Login

russian armor

Game Review

30 Apr 2015, 18:15 PM
Donator 22

Please help me out by reviewing this. I'm especially looking for help with the early game. I know I did some stupid stuff with my sherman, and that I wasn't attentive enough with the Stuart. What else do I need to improve?

http://www.coh2.org/replay/34121/halp
30 Apr 2015, 18:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'll watch in an hour or so but before I watch anything...why Stuart?

Stuart is a game thrower.
30 Apr 2015, 21:50 PM
Donator 22

I use the stuart all the time to good effect. Its especially powerful vs OKW. I beat Dbmb with it (g1 in SCK before I got wrekt haha). It's very strong with support.
30 Apr 2015, 22:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Okay mantilles Heres my input:

Early Game

He rushes your cutoff and you continue to capture cut off territory. You shouldve sent that RE squad north once you saw the map flashing. Thats a wasted capping squad.

You also send a rifle squad to attack the unsupplied territory,again send your squads up north,dont send them to territory that is meaningless.

Wierd build order too,why go captain to kill flak when you could just go airborne and hit it with the 57mil.

You also let him set up the beginnings of a sim city in the middle.

You're still fighting for cut off territory.

Mid Game

Good kill on flak halftrack with stuart

infantry company was a bad call. You shouldve went Recon support and dropped a fuck ton of pathfinder arty,and then used 57mil with pathfinder sight on the simcity in the middle instead of mass LMGs.

Youve also officially let him set up New Berlin in the center of the map with nothing to really dislodge him with.

Squads and stuart lost to inattentiveness

to sum up,

Yeah,you stated alot of the mistakes you made in your OP,but you did inflict heavy casualties on him as well,it wasnt a "stomp" by any means,i actually think it was a premature quit by you,but thats easy to see in hindsight. You lost alot of squads and tanks tomicro mistakes but we all make those.

All in all, you're a good player antilles,obviously...

just be better with your micro and dont have such a bad attitude. You probably couldve won that game if you ddint quit so early

30 Apr 2015, 23:41 PM
Donator 22

Recon might be a good idea. I haven't used it in a while. I had planned on dislodging with the priest and the inf arty but I stupidly wasted it on the house for no reason. I thought the pathfinder arty might to expensive to have to drop 2-4 times.

Idk I often quit games too early I think that's one my biggest weaknesses. It really gets to me if I put in like a huge amount of effort and concentration to lose an hour long slugfest. You invest so much just to be frustrated. I don't ever rage in game but because I'm competitive it bothers me a lot.

The build is something I've been working on to try and learn to be more patient, which is very hard for me. Its supposed to be center around strong early rifle play with a ton of capping power. (2x RE and 4x rifles). Then captain, and if I have decent map control, stuart, at guns (1 or 2) and maybe pak howi if they camp. Then only Sherman's and priests.

It focuses on a strong late game and becomes very hard to break the line with USF at guns that have long sight and lmgs functioning as mgs. With proper positioning and pressure, you can get a very solid base lock going.

It also avoids the weaknesses in fast m20 (flak, puma, sc, STUGE) bc a captain and Stuart together can counter all of them. It also gives tools to remove a forward HQ with capt Stuart and the time on target arty. The high amount of rifles is useful for dealing with ostheer CAS and support weapon usage. Essentially, it trades some shock value for what I see as a long term investment. If I float munis, the inf mines also pair very well with the at guns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS