4 and so do the players I play against when I play allies.
30 May 2015, 18:38 PM

Once you have spotted it, it shouldn't be able to cloak again until it enters FoW. And there is no reason for it to be able to move while cloaked - it isn't meant to be a scout like the Luchs.
1 Jun 2015, 14:49 PM

As a dedicated AT platform, it should behave like the ambush cloak that the Soviet AT guns get. After firing, the Jagdpanzer gets revealed and needs to leave combat/enter the FoW to re-cloak. The first shot would give it the advantage it needs against other dedicated TDs. It should still be able to move while cloaked (with the current movement penalties), but not after engaging something in combat. Nevertheless, it probably needs a slight fuel price reduction to make it viable (bring it in line with the Jackson/SU-85).
1 Jun 2015, 15:55 PM

why would you need a fuel price reduction? It can already kill the jackson in 3 shots while the jackson has to shoot 4-6 shots to kill it. And with that already signifcant advantage, the jp4 is going to shoot first because it has better vision, and after vet1 it is invisible. In general it is also firing at tanks that are much less heavily armored then axis tanks, and therefor has a much higher penetration rate. And better front armor and a lot more health. The increased fuel cost reflects the advantages this tank has filling the same role Jackson/SU-85 fills, but doing it better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★