Login

russian armor

Some tips needed

24 Apr 2015, 23:12 PM

Hey!

So i've got a replay of a quite quick game, where my buddy and i got owned pretty fast.

Would be cool if we could get some feedback on our miastakes.

My thoughts:
1. I might have gone t3 too fast, should have used that MP on pgrens maybe
2. got owned by mines
3. should have sent my pak(s) to my teammate earlier, cause they were idle at my side.

25 Apr 2015, 00:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

First of, for someone supossedly new to the game (rank52) you seemed to manage pretty well against these 2+ prestige guys. The skill difference was probably the biggest reason to lose but there is no shame in that, now onto the game!

You send your first two grens to fight around the road betweent he middle vp and right munition, this is not a good place to fight and especially not for grens. You did realize your mistake but if you would have sent support to your pio right away to the right you would have more mapcontrol

You generally floated ~80 before actually making the unit you want, early game timing for units is quite important as the early skirmishes set the tone for the rest of the match. Try to decide what unit you want before you have the manpower so you can spend it immediately

I think a 251 HT would have been much a better choice. all hte m3s were dead and you likely wont catch a sniper with the 221 on this map un less you're really lucky. Instead a 251 HT allows you to push and creep up your grens + mg while keeping all your units on the frontline.

Losing a MG42 is quite a devastating loss and you should try to recover or steal it back as soon as possible

As you said you definetly teched to T3 too soon. You had no fuel for any T3 units yet and with the mapcontrol at that point it didnt seem a good option. due to the call in system in COH2 you generally want to tech as Ostheer and Soviet only when you're ahead or ahead and want to force the enemy to get units they dont want. In your situation your mapcontrol was bad and your fuel at that point is better saved to call in a tiger/elefant or tech later on when you have the fuel. A pgrend have definitely helped

At 13 minutes in you sent your grens to right again from the base while you would have probably been better of getting the left under control. in 2v2 you must be very careful of not getting tunnelvision and playing seperate 1v1. Road to kharkov espeically it is important to have your native fuel and cutoff under the control. The other side is less important but ofcourse still crucial to harrass, but not with your whole army.

You then see why mg42s are so crucial not to lose if you have your grens blobbed like that. always try to spread them out espeically when you know he has an mg42 and there are mines (or demos)

I dont really get why you would get a Ostwind, you were behind and the opponent at your side had more fuel most of the time but no vehicles built. Meaning he will get call in tanks which will wreck your ostwind. in 2-3 cps. An ostwind is a good choice if you are ahead and want to punish your opponents for waiting for callins

For your teammate (as it seems you're a team) a Flak HT is a very good unit to get against soviet t1 and conscripts as it allows you to hold the line quite easily, but you want it call in aroudn the 6m inute mark, not 14 minutes in the game. the Scwere HQ was also in a weird place. Yes it covered a flank but it was relativly exposed and would have served much better around the fuel protecting somethign important
Both of you then switched to the right side, which can work but it left the mechanized truck undefended.

I, among everyone in this community, gets owned by mines. Its a matter of reducing hte chanche of that happening by getting a sweeper soon and always have it around when charhing in territories youve seen engies or that has been under enemy control for long.

Hope this helps you in your future games :)
25 Apr 2015, 00:28 AM

Hey. Thanks for a such fast respons :)

Yea, losing that HMG was really bad, but to be honest i dont even know what heppened - just got the message that mg42 was lost and then i cursed a lot, haha.

(i try not to blob, usually i just send group of infantry to a some point and then try to spread them out. I guess that mg42 kinda 'surprised' me being placed right there)

Ostwind was supposed to be my way of dealing with his infantry and stolen HMG, but i didn't really think it through when i started teching up - figured that out after the game.

Mines are getting more common as We 'climb the ladder' so i guess i need to learn using them on my own and predicting them :)

Thanks for the tips mate :)
25 Apr 2015, 15:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yep mines will be more common the higher ranked you play.
When playing against USF placing a teller with your first munitions on a spot you know he will come from will usually really help agains the m20/m15aaht rush too
25 Apr 2015, 19:41 PM

Ok I didn't want to create new topic, so i'm posting another replay in that one.

It was going pretty well at the beginning.. but then We faced insane blobs (ptrs=op crap) and turn out as loss

The question is, how to counter those blobs.
Support weapons disappears just in a second, infantry models are oneshoted basically
30 Apr 2015, 22:35 PM

Well I didn't look at your replay but to counter PTRS there's a few things:

1. Try to look for the signs. If you see nothing but conscripts fielded for the beginning of the game, he's likely to go for PTRS spam, especially if he has it in the loadout.

2. After you are certain, definitely make two HMGs that can cover each other, either by covering 2 entrances into the area you want to lock down or have one behind the other, this helps with the suppression.

3.If you have an area (e.g. VP or Fuel Point) you have to lockdown, try planting S-mine fields with your pioneers. If your opponent doesn't notice he could lose alot of men running through. Even if he notices, he still needs to sweep them, and this takes away from the munition he can use to upgrade PTRS and if you keep the area occupied, the engineers will have a hard time clearing them anyways.

4. Try to get an Ostwind! Generally players who blob PTRSes won't have much else on the board. They are also likely to be low on munitions to spam alot of AT grenades. The Ostwind's armor provides reasonable protection vs. PTRS and the flak cannon really punishes blobbed up conscripts. The soviet's stock armor choices are rather weak to AT fire so your PaK guns should be able to defend you easily vs. T-34/76s.

5. Since you are relatively new, I don't know if you ever participated in the event that gives you the Closed Air Support commander. The Anti-Infantry strafe from that doctrine really punishes infantry blobbing by pinning everything in the area.

Hopefully these tips will help :)
30 Apr 2015, 23:00 PM

Maybe my replay will help you to find out how to deal with blob ptrs.

First of all i agree with CrucciusKiro.

In my replay you can see that i tried to use green cover as much as possible. Close distance to trow grenade is not good idea because you will drop models like nothing. I tried to use two panzer 2 luchs to counter blob and i tried to keep obersoldaten behind volks. I played super defensive because i knew my teammate had trouble keep territory and i was expecting to rush me with tanks or double arms.

1 May 2015, 07:23 AM

5. Since you are relatively new, I don't know if you ever participated in the event that gives you the Closed Air Support commander. The Anti-Infantry strafe from that doctrine really punishes infantry blobbing by pinning everything in the area.

Hopefully these tips will help :)

Unfortunately i have not and i'm wondering how can i obtain this commander, cause spoils of wars are some kind of joke :P

Thanks for the tips guys! :)
1 May 2015, 07:51 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2015, 07:23 AMroarr

Unfortunately i have not and i'm wondering how can i obtain this commander, cause spoils of wars are some kind of joke :P

Thanks for the tips guys! :)

It is only through the MWNL event or if you're lucky enough with War Spoils. I have had one drop through War Spoils so just keep praying~
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak