Login

russian armor

American Base howitzer

25 Apr 2015, 12:09 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Major artillery and pin point should never be used in the same sentence. It's slow firing and inaccurate. Even if the target doesn't move before it starts landing(which there is plenty of time to do even for weapon teams) there is a good chance it will miss it's target entirely. Vet 2 adds two shells but your opponent has to be pretty bad to stay in the same place for even the initial 3 since there is a larger then normal time inbetween the shells landing . It's almost always a waste of munitions.

With veterancy it's perfectly fine to use on tier buildings and Pak43. That's really all you need to know on the major. As for mobile ranged units. USF has the best one in the game with the M8A1 vehicle. It's mobile, can smoke, can phosporous. I really don't think giving USF heavy arty, insane infantry, insane long range tanks, and AoE shell Jackson's is a good idea (Especially with talk of a pershing on the Horizon). OKW doesn't even have artillery and the axis artillery isn't that strong.
25 Apr 2015, 12:18 PM

With veterancy it's perfectly fine to use on tier buildings and Pak43. That's really all you need to know on the major. As for mobile ranged units. USF has the best one in the game with the M8A1 vehicle. It's mobile, can smoke, can phosporous. I really don't think giving USF heavy arty, insane infantry, insane long range tanks, and AoE shell Jackson's is a good idea (Especially with talk of a pershing on the Horizon). OKW doesn't even have artillery and the axis artillery isn't that strong.
M8 doesn't have phosphorus. And like I said earlier M8s role is very different then a actual arty unit, it relies on attrition.

I don't want the US to get a nodoc heavy artillery unit, and I don't agree with OP's idea, I just know why he preposed it. I just want the alternatives to actual make up for it. The pack howitzers barrage needs to be buffed so it can actually punish defensive play, even if that means nerfing or completely removing it's autofire, because having two units covering the same exact role is terrible especially when one does it much better then the other. Major artillery could also use a some changes so it can actually hit things that aren't completely immobile.
25 Apr 2015, 12:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That's only true in 1v1. Their usefulness drops off alarmingly fast as game size goes up.

"Play Airborne or GTFO; you are allowed Infantry on Sittard but that's it"

More than 1 US in 4v4 means you had better win quick
25 Apr 2015, 12:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

More than 1 US in anything but 1v1 means you had better win quick
25 Apr 2015, 13:14 PM

Don't worry, Pershing will save us for big team games :snfPeter:
25 Apr 2015, 17:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Used twice a vet3 major artillery against a pak43. Only 1 shell hit the pak. Never again i'm gonna bother with it, unless we are talking about disuading a push or i don't care about the scatter.

---------------------------

When people used the stupid "let's add 50% fuel cost to discuss unit performance", at least use the correct numbers.
It's been showed that it's not 66%, and more around 70-72%.
25 Apr 2015, 18:49 PM

Come on dude... Are you spamming rifle nades everytime after cooldown? "One" devastating nade per retreat and heal is good trade and for 10ammo.

T3 (4, depends if you count T0 or T1) for 120 fuel? T1 and T2 for 60 fuel? Dude... Srsly? Dude, what's wrong with you? I guess I should stop here... That's the point! Lower income would be noticaeble with normal prices like 60-60-120 but you have 40-40-80 so it's already adjusted for income. How you cannot see this... :facepalm:

If Panther costs 265 fuel, and teching is not cheap how it can be deployed earlier than Ostheer?

2 T34s, 2 ZiSes, 1 Mortar and you already have 25fuel. But if you use scavenge doctrine...

If you adjust the prices of the tier trucks for the fuel penalty 60-60-120 is what you get. Yes the factions teching is about on par with other factions except Ostheer.

Why does the Panther come earlier than the Ost Panther? Because the Ost player is paying a LOT of teching costs to get that Panther while your first tier is free and you go right from your first tier to your Panther tier.

and if your enemy has lost two 2 T34's, 2 ZiS guns, and 1 mortar then they are probably insanely bad and your going to win "free' Luchs or not. Do you also not capture weapons as OKW? Because captured ZiS guns and captured mortars are extremely good.

More than 1 US in 4v4 means you had better win quick

I guess Priests don't exist. USF late game is fine in team games. Your shoe horned into doctrines just as hard as everyone is.

It's been showed that it's not 66%, and more around 70-72%.

Were from?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS