Login

russian armor

Malfunctioning Cursor

25 Apr 2015, 06:19 AM

Ok, this has been a really strange issue that has been going on for a couple of months now. It is not constant either, but intermittent.

For some reason my mouse doesn't want to work correctly. It may be working fine when I start the game. But when I actually get into a match, it will do the weirdest things. I'll go to click a unit and it won't select it. Then when I move the cursor, it may start scrolling the screen, but in a reverse scroll, so I move it up, and the screen shifts down. When this happens, sometimes I'll click a unit, and it will minimize the game and switch to desktop. I'll have no choice but to alt f4 out of the game. The malfunction will continue afterwards and do other weird things until I restart my computer. Sometimes, this problem will start before I've even started the game, but that is very rare compared to the problem appearing once I'm in a match. I've tried switching usb ports. I've tried making sure that it is only in the usb 2.0 ports. I'll even close the logitech software suite too. All of these things will sometimes fix the problem, but usually won't. I am so confused. I really don't want to have to go and get another mouse but that may be the only fix.

ASUS ROG G750-jm
Logitech G502

EDIT: should've added that once it occurs, even unplugging the mouse and using the track pad doesn't work. Again, I'm very confused about this.
25 Apr 2015, 07:21 AM

That sounds weird indeet. what occurs to me is:

-try using a lower polling rate of the mouse
-try disabling selective USB-energy saving in windows energy-options
-Make a Firmware update if possible
-make a bios update (careful)
-try using a ps2 adapter if possible (wont help)
-try using a usb-hub with external power

(i have had similar issues with my ss sensei. none of these helped me, so i had to back away from using such a fancy mouse :/ )

25 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM

Once again, decided to give this a go. And as seems to be a usual occurrence now, I had it start malfunctioning. Disabling the track pad before I started the game didn't help either. I guess I'll have to pick up another mouse when I go to get a ssd tomorrow.
26 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM

It seems that uninstalling the logitech software, along with the asus gaming mouse software might have fixed it, adjusting the mouse pointer speed, and disabling the precision aide might have fixed it. Why and if there was a conflict between the logitech and asus software, I don't know. The asus software is only running if there is an asus mouse plugged in. Again, I'm really confused by all of this. I guess the mods can go ahead and delete this thread seeing as the problem is fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
Mexico 25
unknown 10
New Zealand 11
unknown 6
Peru 1
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias