Login

russian armor

Suggestion: heavy weapon upgrades should affect mobility

25 Apr 2015, 17:08 PM

Hi all,

So as the title says: how about a very slight decrease in movement speed for infantry carrying heavy weapons like lmg/ptrs/shreck. The idea is to make long range blobs slightly vulnerable to mortar/arty fire as well as differentiate these upgrades from slightly less effective but more mobile upgrades eg g43, ppsh, bars etc.

What say you all?
25 Apr 2015, 17:23 PM

Not really necessary. Those weapons already need to be stopped to fire. I don't really see the need to punish them further in this way.
25 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM

Not really necessary. Those weapons already need to be stopped to fire. I don't really see the need to punish them further in this way.

agreed.
25 Apr 2015, 17:33 PM

The only change I'd like to see is some aim time slapped onto panzerchrecks.

Right now the ability to round corners with a pair of Pgrens orvolks and hit stop just to watch the troops swing the tube up into perfect firing aim in half a second is a little alarming.

I'd say the same about 'zooks but.. well. Lol. Zooks.
25 Apr 2015, 17:41 PM

• The intent isn't to punish. Honestly when was the last time you chose g43s instead of lmg42 or bars over 1919s (if you have access to 1919s)? Any kind of long range weapon upgrade will by definition be more cost effective than its counterparts otherwise it won't serve its purpose. The idea is to make them better for defence. This won't stop the lmg blobs from yoloing into an mg, just give that mg half a sec or so extra time. The keyword is slight, like perhaps 5% or less. I'd like every weapon to serve a purpose and increase tactical diversity. Plus nobody fires on the move anyway cause of 50% reduced accuracy (in the majority of cases) so that 'restriction' is pretty moot anyway.
25 Apr 2015, 17:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 17:41 PMJunaid
  • The intent isn't to punish. Honestly when was the last time you chose g43s instead of lmg42 or bars over 1919s (if you have access to 1919s)? Any kind of long range weapon upgrade will by definition be more cost effective than its counterparts otherwise it won't serve its purpose. The idea is to make them better for defence. This won't stop the lmg blobs from yoloing into an mg, just give that mg half a sec or so extra time. The keyword is slight, like perhaps 5% or less. I'd like every weapon to serve a purpose and increase tactical diversity. Plus nobody fires on the move anyway cause of 50% reduced accuracy (in the majority of cases) so that 'restriction' is pretty moot anyway.

that's pretty sound logic, but a lot of other changes would need to be made to balance this out, seeing as this would probably effect Ostheer the most (between LMG Grens and shreck-wielding Pgrens), and Ostheer is already considered to be weak.
25 Apr 2015, 18:50 PM

that's pretty sound logic, but a lot of other changes would need to be made to balance this out, seeing as this would probably effect Ostheer the most (between LMG Grens and shreck-wielding Pgrens), and Ostheer is already considered to be weak.

The real problem with ost is teching and the über effectiveness of callins plus weak soviet stock units. This thread has a good analysis on the tech issue. http://www.coh2.org/topic/33612/early-game-for-ost/page/3#post_id322164
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★