Login

russian armor

USF Popcap bug?

26 Apr 2015, 17:05 PM

You really need to learn to tell bugs from features.

You could just as well go about PaK43 shooting through shot blockers being a bug.

If something is FULLY INTENDED DESIGN CHOICE its NOT a bug, no matter how many times you'll repeat that.

There is no conspiracy theory here, take off your tinfoil hat.
26 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM

They just need to disable being able to decrew certain tanks. Take it off the Priest, which IS easy to pop cap abuse since you don't need to be in the tank while the barrage is on cool down.
26 Apr 2015, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 17:02 PMNeo
It's a bug. Relic is pretending it's not cause they don't know how to fix it.

It's a bug.

No it isn't.

Being able to crew vehicles and weapons with infantry that takes you over pop cap has been in the game since alpha.

It's not a bug.

Stop lying to yourself to try and justify your position on the matter.
26 Apr 2015, 17:44 PM

They just need to disable being able to decrew certain tanks. Take it off the Priest, which IS easy to pop cap abuse since you don't need to be in the tank while the barrage is on cool down.

What if it's partially destroyed and you don't have any other crews or Rear Echelons? Your suggestion is against faction design.
26 Apr 2015, 18:05 PM

What if it's partially destroyed and you don't have any other crews or Rear Echelons? Your suggestion is against faction design.

Then you lose it because it's a mobile artillery piece, it's already got enough strengths going for it without being able to jump out while the barrage is on cool down so you don't need to worry about the pop cap/MP reduction.

It's fairly hard to pop cap abuse with tanks you NEED on the front at all times, but when it comes to the Priest theres little effort involved, barrage then hop out to get your pop cap back.

26 Apr 2015, 20:18 PM

Then you lose it because it's a mobile artillery piece, it's already got enough strengths going for it without being able to jump out while the barrage is on cool down so you don't need to worry about the pop cap/MP reduction.

It's fairly hard to pop cap abuse with tanks you NEED on the front at all times, but when it comes to the Priest theres little effort involved, barrage then hop out to get your pop cap back.

It is still against faction design. Making exceptions with certain units isn't going to improve balance in the long run. When you design faction as a whole, all of its units should retain every trait of it.

Think of it like polymorphism in IT. When you create a parent class (Vehicle), all child classes (M20, Sherman) use parent class' methods (Drive, Shoot, Bail Out).
26 Apr 2015, 20:21 PM

It is still against faction design. Making exceptions with certain units isn't going to improve balance in the long run. When you design faction as a whole, all of its units should retain every trait of it.

Think of it like polymorphism in IT. When you create a parent class (Vehicle), all child classes (M20, Sherman) use parent class' methods (Drive, Shoot, Bail Out).

Except the Priest is an artillery piece, and every faction has "exceptions". The JPIV is an exception for OKW, which doesn't get medium tanks for instance.

The reason pop cap abuse is so problematic with the Priest is that your only ever paying for it for the very short amount of time it's barraging, the rest of the time you can just have it decrewed.
26 Apr 2015, 20:38 PM

Except the Priest is an artillery piece, and every faction has "exceptions". The JPIV is an exception for OKW, which doesn't get medium tanks for instance.

This one is quite amusing. Because it means you did not understand what I've told you.

Let's continue with my example. When you create a class (Vehicle), every child class (Jagdpanzer 4, Puma, King Tiger) has those basic methods such as Drive or Shoot. But what you do is confuse polymorphism's effects in heiring methods and using classes' instances.

Class Vehicle is the parent class of Light Vehicle, Assault Gun, Tank Destroyer, Medium Tank and Heavy Heavy classes (let's say).

Puma extends Light Vehicle class. Jagdpanzer 4 extends Tank Destroyer and King Tiger Heavy Tank class.

Now OKW faction, which consists of units (Sturmpionieers, Volks,wagens, Stukas) extends Faction class, but there is nothing in Faction that defines amount of unit types. There is no variable or constant that tells OKW "you have to have at least x of Medium Tanks". Now this is what I'm talking about.

The reason pop cap abuse is so problematic with the Priest is that your only ever paying for it for the very short amount of time it's barraging, the rest of the time you can just have it decrewed.

Well? Is it so problematic? You choose to discard one of the most basic faction features to solve that, let's be honest, small problem? This is simply a perk of that unit.
27 Apr 2015, 09:33 AM

The amount you save is so small, its not worth the additional micro to do.
27 Apr 2015, 10:02 AM
Benefactor 115

OMG PEOPLE SPAM STUFF IN 4v4s, RELIC FIX THIS!!!!
27 Apr 2015, 11:14 AM
Donator 11

Maybe just make cooldown that is not counted when the vehicle has no crew? Going over cap is not a bug but the gun that reloads itself without the crew definitely is.

Btw overcapping is very risky as you deny your ability to reinforce the squads when you go into vehicles. It's qite easy to force us players to go into his tanks with artilery for example and then wipe all his 1 man vetted squads spawning falls near major...
27 Apr 2015, 11:51 AM

Maybe just make cooldown that is not counted when the vehicle has no crew? Going over cap is not a bug but the gun that reloads itself without the crew definitely is.

Btw overcapping is very risky as you deny your ability to reinforce the squads when you go into vehicles. It's qite easy to force us players to go into his tanks with artilery for example and then wipe all his 1 man vetted squads spawning falls near major...

As you can see in my video my friend spammed only tanks. No Infantry only 8 Easy Eight.
27 Apr 2015, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 16:13 PMNeo

The fact that I don't know how to fix my toilet doesn't mean shit coming back out of it is normal.

i laughed so hard. omg. haha.
Neo
27 Apr 2015, 14:31 PM

i laughed so hard. omg. haha.

I aim to please. Especially when in the toilet. BOOM
27 Apr 2015, 14:40 PM

I think the issue is that USF can decrew a vehicle to free up pop cap, not that anyone can recrew a vehicle to go over pop cap.

There are many instances where I would love to reinforce my army fully or free up the 1 or 2 pop cap I need to build or call in a new unit. USF has the ability to swing a vehicle's worth of pop cap at any time with the ability to actively decrew their vehicles.

It's not something that's going to get fixed, or even considered being fixed, as long as USF doesn't have any actual heavy tanks.
27 Apr 2015, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 09:33 AMsamich

The amount you save is so small, its not worth the additional micro to do.

It takes up a lot of population cap and the micro is piss easy. Click barrage, when finish hit decrew. Repeat forever.

Well? Is it so problematic? You choose to discard one of the most basic faction features to solve that, let's be honest, small problem? This is simply a perk of that unit.

I wouldn't call Priest pop cap abuse a small problem when it's one of the most powerful things in the game since you can't counter it.

27 Apr 2015, 15:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Its an example of the gimmicky USF design being fun on paper but stupid in practice. Having every vehicle have a crew that can hop out and repair itself is flawed anyway. But exceeding popcap by doing so is probably not the more concerning issue.
28 Apr 2015, 12:05 PM

It takes up a lot of population cap and the micro is piss easy. Click barrage, when finish hit decrew. Repeat forever.

I wouldn't call Priest pop cap abuse a small problem when it's one of the most powerful things in the game since you can't counter it.

So easy and so much of a saver that literally nobody bothers to do it.
28 Apr 2015, 16:08 PM
Donator 11

I think Relic already did a statement on that kind of bug.
Personally I would give this bug a very very low priority. Because if a USF have 5+ tanks you did something wrong. Regarding 4v4 games it would be fair but also not really necessary. At this stage of a game Axis players will have multiple heavy tanks to encounter medium tanks
28 Apr 2015, 17:02 PM

It's still not a bug, just saying. A bug would be if they could buy more tanks whilst still having 100+ pop cap active.

If people could stop calling it a bug that'd be great.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★