Login

russian armor

It is OK to have tank with invisibility in this game?

3 May 2015, 15:59 PM

I think it's kinda OP to have such armored, hard-hitting tank(ok AT-tank) with invisibility. Yep i'm ok with DPS and Armor of Jagdpanzer, but invis at 1st star, rly?
3 May 2015, 16:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can still hear it rumbling through the fog of war and probably breaking a lot of cover.
3 May 2015, 16:15 PM

What else do you suggest to give as Vet 1, and what bonus would you give on Vet 5 instead (because it buffs said ability)?

I haven't really seen it being used yet in a really big gamechanging way, so I am not sure there is a problem with it anyway.
3 May 2015, 16:16 PM

I think it's kinda OP to have such armored, hard-hitting tank(ok AT-tank) with invisibility. Yep i'm ok with DPS and Armor of Jagdpanzer, but invis at 1st star, rly?

Beware Carloff, KovuTalli will start crying if they change it :P

I haven't used it in a while so I cannot comment on the balance. But yes Vunther all balance issues can be negated through playing better.

The questions that needs to be asked is: How does it reflect the timing and price of the unit?
How hard is it to use vs how hard it is to counter and negate.

I mainly do Ost so I cannot comment on any of those questions but maybe someone who is familiar with it can answer the questions?
3 May 2015, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 16:15 PMgokkel
What else do you suggest to give as Vet 1, and what bonus would you give on Vet 5 instead (because it buffs said ability)?

I haven't really seen it being used yet in a really big gamechanging way, so I am not sure there is a problem with it anyway.

Well does that come from the fact that it is not overperforming or that many players chose not to use it?

In the games we have had with it (Team-games I don't use it like I said.) It can be used to great effectiveness against most armoured targets. Thanks to its heavy frontal armour and at high vet I've seen them take a third of an ISU-152 on a single shot. However it is somewhat of an uncommon sight for me when playing Allies.

Not saying it is OP or UP just that we should consider the usage of a unit as something different from its balance. Just trying to get a discussion going :)
3 May 2015, 16:24 PM

It could have Secure Territory :foreveralone:

The camo on the Luchs doesn't much bother me. The bit where it's a problem is the Jagdpanther, because it makes trying to fight it with any dedicated AT a micro hell. Every time you lose the target your guns start aiming elsewhere.

If it was a alpha strike ability only, and didn't re-pop between every shot mid combat, I'd be fine with it. It's the way that being in combat just doesn't stop it that sort of bothers me.

The luchs, again, has to be close enough to be spotted to really be firing and has a long burst fire that stops it from having this problem.
3 May 2015, 16:29 PM

The JagdP4 camo activates too quickly, you get a glimpse of it shooting and then you have to attack ground generally just to retaliate
3 May 2015, 17:32 PM

Yep, i got some ideas such stun shot or penetration buff for ammo.

You see, the main problem here what this invisiblity is soo fast, or I can say momentaly. If invis will come after some seconds by standing still it would be fine, but insta invisibility = OP.

Same for Pz2...
3 May 2015, 17:36 PM

The JagdP4 camo activates too quickly, you get a glimpse of it shooting and then you have to attack ground generally just to retaliate

This. As I sayed before there is no CD on that invis stuff. And for infantry too, sometimes you find to fight with Jaegers or Falsh is kinda fun - stay in cover - get invis. Keppo.
3 May 2015, 19:13 PM

For the most cost effective TD to also be effective against all other TD's because it ups the micro requirement on the Allied player is crazy. The camo is fine, but it needs to recloak slower.
3 May 2015, 19:45 PM

It has cloak because it's the least mobile TD in the game outside the super heavies. If you want to take out the cloak you would need to give it a little bit more mobility.
3 May 2015, 21:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why not give better vet abilities to other units (something i have asked for since several months) instead ?
4 May 2015, 05:43 AM
Patrion 28

Why not give better vet abilities to other units (something i have asked for since several months) instead ?

there's a fine line there between useless abilities and super snowball abilities. with that said, there are only a few vet abilities that are fine and less that are potentially op.
4 May 2015, 05:48 AM

It could have Secure Territory :foreveralone:

The camo on the Luchs doesn't much bother me. The bit where it's a problem is the Jagdpanther, because it makes trying to fight it with any dedicated AT a micro hell. Every time you lose the target your guns start aiming elsewhere.

If it was a alpha strike ability only, and didn't re-pop between every shot mid combat, I'd be fine with it. It's the way that being in combat just doesn't stop it that sort of bothers me.

The luchs, again, has to be close enough to be spotted to really be firing and has a long burst fire that stops it from having this problem.

It's a fucking problem with every goddamn vehicle without hold-fire. But we can't give it to all units because their command tab in UI doesn't have enough space :snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn::snfQuinn:.

And I mean hold-fire, not just prioritize.
4 May 2015, 06:18 AM

That is also something I don't understand.
There is no tank in this game that has so much abilities that all of the 12 grids on the right side would be filled. Even with commander abilities this is not possible.

Conclusion: There would in fact be lots of space to add a 'fire at vehicles only' button for EVERY tank (this could for example also be useful for the luchs when hunting katjushas, etc).

And technically this is no thing at all. I am absolutely sure that the engine has a function that handles target priorisation and when clicking the button, it simply refuses to aim at infantry. Adding this to every tank would be a thing of 5 minutes, not more.
4 May 2015, 15:58 PM

There is no tank in this game that has so much abilities that all of the 12 grids on the right side would be filled. Even with commander abilities this is not possible.

Conclusion: There would in fact be lots of space to add a 'fire at vehicles only' button for EVERY tank (this could for example also be useful for the luchs when hunting katjushas, etc).

And technically this is no thing at all. I am absolutely sure that the engine has a function that handles target priorisation and when clicking the button, it simply refuses to aim at infantry. Adding this to every tank would be a thing of 5 minutes, not more.

+1.

But you know NDA and relic secret plans kappa.

Yes only problem i see is the classic hotkeys might have an issue but it should be doable. Also 4x4 hotkeys are the best.
4 May 2015, 16:01 PM

Yes good point. Tired of chasing after IS-2 with tiger to have it turn its gun everytime the IS-2 disappears in the FOW to target retreating conscript model.
4 May 2015, 16:37 PM

Worked fine last time (vCoH).

JPIV is underused as it is, don't nerf it now.
4 May 2015, 16:43 PM

Worked fine last time (vCoH).

JPIV is underused as it is, don't nerf it now.

But is it underused because its lack of effectiveness or its tier-placement and how that works with most peoples meta? I would think the latter.
4 May 2015, 17:00 PM

Agreed, it's in a weird place. It's available to purchase (but you'd never have the Fuel) at about the same time that the Soviet scout car is about to come out. If you're really dedicated to getting it, then you can bring it pretty early on in the game, but it'll be useless because there'll be nothing for it to shoot, then when it's worth bringing out, you might as well have a Panther. It's another example of OKW's poor faction design.

Someone in another thread nailed OKW when they described the faction as a: "Wehraboo wank fest". Too much Krupp STEEL . Not enough thought into what the faction is going to do, counter, etc. Their susceptibility to the Soviet scout car opening. Guys, that strat has been in the game since day one and it has always been pretty dangerous, and you make a faction with less ability to counter it then OH does???
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak