Login

russian armor

Why do so many folks take this game so seriously?!

• This thread is locked
2 May 2015, 04:37 AM

The amount of dedication, efforts and time we put into analyzing and discussing specific details about this game amaze me. Not to mention all the antagonism and drama, lol.
2 May 2015, 04:40 AM

The amount of dedication, efforts and time we put into analyzing and discussing specific details about this game amaze me. Not to mention all the antagonism and drama, lol.

Compared to other game's communities *cough*starcraft*cough*, this is one of the better ones.
2 May 2015, 04:41 AM
Donator 11

That's just the norm for competitive games or games that could be competitive. I know many who are a part of the Super Smash Bros Melee scene and they discuss topics just as we do but they don't argue as much about balance since it'll never get patched ;)

Edit: I also came from the SC2 scene which is arguably better balanced but just about every thread about balance is ultra-cancerous
2 May 2015, 04:50 AM

That's just the norm for competitive games or games that could be competitive. I know many who are a part of the Super Smash Bros Melee scene and they discuss topics just as we do but they don't argue as much about balance since it'll never get patched ;)

Edit: I also came from the SC2 scene which is arguably better balanced but just about every thread about balance is ultra-cancerous

Anything that is "over competitive" is that way, League of Legends is the same way.
2 May 2015, 05:15 AM

I don't know about antagonism, almost everyone I regularly argue with on .org is on my friends list and we still play games together. I think the community is mature enough to agree to disagree about some things and be adults when it comes to actually playing the game.

2 May 2015, 05:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This game is competitive and serious? I thought the running gag was that this game could never be taken serious enough for E-sports or competitive play.

This game really isnt as complicated in comparison to coh1
2 May 2015, 05:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

War is a very serious topic
2 May 2015, 06:11 AM

This game really isnt as complicated in comparison to coh1

How so? I really don't think there's much of a difference.
2 May 2015, 07:13 AM

Spend some time on the Call of Duty or battlelog forums(or just about any FPS) then come back here and post this. battlelog forums seriously made me stop actively foruming for a while given the sheer number of brain cells I lost there.
2 May 2015, 07:40 AM

everything else above also add a charge of historical/nationalistic bitterness regarding some of the most historically controversial and most widely accessible topics of debate, and... yeah...

but, i mean. go down to ur local concrete court and listen to the kids talking about fade away jumpers and eff3pt% defense. like, people take things seriously that they like, it's passion and something i really appreciate in others, can it go too far?? absolutely! but, i mean, when i look at some people and, think hmmm, i don't like the part where they're balls to the wall hardcore about it, that doesn't really make me happy... y'can jusssttt keep going, just move on. ;)
2 May 2015, 07:43 AM

Why taking this game seriously, you ask?
Achievements and rank won't increase by themselves :megusta:
2 May 2015, 07:43 AM

Autists are serious people.
2 May 2015, 07:50 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

CoH2 is love. CoH2 is life.
2 May 2015, 07:56 AM

War. War never changes.
2 May 2015, 08:01 AM

i know this hurts you.
you cannot halt progress.