Login

russian armor

Demos for axis

25 Apr 2015, 13:45 PM

I hate blobs too. People aren't complaining that it destroys blobs. It's that it can auto-delete single units too and with great ease. Two clicks.

90 muni is quite expensive but it's a cheap exchange for 250-400 manpower + upgrade (shrek/lmg).

If it was only destroying blobs, I wouldn't mind it so much. But it removes units one by one all through the game. The only way to avoid it is to lead every attack with a minesweeper, to harass every point with a minesweeper. To do that you have to wait for them to get to the field. So you lose territory which means more munis for more demos.

If both sides had demo, the game would become less dynamic with people waiting for sweepers so they can make attacks. If neither side had them the game would be much better.

There are several threads on this with some very high level players calling for its removal and no high level players saying "it's fine". I just wish the less experienced players with a lower understanding of CoH2 and RTS would look to what the top players are saying instead of defending it on the basis of "it makes me feel good when I blow up squads with demo, therefore it's good". or "Axis has OP-Soldaten so we need demos"

Ah...the old "you're not good enough to weigh in with an opinion" gambit. :)

True, I am certainly not a pro, but this community is made up of good and bad players, and I would venture to say that the percentage of "pros" is quite low. I imagine it's quite fun to play at that level of skill, but for those of us that work, have families, etc...and can't devote as much time to practice, it's very discouraging to be faced with a game that has been tweaked and balanced for the "pros".

Even more discouraging when, all things considered, Axis is more powerful in large team games, and demos are one advantage the Allies get. Please note, I'm talking about large team games. Yes, yes, I know...."play 1v1", "only noobs play team games", "get an arranged team"... bottom line, I really don't think that demos as they are, are unfair. Lots of stuff that the Axis can do, against "non-pro" players can be seen as "unfair". However, for the sake of argument (because nothing is likely to change anyway), why not create a package of baseline units for all factions ? I think it's ridiculous that USF doesn't get snipers, mines, mortars, or MGs (non-doctrinal). I won't pretend to know what's involved in balancing a game this complex, but when faced with the multitude of issues that people bring forward on these forums, Allied demos seems like a pretty trivial one. As someone has already said, they don't get deployed that often anyway...
25 Apr 2015, 14:18 PM

Honestly? I'd just like to be able to sweep them safely, especially on sittard, the fact you can detect them and then just get blown up is stupid.
25 Apr 2015, 14:23 PM

Honestly? I'd just like to be able to sweep them safely, especially on sittard, the fact you can detect them and then just get blown up is stupid.

Protip : you can easily shoot them now, last patch they lowered the armor of the democharge so shooting at a detected demo destroys it very fast.
25 Apr 2015, 14:26 PM
Donator 33

I think demos should only be useable on buildings, bunkers, bridges etc.

I also like some of the ideas mentioned in this thread. For example, demos requiring sight to be detonated.

It would also be nice to have an equivalent to demo charges as Axis.
25 Apr 2015, 14:39 PM

Add a Goliath call it a day.

^^ This
25 Apr 2015, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 14:23 PMBurts

Protip : you can easily shoot them now, last patch they lowered the armor of the democharge so shooting at a detected demo destroys it very fast.

That's not what me meant, at least I think so. It's stupid that you are "forced to blow it up" to disable it. What if you want to keep the bridge/building intact?
25 Apr 2015, 15:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 06:10 AMJohnnyB
Golliaths would be nice, but I don't think they are that necessary. Even more nice to have in the game it would be this:

...Relic, when?

Good question :) - both existed in vCoH, as you know.
25 Apr 2015, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 14:45 PMRMMLz

That's not what me meant, at least I think so. It's stupid that you are "forced to blow it up" to disable it. What if you want to keep the bridge/building intact?

Repair the bridge.

And like I said before, most wipes caused by demos have source in lack of enough micro.
Taking point auto in the middle of the point; going straight into obvious demos placement becase jumping through fences is too much micro; same like capping et the edge on the circle. Just 3 micro issue to improve and demos will almost never wipe your squad. Add sweepers to this and you will be safe 9/10 times.
25 Apr 2015, 16:18 PM

Good question :) - both existed in vCoH, as you know.

and it was completely useless in vCOH....
25 Apr 2015, 17:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

and it was completely useless in vCOH....

You played vCoh? ...Just wonderin'...:)
25 Apr 2015, 18:40 PM

Repair the bridge.

And like I said before, most wipes caused by demos have source in lack of enough micro.
Taking point auto in the middle of the point; going straight into obvious demos placement becase jumping through fences is too much micro; same like capping et the edge on the circle. Just 3 micro issue to improve and demos will almost never wipe your squad. Add sweepers to this and you will be safe 9/10 times.

The OKW sweeper has very short range, most of the time you won't detect it till your Sturms are almost on top of it then they get sent into low orbit.

Demo charges simply offer to much reward for to little effort, and Soviets do really need to spend muni on anything so your able to spam them like nuts. Soviets have more than enough blob counters outside demo charges, if anything USF has far more justification for having them.

But as said before either take them out of the game or offer them to all factions.
25 Apr 2015, 21:42 PM

Repair the bridge.

First of all. DUH, repair the bridge, I've never thought about that. It's not like that I want the element of surprise, I'm gonna go ahead and make a big ass explosion, wait until I repair it and my enemy won't notice that. Sorry for being kinda sarcastic about it, but "Demos should be sweepable".

Your next point is valid and I totally agree with you on that one.capping is a lot faster and safer if you intelligently queue capture orders over fences and when in doubt, capture manually by just standing in the capzone (specially behind cover since some TPs have yellow/green cover) instead of just issuing an order on minimap.

But again, my main problem is that Demos are more punishing for non-blobbing players. It's not only about capturing territory. I myself use this and god knows it feels good when you blow your enemy's squad up to hell when they think that taking cover behind that sandbag is a good idea. Sometimes it's good to use your first 90 muni on a building or green cover in the enemy territory and just wait for them to enter the building.
26 Apr 2015, 00:18 AM

You played vCoh? ...Just wonderin'...:)

yep I did admittedly only 3v3/4v4 but yes I did. As far as I remember in BTB(big team battle thats what Im going to call 3v3/4v4 for now on) it was an arty magnet or worse the enemy team would simply snipe the 3 man crew and leave it open to capture often requiring you to scuttle it. never was much of a 1v1 or 2v2 player, but I never saw competent players build or even go defensive doctrine at all since it was arguably whermacts weakest doctrine especially in 1v1/2v2(i need a neat acronym for these two)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★