Login

russian armor

Glider Company Idea

25 Apr 2015, 19:43 PM

So, seeing that the guy who post the Marine Commander topic didnt get blamed of the position of his post, I think this is a good spot for mine. I also have to say that I didnt play CoH2 yet so, sorry for if anything sound useless.

Well, here is the Glider Company, its capable of delivering infantry and light support via stealthy but fragile gliders.

Abilities:

1 Command Point cost: Pathfinders
Same as Airborne Company.

3 CP cost: Glider Infantry
Deploy 2 squads(They can be a new unit or just Riflemen, "glider riders" were only line infantry that have been drafted)(Gliders could actually deploy 13 soldiers) each one armed with 1 thompson and a mix of Carbines and Garands, they also have the ability to pick 2 bazookas and 2 M1919A6s once the glider landed.

4 CP: WC51 or a Jeep/ .50 Cal team.
A glider carrying a light support vehicle/.05 Cal team to pin down enemy units.

5 CP: 75 mm Pack Howitzer M1/M1 57mm AT Gun.
A glider carrying a Howitzer/AT Gun to give medium support beyond the lines

10 CP: Thunderbolt Strafe
A P-47 Thunderbolt will scout and make a strafing run with its .05 cals on the designated area

How gliders work?
The landing zone marker is similar to the paratroopers mark, just longer, but they can be shortened on limits of the maps. Glider will only appear on the player and allies radar, due that the c-47 has drop the glider at a high altitude and far away from the map, only being visible on the main screen. Glider are fragile, meaning that landing on a thick forest, building or lakes, rivers, cliffs(and also tanks) will result on the destruction of the glider and the crew/cargo, adding the fact that they can be shot down(gore-ly thinking: glider ripping apart and crew/cargo falling to the ground), hitting trees, rocks or a hit to the previous dangers once the glider landed but still slowing down will mean the crash of the glider, death of part and destruction of the cargo. Once pass the horrible threads that the landing may represent the glider will gently stop and the pilots(Maybe another new unit, being a squad of 2 porting M3s or Thompsons will disembark and "open" it, if it was carrying infantry the squads will come out and 2 Bazookas and 2 M1919A6s will appear on the floor, if it was carrying a gun team/vehicle, these will come out, ready to deploy.
So, what do you guys think, I think I balanced enough beetween dealing a heavy blow to the enemy behind his lines and a horrible and bloody failure full of crashinsg (and yes,TO MUCH TEXT!!!)
25 Apr 2015, 19:56 PM

There are a ton of maps that this would just not work on. More so the urban maps or maps with a heavy forested area.
25 Apr 2015, 20:15 PM

There are a ton of maps that this would just not work on. More so the urban maps or maps with a heavy forested area.[/quote

Aargg, well thats a problem

25 Apr 2015, 20:55 PM

The real question here is why? You basically just recreated airborn company with gliders. Why do all that work just to introduce whats already in-game.

I can see gliders being part of the brits though, just like in coh1.
25 Apr 2015, 21:11 PM

Well down the drain its goes
25 Apr 2015, 21:28 PM

10 cp glider crush.

squadron of 3 heavy gliders will squash our enemies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★