Login

russian armor

Romeo's Tournament - Code of Conduct

• This thread is locked
26 Apr 2015, 23:18 PM

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a marvelous day watching the tournament. I have come here to post an issue I have had recently between myself and Romeo regarding Tournament Rules. Now I understand Romeo takes these rules seriously, i.e. positioning of factions on maps, accusations of hacking, etc...and he has done well to implement and distinguish himself with those rules to a certain extent, which I complement. There is one issue though I do have with the way Romeo has conducted his tournament and that is with the decision he made regarding afk players, and the way he went about said decision. I personally have nothing against Romeo and he personally has nothing against me I believe, however the conversation we had about the issue regarding my opponent being afk and I resolving to have him disqualified for waiting too long(as I have a life and other things to do on the same day as the tournament) went about in the most un-professional manner I have ever seen. I'm bringing this up because I want people to know that this a problem that shouldn't happen in any tournament, whether small or large.

The conversation below highlights what I am talking about:
jove: =(
Cheese: :(
jove: I can play give me a chance = (
Mohican: What kind of nonsense where suldi why Jove disqualification ?
Mohican: he has been waiting for a long time ready to play ?
jove: i do not know english
miragefla: Ivan siad you needed five minutes
miragefla: but thrity minutes past and you didn't appear
VonIvan: Jove you took to long :/
Mohican: vonIvan coward
Cheese: this is getting interesting OpieOP
Mohican: you do not honestly
jove: you yourself could call me
jove: I waited until you have answered
Mohican: VonIvan you have time to play or are you afraid of ?
VonIvan: I'm not afraid, I just hate waiting/have other things to do.
jove: do not even want to continue to play in your tournaments
Mohican: ready to play for a long time did not you call him igrat.Ya acted like a coward.
VonIvan: He told me he needed 5 minutes to rest, I gave him 30 minutes, never responded to me in that time....
Mohican: Judge here ?
miragefla: We're maintaining our stance on the decision
VonIvan: If he was here in the 30 minutes and had problem he coulda messaged me or on the group chat then
Romeo: what happened
Mohican: you act not fair
Mohican: Romeo!!!
miragefla: we disqualified Jove as he did not appear after making Ivan wait for 30 minutes
Mohican: You judge ?
VonAsten: just play the match
Romeo: lol
miragefla: while stating he only needed 5
Romeo: it's just 30 mins
-HOI-PauL.a.D: PAUL VS OST 2:0
Romeo: vonivan just play don't be a dick
miragefla: can we reverse the changes?
VonIvan: i have a life romeo and other things to do, i dislike waiting
Romeo: oh boo hoo
Romeo: 30 whole minutes
Romeo: von pls
Romeo: you're scared
Mohican: vonivan does not want to play
Romeo: play the game
Romeo: good luck to both of you

The conversation above is a highlight of what happened after I asked a ref, who then gave Jove an additional 5 minutes to respond in group chat or to me personally that he was ready to play. Ofc Jove never responded up until 10 minutes after that when Romeo shows up to argue that he was "unfairly" disqualified. What continued was the worst response I have ever seen from a tourney host, honestly. Romeo I love your tournaments and don't mind how you set them up, but if you have rules and decide to alter them to your own liking in a way that wasn't professional at all I find that quite offensive to be honest.

Anyway, this is what I wanted to let the community know about, and wish in future tournaments Romeo distinguishes himself a better manner around issues such as this one, that is all.

Side Note: For the people who called me a "coward" or "scared", who I wont call-out because that's not the purpose of this post, I wanted to get the tournament over with and go do the things I had to do that day. This is just a game and not something of "high" priority, so please, get a life. The only reason I went with Romeo's decision is because I wanted to show how wrong some people are, as I could have just stayed with the previous Ref's decision, I decided to politely continue the tournament even though the final decision was already made by a Ref of Romeo's 10 minutes before Romeo shows up.....

EDIT:
DISCLAIMER: I have decided to make this public, and I can, as I am part of the party involved and this was published on a public forum. I feel this is better than doing it behind the scenes, as that would accomplish little imo.
26 Apr 2015, 23:21 PM
Donator 22

Shoulda handled this behind the scenes dude. Just my humble opinion.
meh
26 Apr 2015, 23:23 PM

26 Apr 2015, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 23:21 PMMortar
meh
26 Apr 2015, 23:26 PM

FYI, romeo apologized directly in his stream AND THEN THANKED HIM FOR BRING IT UP IN THIS FORM after they hugged it out.

Von Wins! End of Discussion.
26 Apr 2015, 23:27 PM

^^
26 Apr 2015, 23:28 PM

No reason to bring more drama today. Romeo handled it nice on stream though.
26 Apr 2015, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 23:26 PMmeh
FYI, romeo apologized directly in his stream AND THEN THANKED HIM FOR BRING IT UP IN THIS FORM after they hugged it out.

Can confirm hugs were had, hopefully this never happens again.

Glad this could be discussed.
26 Apr 2015, 23:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Toll post? Barton where are you....
26 Apr 2015, 23:35 PM
Donator 22

I'm glad you held him accountable Von. Even good men like Romeo sometimes stray from the path of rightousness (except me)
meh
26 Apr 2015, 23:43 PM

This thread, like any other COH2 thread only has three things that really matter, who won, who lost, and were map hacks involved?

Von Won, Romeo Loss, No Map Hack Accusations were made.

Moving on to the next round.
26 Apr 2015, 23:48 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 23:43 PMmeh
This thread, like any other COH2 thread only has two things that really matter, who won, who lost, and were map hacks involved?

Von Won, Romeo Loss, No Map Hack Accusations were made.

Moving on to the next round.

Sadly, if you read the entire post, you would've known that this has nothing to do with maphacking... :snfCHVGame:
26 Apr 2015, 23:48 PM
Patrion 14

a lot of douchbaggeries in that chat. good thing it was handled.
meh
26 Apr 2015, 23:49 PM

Sadly, if you read the entire post, you would've known that this has nothing to do with maphacking... :snfCHVGame:

That's why I said no Map Hacking Accusations were made :snfCHVGame:
26 Apr 2015, 23:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 23:48 PMpigsoup
a lot of douchbaggeries in that chat. good thing it was handled.

Well, a bunch of adults handling matters maturely like this is rare in gaming communities. Glad it's over, or better to say glad it's over before it even began.

Let's just move on, this thing has the potential to become a full scale ForumWarz ShitStorm.
27 Apr 2015, 00:15 AM

I think I'd rather lose a round in which both my opponent and I participated in than win because my opponent was disqualified for taking 30 extra minutes between his previous match and the match we are supposed to play (Some people have to take 30 minute shits, show some compassion). I wonder how this would of went if Von had beat Jove in round 3... I bet this thread wouldn't exist.

Could the situation have been handled better? Sure. Did it warrant a whine post? Probably not. Should Romeo add a time frame for rounds? Maybe, but then there's always going to be unforeseen events within the time frame that could make players go over allotted time, so how would that be dealt with?

All I know is that right now, in the very important and time constrained life of VonIvan, he has found time to stream some CoH2.

Fuck the crusades already.
27 Apr 2015, 00:34 AM

I'm glad everything worked out.

Being as honest and transparent as possible holds everyone accountable, and creates far more opportunities for understanding and proper diplomacy, and if not, creates hard evidence for the poor quality of someone's character. So too it gives us more chances to reconcile one another and mend our ways.
27 Apr 2015, 06:30 AM

Coward! SwiftRage
27 Apr 2015, 07:51 AM

Surprised Jove is even allowed to participant in the tournament since he got caught abusing the on-me bug. :snfBarton:
27 Apr 2015, 07:56 AM

i feel a little out of place in this discussion, but what's done is done and i hope it leads to an evolution of the ruleset so such incidents can be avoided in the future.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 20
unknown 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak