Login

russian armor

m36-Jackson is over performing

PAGES (7)down
26 Apr 2015, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 08:18 AMBurts
The USF at gun is fine. 70 range with vet 1, sights for itself, best rate of fire in the game, low pen but with AP rounds has almost the same pen as zis-3.

Bazookas do not need a buff. If zooks got better then we would have the same horrible bloberino we see with volks.

They just need to be 45 munis

The USF ATG is a joke.

Three guns covering the same road can barely scratch a Panther pushing through even with the specialized rounds being used.

I'll pay more if it means getting an ATG that isn't made of ass.
26 Apr 2015, 17:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 17:43 PMacosn

The USF ATG is a joke.

Three guns covering the same road can barely scratch a Panther pushing through even with the specialized rounds being used.

I'll pay more if it means getting an ATG that isn't made of ass.

ZiS-3s probably wouldn't either though.

Another small problem I have with the 57mm is its second level of vet giving it more accuracy instead of reload. Accuracy definitely isn't quite as helpful against tanks since missed shots can still scatter into the tanks.
26 Apr 2015, 18:11 PM

This is gardening gold! How about Volks with Shreks? Jackson do sheep to infantry. Volks squad will just sit in front of it shooting shrecks left and right. If he goes for crash, then you hit him with raketen and other stuff from the second line.

If your sprinting your Jacksons in the range of shreks and racktens then your an idiot. A good player will always keep his Jacksons behind his infantry horde and supported by Scotts and HE Shermans.

OKW has no infantry based counter to the Jackson due to it's mobility and 60 range, the best counter you have as OKW is the JPIV and Panther.

Alternatively as I said earlier if your USF enemy is being a cheeky bugger and blobbing like crazy get a Sturmtiger and make him weep because his Jacksons can't handle a 1280 health unit.
26 Apr 2015, 23:03 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, USF should have had the 3" AT gun, with 57mm being reserved for paratrooper doctrine. It would have performance more similar to Zis-3 and Pak40.

The other thing would be that IMO HVAP ammunition should be a global upgrade, not a vet ability. Like the T4 building or something would have "HVAP requesition" upgrade, which unlocks HVAP ability on all relevant vehicles and guns. It still costs munitions to use, but you would at least have late-game access to this ability on your fresh units.

26 Apr 2015, 23:24 PM
Patrion 14

If your sprinting your Jacksons in the range of shreks and racktens then your an idiot. A good player will always keep his Jacksons behind his infantry horde and supported by Scotts and HE Shermans.

and a good player will always find a way to get raketen or shreck into range. a good player will never let jackson attack his own tank without making it, the jackson, expose itself. a good player will never lose a jagdpanzer... blah blah blah.
27 Apr 2015, 00:17 AM

Permanently Banned
57mm at gun maybe needs ability cost reduction. But its only 270 manpower and has higher fire rate, great abilities and arc. Its mostly fine.

Bazooka IMO damage should be increased to 100 the penetration and cost is mostly fine.

A suggestiion that may not be needed would be to make bazookas free with teching to major, while keping the upgrade around for if you need them earlier. OR include bazooka rack upgrade with BAR or grenade upgrade.

Lieutenant into 4:50 minute m20 is quite bullshit though, but mostly cuz ost pays an arm and leg to tech up. Jackson AP round ability kind outrageous but not a huge deal.
27 Apr 2015, 00:35 AM

57mm at gun maybe needs ability cost reduction. But its only 270 manpower and has higher fire rate, great abilities and arc. Its mostly fine.

Bazooka IMO damage should be increased to 100 the penetration and cost is mostly fine.

A suggestiion that may not be needed would be to make bazookas free with teching to major, while keping the upgrade around for if you need them earlier. OR include bazooka rack upgrade with BAR or grenade upgrade.

Lieutenant into 4:50 minute m20 is quite bullshit though, but mostly cuz ost pays an arm and leg to tech up. Jackson AP round ability kind outrageous but not a huge deal.

The problem with the bazooka -at least for me- is not the research price or the munition price. As I have stated in my previous comment, the trade of is terrible. You lose a lot of DPS (2 Garands) and you lose BAR slot. That will cripple you in terms of AI capabilities. And before some people start saying L2P YOU CAN WIN LIKE DIS WITH DAT etc, again it's about the trade off, it's easier to win with BARs and Jacksons, so give me a reason (i.e buff bazooka's stats not the price) so I will be willing to lose AI DPS.
27 Apr 2015, 00:38 AM

@OP I also lol'd.

The lightest armored TD in the game, with terrible pathfinding, minimal snares in the army, no other meaningful late game AT, literally zero use vs. inf, and it needs a nerf? Is this what we have come to?

Also seriously, mods can you ban Alex? This thread is a perfect example of a larger issue. He is not contributing to the discussion in any meaningful way but the topic has largely been consumed by trying to answer ridiculous hypothetical scenarios.
27 Apr 2015, 00:45 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2015, 00:35 AMRMMLz

The problem with the bazooka -at least for me- is not the research price or the munition price. As I have stated in my previous comment, the trade of is terrible. You lose a lot of DPS (2 Garands) and you lose BAR slot. That will cripple you in terms of AI capabilities. And before some people start saying L2P YOU CAN WIN LIKE DIS WITH DAT etc, again it's about the trade off, it's easier to win with BARs and Jacksons, so give me a reason (i.e buff bazooka's stats not the price) so I will be willing to lose AI DPS.

I mean bazookas are usually best on rear ech, just cuz they are cheap as chips, bazooka will get them to vet 2 quicker so 5th man and better repairs. I mean you can put them on riflemen and go like 1 bar 1 bazooka. Expensive but turns rifles into really well rounded troops that don't excel super well at anything but are a decently durable soft threat to anything almost. I mean rifles with bazookas are fairly durable have an engine snare and have smoke/nades. But I get what you're coming from they are expensive and still require other units to help them because they won't perform exceedingly well vs elite infantry or late game tanks..

Thats why its still best to go rear ech bazookas and ai on your riflemen.

Think of it that way.
27 Apr 2015, 00:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I mean bazookas are usually best on rear ech, just cuz they are cheap as chips, bazooka will get them to vet 2 quicker so 5th man and better repairs. I mean you can put them on riflemen and go like 1 bar 1 bazooka. Expensive but turns rifles into really well rounded troops that don't excel super well at anything but are a decently durable soft threat to anything almost. I mean rifles with bazookas are fairly durable have an engine snare and have smoke/nades. But I get what you're coming from they are expensive and still require other units to help them because they won't perform exceedingly well vs elite infantry or late game tanks..

Think of it that way.

Agreed with that. Zookas don't really have much of an AI tradeoff when the platform is REs who only technically do AI damage anyway.
27 Apr 2015, 01:26 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Can someone please fix the spelling of this stupid thread?

Thanks.

Heil Grammar
27 Apr 2015, 01:49 AM

If I was designing bazookas, I would have treated them more as a multi-role tool rather than just a shitty AT weapon. WP smoke rounds or something for anti-garrison duties at a cost of munitions. Clearing bunkers and stuff is legitimately something a bazooka might be used for.

Do we know if there were any regular HE shells in WWII for the zook?
27 Apr 2015, 02:24 AM
Patrion 14

Can someone please fix the spelling of this stupid thread?

Thanks.

Heil Grammar

done
27 Apr 2015, 03:59 AM

@OP I also lol'd.

Also seriously, mods can you ban Alex? This thread is a perfect example of a larger issue. He is not contributing to the discussion in any meaningful way but the topic has largely been consumed by trying to answer ridiculous hypothetical scenarios.

How am I not contributing when literally 60% of the posts in this thread are just "lol". Also lol at this post.
27 Apr 2015, 05:03 AM

Think of it that way.

On RETs, yea, you're right that's not bad. At least you won't bleed MP since they are cheap.
27 Apr 2015, 11:29 AM

I think the Jacksons alright. It's useful now for USF. The only problem is the early game vs Ostheer imo. Too extreme
27 Apr 2015, 13:01 PM

I'm glad to see the usual suspects adding nothing to the thread.

You are everyone elses definition of those usual suspects.

also lol at this thread
27 Apr 2015, 13:06 PM

Jackson is ok now. Let's not exagerate things.
27 Apr 2015, 13:08 PM

Zooks 125MP 15 Fuel 60 Muni per Zook for an AI nerf. Sure you can put them on REs and see how long REs stay on the field before being pushed off due to focus fire with almost 0 AT Damage.

Dont know about you all but I dont have 120Muni just floating around doing nothing as the USF when I play. If I spend that kind of muni I expect something for it.

They want to keep them weak and meant for REs FINE! No upgrade cost and 45 or less muni.

The 57MM on the other hand is good for what you pay for. And the Jackson is fine put the pipe down sir.
27 Apr 2015, 17:18 PM

OKW has no infantry based counter to the Jackson due to it's mobility and 60 range, the best counter you have as OKW is the JPIV and Panther.

Alternatively as I said earlier if your USF enemy is being a cheeky bugger and blobbing like crazy get a Sturmtiger and make him weep because his Jacksons can't handle a 1280 health unit.

You are talking about utilization of the unit.
It's up to you to get your Shreks at a flank or behind so they can get the Jackson. Also your statement that OKW doesn't have infantry based counter to Jackson remains false as Volks serve this purpose. Being able to create an opportunity for your Volks to engage Jackson is a different story but it is not balance related one.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS