Login

russian armor

All vehicles useless against OKW

27 Apr 2015, 15:33 PM

This thread was created on the SU strat section, as I started experimenting with this faction and playing 1vs1.

T3476 is pushed back or hard-countered the moment it hits the field. KV8 has a low burst duration and shitty range, so it can't do what it's supposed to do.

The B4, although it's not a vehicle, it was a reliable AT before the nerf. It's an inaccurate useless shit now.

The KT still has no counter, 3 ZiS and one IS2 were shooting turds at it and all they managed to do was reduce its health to 40% maybe, which got repaired and came back in less than 1 minute and destroyed the remaining half-dead ZiS crew lol. And the schreck was just the icing on the cake.

Yup. A mobile, spamable version of pak40 available at the first second of a match. It got buffed with no cost adjustment.

Uh, you know that a Pak40/Rackten is just as likely to bounce shots versus an IS2 than a ZiS versus a King Tiger right? The IS2 has the advantage of speed over the KT, and it has excellent pen at point blank range. Use that to your advantage.

Also the KV8 is the best truck counter in the game, it melts them extremely fast.
27 Apr 2015, 16:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also the KV8 is the best truck counter in the game, it melts them extremely fast.

It's a shame i'm more scared of a Sherman on HE or a T70, than a pure slow doctrinal AI tank.
27 Apr 2015, 16:37 PM

It's a shame i'm more scared of a Sherman on HE or a T70, than a pure slow doctrinal AI tank.

I like KV-8 for its anti-building capabilities (which is great against OKW).
27 Apr 2015, 16:55 PM

It doesn't take much speed to drive out of the tiny raketen arc, KV-8 can also burn trucks through shotblockers
27 Apr 2015, 16:57 PM

Blame flamer crits being the most bullshit thing in the game, flamers should just do high consistent DPS instead of randomly wiping squads.

EDIT: But yeah it's unparallelled for killing buildings. Worth it just to kill the Schwer in a matter of seconds and clear out buildings.
27 Apr 2015, 17:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll say i have other problems as Soviets than being able to kill or clear a building.
27 Apr 2015, 20:57 PM

I'll say i have other problems as Soviets than being able to kill or clear a building.

The KV8 comes in more than a few Soviet doctrines, it's just icing on the cake and cheaper than teching. Really the only issue it has is that it has lower armor than the KV1 for ~reasons~.
27 Apr 2015, 21:09 PM

this thread...

:guyokay:
27 Apr 2015, 21:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Vs mechanized vehicles certainly have a more supporting role rather than being able to freely run in shoot a few shots and pull out because no engine snares. But 5-6 minute pumas and flak halftracks are utterly retarded.

They aren't super OP. I am just pretty annoyed how fucking easy wfa armies can field early vehicles that aren't paper thin, but rather require AT guns or engine snares to force off. Shit design.
28 Apr 2015, 00:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Never faced two or three shermans loaded with HE have you?

When you do, you will come to other conclusions.

Untill then, stop spreading this gibberish!
28 Apr 2015, 00:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Lol, what's the point of this thread? OKW AT power is OP? Lel. Early M3A1 rush = early GG, M20/AAHT can still dominate pretty hard, Shermans HE shells + Crush and Soviet T70 annihilate infantry, and Soviet heavies are just as potent as ever (I would say the IS2 was indirectly buffed by the KT being nerfed).

29 Apr 2015, 00:54 AM

My only real guff is all the goddamn smoke canisters. There are better ways of filling that role without some, "tee hee!" inducing button mash. At the bare minimum they need to fix it so that units manually told to attack a target that pops smoke doesn't then induce all said units to walk into the smoke (particularly AT guns which will interrupt target finding and pack up the gun to start moving)
29 Apr 2015, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 00:54 AMacosn
My only real guff is all the goddamn smoke canisters. There are better ways of filling that role without some, "tee hee!" inducing button mash. At the bare minimum they need to fix it so that units manually told to attack a target that pops smoke doesn't then induce all said units to walk into the smoke (particularly AT guns which will interrupt target finding and pack up the gun to start moving)

This is already in the game, attack ground.
29 Apr 2015, 01:03 AM

@SK and Nathanm465: Who talked about USF? They have no trouble dealing with OST/OKW. I was talking about stock SU units.
29 Apr 2015, 22:21 PM

This is already in the game, attack ground.

that's not what he said
29 Apr 2015, 22:29 PM

SU-76 > VolksGrens because it has a barrage, right? Riiiiight?

It's not like the puma has more health and better view range and speed and a turret and etc. etc. etc.

More seriously, no, they're just very limited in their use and using them for prolonged periods is hard because of all the time spent repairing and all the vet volks get (to hit your tanks more).

I still argue core infantry shouldn't be getting heavy AT but what do I know, right?
29 Apr 2015, 22:39 PM

SU-76 > VolksGrens because it has a barrage, right? Riiiiight?

It's not like the puma has more health and better view range and speed and a turret and etc. etc. etc.

More seriously, no, they're just very limited in their use and using them for prolonged periods is hard because of all the time spent repairing and all the vet volks get (to hit your tanks more).

I still argue core infantry shouldn't be getting heavy AT but what do I know, right?

yeah you cant post unless you play 1v1s, with all factions, have high ELO, are well known, etc.
30 Apr 2015, 07:16 AM

This is the whole goddamn problem. Changing the role of your core infantry (Which should be AI and very soft AT) into a tank killing trolololo horde is the major issue with the OKW. Add 5 vet system to that and you have an Anti-Everything cheap core infantry which also has tiny popcap. That's why they don't buff Bazooka IMO, because then this would happen to USF and will worsen the problem.
I know it's not gonna happen, but give AI upgrades to Volks or give the PzB AT rifle, buff rakketen a bit more (mostly HP and green cover) and force them to utilize units like JgPzIV (which is a great unit).

These are not gonna happen though, so #Adapt.
30 Apr 2015, 08:23 AM

i always appreciate when a robust counter argument can be condensed into "lol"...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 22
Peru 13
United Kingdom 53
unknown 6
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W