Login

russian armor

How to deal with the New Ostheer 1v1

4 May 2015, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 13:24 PMEsxile

When you build the lieutenant you should always unlock zooks couple of minutes later. If you go M20, always replace its crew with a RE one so you have a zook squad. Now I know stugE can easily kill any of your squads, that's a risk to asses every time.

It is really map dependent but going 2 or 3 RE can make you overwhelming him. Use the RE as scouting and capping squad and building holder while you use your rifles to flank.

2 or 3 RE start let you go easily to any commanders. its a trade-off for pushing power to capping power.
2 RE start with a bunker in a strategic location to hold until you get enough force to push.
3 RE start, no bunker but building holder in a strategic position.
4 RE start to Rifle commander performs well on many maps. It is really effective in term of manpower management but I wouldn't do 4 RE start with any other commander.

Remember that Ostheer need to keep his pio near to his MG to keep it effective, which mean for him less capping power or to replace a grenadier squad by a pio one.

Cons: more than 2 RE start make you really vulnerable to Grenadier spam. (just talking about early game)

I tend to almost always build a Second RE. But I havent tried anything higher then that. Interesting idea. Do you have a replay I can watch where this works?
4 May 2015, 19:16 PM

I don't keep the replay when I win, I'll try to. :)
10 May 2015, 23:31 PM

Hey.

Just wanting to throw my two cents in. By no means an expert atm, but I find Armoured Cmdr with an LT and Captain works really well for Ostheer and OKW. Its based around adaptability, combined arms and mutual support. Its solid, flexible and in the last 10 games i can honestly say I only lost one.

Standard 3 rifle opening, then a pregnant pause waiting for the LT, concurrent to LT i research nades. Then I start pushing, MG following for support.
Assault Engineers with flamethrower for building clearance or M20 for support.
Research Bars and equip Rifles as its feasible.
Then Captain and AT gun for light vehicles and/or early panzers.
Sherman bulldozer to support.

There is an early anti-AT lack as I wait for the Captain but so far enemies don't seem to keen to capatalise on it. If you apply enough pressure on his manpower he seems unwilling to produce a scout car.

The main winning point for me is the tactics, not the strat. Mutual support, attacking at different angles and liberal use of grenades and smoke with MG in imitate support.
It ain't perfect and probably needs twerking here and there but so far so good.

Got a good half dozen replays but... i don't know how to put them up. :(

11 May 2015, 00:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hey.

Just wanting to throw my two cents in. By no means an expert atm, but I find Armoured Cmdr with an LT and Captain works really well for Ostheer and OKW. Its based around adaptability, combined arms and mutual support. Its solid, flexible and in the last 10 games i can honestly say I only lost one.

Standard 3 rifle opening, then a pregnant pause waiting for the LT, concurrent to LT i research nades. Then I start pushing, MG following for support.
Assault Engineers with flamethrower for building clearance or M20 for support.
Research Bars and equip Rifles as its feasible.
Then Captain and AT gun for light vehicles and/or early panzers.
Sherman bulldozer to support.

There is an early anti-AT lack as I wait for the Captain but so far enemies don't seem to keen to capatalise on it. If you apply enough pressure on his manpower he seems unwilling to produce a scout car.

The main winning point for me is the tactics, not the strat. Mutual support, attacking at different angles and liberal use of grenades and smoke with MG in imitate support.
It ain't perfect and probably needs twerking here and there but so far so good.

Got a good half dozen replays but... i don't know how to put them up. :(

Pretty good sounding strat,I usually do the same these days but with Rifle company in 1v1,or armour if its 2v2.

You upload a replay by going to your My Documents>my Games>Company of heroes 2> Playback folder when prompted here. The replays will be there as you named them.
12 May 2015, 16:36 PM

For 1v1 I feel the major is not really needed, forward retreat isnt going to save you much time on the smaller maps, and it can make losing your ambulance a lot more likely.

I like doing straight Capt into Stuart, then Easy 8 spam, or you could use Armoured Company, but you may like some AI with this

Or if you really want an M20, you can do Lt then Captain, but Stuart might not be worth it then.
15 May 2015, 09:43 AM

Just quick update, refined it and changed it to rifle company commander, and it looks a whole lot better.
Totally agree with Major being useless 1v1.

Sticking to 3 Rifles, LT, M20, MG. Nades and BAR upgrades concurrent. Then its Captain and AT gun. AT gun can wait till the 15:00 minute mark, you want the Captain out at the 10:00 to counter the Scout Car that will start chasing your M20. Set up an ambush/trap and you're laughing.

The Easy 8 is a winner. By that point they surrender. But maybe I'm just getting lucky so far.
Hows everyone else getting on?
1 Jun 2015, 21:04 PM

Smoke grenade is great, pretty much all USF players use it against me. On small maps especially with many urban areas USF can do much better, and if you tech frag grenades you remove the threat of MG's. I can't imagine OST having enough units to overwhelm you if you attack any position, OST is by definition a small army.

It's not really feasible to MG spam as OST because it will have to be many MG's covering once sector in case you smoke grenade or flank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L