Login

russian armor

Relic, you gonna fix 120mm, or not?

PAGES (18)down
25 Apr 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 17:49 PMAladdin

I don't need it to prove it to u mate, hence I won't bother posting the replay. plus everyone know that. But I have the replays and if more people doubt I can and will post the video/replay

Since you can't prove your claim or are not willig to, plz refrain to post on this thread. Thx.
25 Apr 2015, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 10:10 AMNeo

So you have a unit which is doctrinal in 2 Soviet doctrines that can be countered by a unit in 2 Ostheer doctrines. The problem is... what?

It's doctrinal to 3 Soviet doctrines, 2 of which are good, and only 1 of said Ost docs is good.

The MHT still is only a soft counter, whether you drive his 120's off or your flame barrages keep missing is up to RNG.
25 Apr 2015, 18:42 PM

Permanently Banned

We can indeed :)

Ban...ban ban ..... ban...ban..ban

Sorry! :( My G key is malfunctioning...:blush:

Veni, Vidi, Ban :nahnah:.
25 Apr 2015, 20:35 PM

Since you can't prove your claim or are not willig to, plz refrain to post on this thread. Thx.

lol! I was waiting for u to tell me that! :)
25 Apr 2015, 21:24 PM

Another uncounterable sovishit cheese.PTRS blobs,iwin is-2,iwipe 120mm...relic has destroyed all the fun in the game with their blatant support for soviet lameness.Its not worth it anymore,coz u know OKW will get fixed in a single patch..ostheer won't in a dozen patches..and sovishit cheese will go on and on..took them 2 yrs to fix just sniper cheese....useless.
Dreaming about those old days, when hmg42 spam was a win strat, Panther was better than tiger and Stuka runs, huh?
25 Apr 2015, 21:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Veni, Vidi, Ban :nahnah:.

Good Grief! :faint: You understand Latin? Why then, do you not understand basic English? :P

Confused..:unsure:
25 Apr 2015, 21:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Last cleansing.

@ Staff: if you have to come back here to sort out more fights, then please by all means, lock the thread.

Back to topic

25 Apr 2015, 22:11 PM

Its interesting idea about supression.

We had "infantry reactions" before which was kinda like suppression, I don't know why they removed infantry reactions on the move. It's better than mortars having suppression IMO. Look at Pack howi and LeIG, sometimes they insta-pin 2 squads with a lucky shot. Enabling infantry reactions again would be enough IMO.

PS: In case some people can't remember infantry reactions: Infantry used to stop moving and went prone for like one second after an explosion. This would also help fragile units like Jacksons to slow down infantry.
25 Apr 2015, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 22:11 PMRMMLz

We had "infantry reactions" before which was kinda like suppression, I don't know why they removed infantry reactions on the move. It's better than mortars having suppression IMO. Look at Pack howi and LeIG, sometimes they insta-pin 2 squads with a lucky shot. Enabling infantry reactions again would be enough IMO.

PS: In case some people can't remember infantry reactions: Infantry used to stop moving and went prone for like one second after an explosion. This would also help fragile units like Jacksons to slow down infantry.

They reacted to stuff like pshrecks, making pshrecks even more effective AI.
Same for AT gun shots.

Basically if everything bigger then rifle bullet landed near a squad, they would shit themselves and hit the ground.
25 Apr 2015, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 22:17 PMKatitof

Same for AT gun shots.

Basically if everything bigger then rifle bullet landed near a squad, they would shit themselves and hit the ground.

You can have infantry reactions, just tone them to a certain AoE so you don't get shreks and zooks making squads hit the dirt.

Large artillery and tanks absolutely should.
25 Apr 2015, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 02:02 AMJadame!

And you will do 0 damage with this combo coz every sane player will start to move his forces same second he hear stuka whistle. On the other hand, all you need to do with 120 is to place it in good location and forget about it. Kills and squad wipes pretty much guaranteed.

I am totally ok with harm when it need skill, but when its rng bs form static weapon... well, i hate losing to RNG.

A: There are units slow enough that they simply wont be able to move in time.

B: Who's to say the units can move? Stuka Dive bomb has been a hard counter for any static unit since the game came out.

C: Yes, lets call an OMA that can force your opponent to move his entire army balanced.

Wehraboos will defend anything.
25 Apr 2015, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 22:17 PMKatitof

Same for AT gun shots.

Well that sound like Relic, removing a mechanic instead of balancing it. If it was up to me, I would add this heavier units which don't have AI capabilities to be able to buy a few seconds to run. Units like Jacksons, SU85, JagdPanzerIV or even ATGs and of course mortars. But not units with good AI capabilities like Tiger, KT, Sherman etc.
25 Apr 2015, 22:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That moment where PTRS were "good". Not because they did damage, rather than making your units dance :banana:
25 Apr 2015, 22:53 PM

I would like to see the 120mm AoE/damage reduced and supression added like the Pack howi
25 Apr 2015, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 22:30 PMacosn

A: There are units slow enough that they simply wont be able to move in time.

B: Who's to say the units can move? Stuka Dive bomb has been a hard counter for any static unit since the game came out.

C: Yes, lets call an OMA that can force your opponent to move his entire army balanced.

Wehraboos will defend anything.

Lol? LOL!

Are you sane to compare 400mp unit AUTO ATTACKS to 160muni AIR STRIKES?

Do not answer, it is ironical question.
26 Apr 2015, 15:07 PM

I'd like to see 120mm rng squad wipe swapped for more reliable damage with bigger AoE if needed and suppression like with ISG.
26 Apr 2015, 15:14 PM

I hate to play against 120mm (too much squad wipes) as well as use it (not enough squad wipes - always misses).

They have tried to reduce squad wiping potential and give some consistensy in exchange but that wasn't enough.

First of all Precision strike should be removed from 120mm (keep it on small mortar though).

Second - AoE near as well as mid should be tuned down even more in exchange for suppression, just like they did it on pack howie and ISG.
26 Apr 2015, 15:23 PM

I'm not really seeing the problem. I made 2 120 mortars the last game I played on Lienne Forest. They were able to fire between the left city and middle VPs, and only did ~240% efficiency worth of damage against two guys blobbing panzerfusiliers and grenadiers

PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment