Login

russian armor

USF Popcap bug?

26 Apr 2015, 12:49 PM

Hello guys we need to talk about this bug or whatever you want to call it.

Spamming like 7-8 Sherman Easy Eight thats not funny at all and you can do it when you want. What you think about this situation? I will post a video, need to upload first.
26 Apr 2015, 12:53 PM

I hope u not that "new" guy who just join to the community tell us about future of USF to jump out of a vehicles
26 Apr 2015, 12:54 PM

It's been brought up a million times before.

Exceeding your pop cap is known and fine.

If your opponent has 1400FU to spend on E8's and you haven't forced him off the map while he sits in bis base with five of them decrewed the game is a joke anyway.

Any nation can exceed their pop cap by picking up a weapon or vehicle worth more than the infantry that crew it, including things like, say, PaK 43's and artillery.

I have seen a player using nades to 'abuse' this too. It's rather comical but not even relevant to a game that isn't already fubar.
26 Apr 2015, 12:59 PM

I hope u not that "new" guy who just join to the community tell us about future of USF to jump out of a vehicles

im not new, today my friend told me he reach like 150 of popcap we're playing 4vs4 2 USF 2 SU.
26 Apr 2015, 13:13 PM

I think OP have a bigger problem then USF crews if he let opponent to have 8 EZ8s at once.
26 Apr 2015, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 13:13 PMKatitof
I think OP have a bigger problem then USF crews if he let opponent to have 8 EZ8s at once.

Well the enemy had 3 King Tiger 1 JagdTiger and the map was 50/50. Of course we Won the game.
Neo
26 Apr 2015, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 13:13 PMKatitof

It's still a bug and still needs fixing.
26 Apr 2015, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 13:30 PMNeo

No it isn't.
26 Apr 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 12:59 PMShizuo

im not new,

Sorry my fault. You full and complete... a man that only know in which hand he (or she) should grab a mouse (controller)
26 Apr 2015, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 13:30 PMNeo

Relic was asked about it multiple times and they replied multiple times that its intended design consequence.
Therefore, not a bug and won't be fixed.
26 Apr 2015, 14:55 PM

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDrqoWwEs9U&feature=youtu.be

Katitof

It's called Bad Design they wont fix problem? Change the design or give the same pop for the crew.
26 Apr 2015, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 14:55 PMShizuo
It's called Bad Design they wont fix problem? Change the design or give the same pop for the crew.

*Sigh*

No, it's just design. Any army is allowed to crew anything even if it takes them over pop cap, so long as they spend the units to do so and are okay with being unable to reinforce it.

But hey, let's go with your idea! Now the vehicle crew has to be different for every single vehicle, making every one of them unique. Not a massive problem, just sort of dumb, right?

Okay, so that's fine. Now what happens if you bail out and the vehicle you were in was destroyed? You have up to 14 pop cap being hogged by a 4 man squad with no combat ability at all. Vehicle crews suddenly become a huge hindrance to your army.

How about tying it to the crew so long as their tank is alive? Well, if you bail out and get caught, but want to retreat a vetted squad to put into another tank? The enemy can now steal it and that tank is now a hindrance because your crew occupies pop cap, and the crew that bails out of the next tank to make room for the vetted crew now has to get itself killed or hinder your army for no reason. The above is a reason the pop can't be tied to the tank, too, or abandoned tanks are now worth repairing and preserving because it's a pop cap hit to your opponent.

Even better, it's still easily circumvented. Crew now has high pop cap? Bail out, kill them, replace with rear echelon who are cheap as chips. Still repair just fine and operate the tank with no issues.

Talk about bad design? Your suggestion is nothing short of cancer, punishing players in legitimate positions because of the possibility of a gimmick that's only available in prolonged passive play stalemates or massively one sided games.

There is no way to solve the 'Problem' (quote unquote) without punishing players in common, viable situations unjustly for the sake of removing a gimmick that never happens in a game where not being able to do it would actually make a difference.

Leave it.
26 Apr 2015, 15:41 PM

FYI : This "bug" is a consiquence of how USF is designed. IT IS NOT GETTING FIXED. Relic confirmed this multiple times and it is intended.

Besides, this basically has no effect in 1v1 or 2v2s and only somewhat effects 3v3s or 4v4s...

If you have an amazing way to fix this, then please inform relic. Because what we have now is really the best solution.
Neo
26 Apr 2015, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 15:41 PMBurts
Because what we have now is really the best solution.

This is the point. This bug is too difficult to fix so Relic are pretending it's not a bug.

Having one side popcapped and the other able to hoard vehicles is clearly not intended. It's an accidental consequence of terrible faction design overall.

I also don't believe it's going to get fixed but it's still a bug and still needs fixing.

26 Apr 2015, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 15:54 PMNeo

This is the point. This bug is too difficult to fix so Relic are pretending it's not a bug.

Having one side popcapped and the other able to hoard vehicles is clearly not intended. It's an accidental consequence of terrible faction design overall.

I also don't believe it's going to get fixed but it's still a bug and still needs fixing.

Then how would you go about to fix it? Making vehicle crews take up more popcap would just be punishing the USF player for good play, popping out your vehicle crews just before they die is something you need to time very well.
26 Apr 2015, 15:59 PM

Who can and can't do it isn't even a consideration. if the game has gone on for so long with so little combat that you've got a dozen E8's the game is well out of the hands of the balance team and 100% into the realms of derpsville.

It's like saying we should re-design tank traps because if you build 300 of them inside the enemy base covered in barbed wire units can't get out of their spawn and allowing this is clearly unintended. These things just aren't a balance issue nor do they need fixing. It's just a quirk of what's possible to achieve in the engine.

Hell. If you really want you can do it as OST or OKW. Get a bunch of infantry, for example, and built PaK43's. Keep building PaK 43's, and flamethrowing/grenading/whatever the crew to death. Once you have the desired number, crew them all with your infantry. Bam, 200 pop cap in massive AT guns.
26 Apr 2015, 16:07 PM

it just decrew and call the new one and then recrew again
Neo
26 Apr 2015, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 15:58 PMBurts

Then how would you go about to fix it?

The fact that I don't know how to fix my toilet doesn't mean shit coming back out of it is normal.
26 Apr 2015, 16:55 PM

Stop calling it a bug, because its just as much a bug as volks being able to buy shrecks.
Neo
26 Apr 2015, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 16:55 PMKatitof

Stop calling it a bug, because its just as much a bug as volks being able to buy shrecks.

It's a bug. Relic is pretending it's not cause they don't know how to fix it.

It's a bug.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 57
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak