Login

russian armor

m36-Jackson is over performing

PAGES (7)down
24 Apr 2015, 18:37 PM

350mp and 125 fuel all for a unit that can two shot StuG's and four shot panthers at 60 range, can run into fausts/teller mines and simply pop out the crew for insta repairs. Not to mention the turret and great moving accuracy that makes trying to counter with PIV's almost impossible (unlike how you can against an SU-85).

The base damage should be nerfed to 180 with the HVAP damage bonus being removed imo, either that or this thing needs a hefty price increase to Panther levels when you consider how hard it can currently counter the KT/Tiger 1 and blast away all mediums with ease.

m1919 and Jackson spam is currently the unholy combo that was for some reason made more effective while obers and OKW armour in general were nerfed into the ground. Where is the consistency relic?
24 Apr 2015, 18:48 PM

24 Apr 2015, 18:51 PM

Lol

^ This.
24 Apr 2015, 18:52 PM

No more A-Move vehicles in front of Jackson?
Paks, Schrecks, Raketen, Jadgpanzer, CAS... Many things to counter Jackson.
It's hard to counter pure tank destroyer with tank.
24 Apr 2015, 18:54 PM

I'm glad to see the usual suspects adding nothing to the thread.

On topic: The issue with the Jackson is that OKW doesn't have an infantry based counter to it since the Rackten only has 50 range. When making armor pushes you HAVE to have JPIV support or else his Jacksons will just kite you all day.

Ostheer is a little better off, but I think 180 damage would be reasonable.

Or just give it 160 and make USF's other AT options not garbage.

Paks, Schrecks, Raketen, Jadgpanzer, CAS... Many things to counter Jackson.

The Scott is in the exact same tier as the Jackson and make Shrek squads very hard to use due to the insanely good squad wipe potential of the Scott.

Also lol seriously suggesting CAS doctrine should be used as a reliable counter when all you need to do is move out of the way of the strafe.
24 Apr 2015, 19:06 PM
Donator 22

No it is finally a usable tank with some penetration, but still paper armour.
24 Apr 2015, 19:09 PM

lol
24 Apr 2015, 19:14 PM

Yea, try to move out on for example Rails and Metal if you have Jackson close to the edge. Not gonna happen unless you move out just when the first flare lands.
24 Apr 2015, 19:17 PM

Yea, try to move out on for example Rails and Metal if you have Jackson close to the edge. Not gonna happen unless you move out just when the first flare lands.

Alternatively don't have your Jacksons sitting in one place all perfectly in a line for the Ost player to target.

The Jackson isn't a big issue for Ostheer, but OKW really doesn't have any good for sure counters to it outside of the JPIV (or if your being silly the Jadgtiger).

It would be nice if the Jackson was made more reasonable, and USF had not shit AT outside of it.
24 Apr 2015, 19:19 PM
Patrion 28

the jackson is perfectly fine with regard to the things you mentioned.

it hard counters the stug because it's fills roughly the same role as the stug except it's a more expensive and does it better.

the panther is better than it. sure it can 4 shot it but the V can 3 shot it in return and is more likely to do so.

the jackson get's badly fucked over by the ever present pathing issues as well.

it will only counter heavies in a situation where the heavy is improperly supported or the jackson player is much better. it can certainly threaten a single heavy by it self but it is very easy to mitigate the threat of a single jackson.

okw does indeed lack standoff capabilities against the jackson with its AT gun they have schrecks which are very strong against the jackson and through good unit micro can easily minimize the 10 range difference between the raketen and the jackson.
24 Apr 2015, 19:25 PM

it hard counters the stug because it's fills roughly the same role as the stug except it's a more expensive and does it better.

The Jackson isn't an Assault Gun.
24 Apr 2015, 19:28 PM

If you can get Relic to redesign USF, then you can change the Jackson.

The Jackson is USF's one in two entire AT options for the faction, and the only one that can do something to a heavy tank.
24 Apr 2015, 19:31 PM

Funny that last patch I was telling everyone that the Jackson was an amazing tank. Everyone said it was too squishy.

Now, with absolutely zero changes to its survivability, and a nerf against medium armor, with a slight buff against heavy armor everyone is saying how good the Jackson is...

Seems legit.

I guess kind of like five months ago when I was telling everyone how OP the is2 was and everyone was telling me I was stupid and that the tiger was way stronger. Yeah, we see how that turned out.

On topic: the Jackson is fine and balanced for the most part. Maybe like a 5 fuel increase or a slight nerf to hvap to make it not 240 damage per shot.
24 Apr 2015, 19:35 PM
Patrion 28

The Jackson isn't an Assault Gun.

no, but the stug is an assault gun in name only. it has no AoE, snipes infantry models every half dozen shots, and generally preforms as a cheap, long ranged AT gun.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:31 PMCieZ
Funny that last patch I was telling everyone that the Jackson was an amazing tank. Everyone said it was too squishy.

Now, with absolutely zero changes to its survivability, and a nerf against medium armor, with a slight buff against heavy armor everyone is saying how good the Jackson is...

Seems legit.

no; you are not allowed to be right :snfBarton: (just to be clear, i'm being sarcastic.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:31 PMCieZ

On topic: the Jackson is fine and balanced for the most part. Maybe like a 5 fuel increase or a slight nerf to hvap to make it not 240 damage per shot.

honestly, i feel like the hvap shot damage is an oversight. i don't expect it to change though.
24 Apr 2015, 19:41 PM

Jackson is fine, there is many other vehicules that should be repaired
24 Apr 2015, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 18:37 PMRollo
350mp and 125 fuel all for a unit that can two shot StuG's and four shot panthers at 60 range, can run into fausts/teller mines and simply pop out the crew for insta repairs. Not to mention the turret and great moving accuracy that makes trying to counter with PIV's almost impossible (unlike how you can against an SU-85).

The base damage should be nerfed to 180 with the HVAP damage bonus being removed imo, either that or this thing needs a hefty price increase to Panther levels when you consider how hard it can currently counter the KT/Tiger 1 and blast away all mediums with ease.

m1919 and Jackson spam is currently the unholy combo that was for some reason made more effective while obers and OKW armour in general were nerfed into the ground. Where is the consistency relic?

Relic => bunch of noobs what did you expect from them.
24 Apr 2015, 20:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

JP4 hard counters the jackson and american T4 unless you drive it in backwards or let the jackson behind you when you have a shrek blob and raketens supporting.

Im going to add a 4th "lol" to this thread.
24 Apr 2015, 20:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

On topic: The issue with the Jackson is that OKW doesn't have an infantry based counter to it since the Rackten only has 50 range. When making armor pushes you HAVE to have JPIV support or else his Jacksons will just kite you all day.

Because Volks aren't infantry and don't counter Jacksons?
24 Apr 2015, 20:22 PM

wasn't it listed as getting a damage reduction but didn't actually get it or something?
Personally I don't think its over performing it is essentially a glass cannon.
24 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd definitely agree with reducing AP shells' damage to base damage. It puts a bit of a crimp into how it should be countering mediums a lot less than before.
wasn't it listed as getting a damage reduction but didn't actually get it or something?
Personally I don't think its over performing it is essentially a glass cannon.

Main gun damage got reduced by 40, vet ability's AP shells however did not get touched.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS