Login

russian armor

frequent rifle grenades squad wipes

13 May 2015, 09:28 AM

Yea on lower (physics) setting you don't even see a trail and have no idea where it is going.

Super range granade without timer for standard infantry that doesn't need to be resaerched, totally broken imo.

I cannot count the times my maxims got oneshot with 4-5 men remaining.
19 May 2015, 12:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge

This can easily happen if your maxim squad clumps up. As Luvnest said Automatic-Cover-Seeking-System's influence on this issue is crucial and favours oneshot wipes significantly.
20 May 2015, 21:17 PM

Yea on lower (physics) setting you don't even see a trail and have no idea where it is going.

Super range granade without timer for standard infantry that doesn't need to be resaerched, totally broken imo.

I hear what people are saying on the micro, but when you're hopscotching all over the map, by the time you hear the *poink* sound of it being launched, you have little time to react.

Also, as said, for a non-tech item, it's a bit buffed. I've had squads wiped in all the covers, even a retreating one which seemed outside the radius of the 'nade.

21 May 2015, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 21:07 PMVuther

Because the animation for the Grenadier makes himself less obvious (crouches down) instead of more obvious (tosses arm up to throw).

Honestly though, 99% of any issues I have with it though is mini-precision strikes from the fog of war at vet 2 and the squad-bunching which makes most things that explode squad-wipe anyway (RG-33 + enemy in cover = Guarantee squad-wipe on hit or your munitions back!). The rest is just an extra annoyance.

you have less than no chance, the rifle nade is not going to change, yes its definitely OP, but it is what it is, just be massively aware of it at all times, allies are the micro factions, if you aren't quick at micro play axis factions is the best advice to be honest.

they have powerful units that can take and deal out a lot of punishment, they suit people who like to turtle and ease out slowly and you don't have to be as quick with your ractions, its a simpler style of gameplay because you go for keeping what you secure instead of skirmishing everywhere.
21 May 2015, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 21:17 PMGhostTX

I hear what people are saying on the micro, but when you're hopscotching all over the map, by the time you hear the *poink* sound of it being launched, you have little time to react.

Its the same with any nade.... Shoc and para's cooked nades i find are the hardest to dodge. You can hit retreat when you see the guy throw it and still lose half your squad. (from click to bang they are the fastest)... rifle nade you can side step if you pay attention. Unless its a bunched weapon team.
21 May 2015, 15:08 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak