Login

russian armor

Do you enjoy playing USF?

28 Apr 2015, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 13:03 PMJohnnyB

Is there any faction, in your conception, or game, that is not bad designed?

Wehr.

You have diverse tiers which encourage combined arms.
You have multiple stock infantry and armor upgrades, allowing for what is mostly missing in coh2-decision making and actual resource management(to a point USF also got that).
You are encouraged, but not forced to pick specific doctrines.
You have good infantry and armor scaling.
Most units and off-maps have a role and are usable(aka no completely useless ones, maybe except encirclement doc one).
You have linear power progression, you are not punished for picking wrong tier.
You have EXCELLENT resource management possibilities through luftwaffe supply, luftwaffe support, Mechanized support and osttruppen doctrines.

The single problem they have is the T3 to T4 transition cost and maybe T1 to T2 as well.

3 remaining armies have pretty huge design flaws related to tier structure, munition management and teching choices.
28 Apr 2015, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 13:13 PMKatitof

Wehr.

And it's the weakest of all. Does this tell you something? Apparently, "bad design" and "successfull faction" are directly proportional terms.
28 Apr 2015, 13:54 PM

I enjoy playing USF, seems like an uphill battle from the start. I like challenges and the challenge is to defeat the Axis player before he gets out KT/heavy.

Playing OKW makes me feel dirty, I need to wash my hands after cause it is too easy.
28 Apr 2015, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 13:40 PMJohnnyB

And it's the weakest of all. Does this tell you something? Apparently, "bad design" and "successfull faction" are directly proportional terms.

You are confusing design and balance.
28 Apr 2015, 14:02 PM

I love USF. I can safely say its by far my favourite at the moment, although i didnt like it at all at first.

But i just love their units and the versatility. Their main tank, the Sherman, is a all - in - one package with its munition types and smoke projectiles. I also like every single doctrine they have. Yes, im one of the few that enjoy using the wc51.

Soviets are fun in theory, but are currently too limited in competetively viable builds and OKW is just OKW. Not sure how to think about OKW right now. Ostheer is extremely fun, imo. 2nd place for me.
Neo
28 Apr 2015, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2015, 13:40 PMJohnnyB

It's not the weakest this patch - OKW is (in 1v1).

I agree that Ostheer is the most balanced and rounded faction.

Personally, I actually like OKW design too. It's definitely something different without being one-dimensional... very Soviet-like actually with tiers that lock you into completely different units and diverse call-in elite infantry.
28 Apr 2015, 15:13 PM

I pinch my nipples and giggle like a little girl while playing USF

Bahahahahahaha
28 Apr 2015, 15:17 PM

I honeslty like all of the factions.

Soviets are probaly my favourite, simply due to the high count of viable and good strategies (just my opinion).

USF/Ostheer is a close second. I find them very fun to play.

OKW is probaly the least interesting faction for me, dont have a big problem with them, but thats just me.
28 Apr 2015, 15:25 PM

I get bored really quickly of the, despire the doctrine the general strategy is always the same in all game modes, spam rifles > get 1 or 2 light vehicles > proceed into sherman or jackson spam or a mix of them.

There's 0 variety, and outside the micro required the skill cap is low.
28 Apr 2015, 17:20 PM

USF Build order--> Rifle, rifle, rifle, (elite riflemen if you have the commander), rifle, ambulance or Lt, rifle rifle rifle rifle rifle.......M20 --->>> Sherman Sherman Sherman Sherman... They can basically play the whole game with 2 units. Steal enemy paks mgs and mortars and you have an army :)

If you wanna switch it up you can get other core infantry units like paras or Pathfinders but thats all commander specific stuff.

WFAs are both very boring imo because they are both centered around their core infantry units.

Wehrmacht you can play with only 1-2 grens and support weapons and still have a GG.

"Too one dimensional" Exactly.

I did not vote as there is no middle ground. But will say for the most part its too one dimensional. Just rifles into M20 and on to Shermans basically some of this because certain units kinda sucking rest is just bad design.

What I cant stand is Relics insistence to try to create SUPER UNIQUE factions in a game BUILT AROUND REAL WORLD ARMIES THAT ALL USED COMBINED ARMS In the end we just always end with gimmicky factions that always seem to encourage blobbing. This idea that factions should lack important weapon systems like mortars or getting MGs late is horrible!

I'd love to see both WFA get reworks so that they both have support early and good support weapons with weaker infantry so as to encourage blobbing.

USF Should get heavy Tanks
OKW SHOULD have medium tanks!
Soviet stock armor Should be viable!

ETC ETC ETC.......

Inb4 "want all factions to be the same"
28 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM

Fun to play: OKW >= Soviets > Ost > USF

USF is simply not fun to play as highlighted earlier because there is extremely little unit variant's. To little infantry, and they took all the most boring shermans to use.

Like it's a complete joke the most fun and reliable Sherman is a Soviet unit.

EDIT: lol at all the people saying OKW is to easy to play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★