Login

russian armor

Opinion Poll: Least Useful Unit

Who wins the glorious wooden spoon of failure at everything it ever tired to attempt award?
Option Distribution Votes
31%
6%
31%
4%
13%
6%
6%
2%
Total votes: 113
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
19 Apr 2015, 13:21 PM

Honourable Mentions to the previous incarnation of the American Mortar HT, the long standing states of the Pack Howitzer and LeiG, Flack Emplacements, soviet light AT mines & tank traps.

We're talking about the units here, so no whining about the cost of Ost T4 being prohibitive (we know).

Anything you reckon has been missed from the glorious list of irrelevance?
19 Apr 2015, 13:26 PM
Donator 11

Well, since you don't mention the Sturmtiger, nor the incarnation of crappyness aka PWerfer, i'd vote for the SU76.

19 Apr 2015, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 13:26 PMkamk
Well, since you don't mention the Sturmtiger, nor the incarnation of crappyness aka PWerfer, i'd vote for the SU76.

Sturmtiger actually does scary things if very situationally, ergo is auto excluded. Werfer, again, actually kinda hurts if you volley it from close range, but the cost restriction of T4 and necessity of panthers means it rarely ever sees use. If it were in T3 or T4 was a better option I'm sure it'd see more use. Not huge amounts, but some.

A well played sturm + jagdpanzer IV on a map like crossing on the woods is actually really good, for example. Are there more cost effective builds? Probably. Still really hurts, though.
19 Apr 2015, 13:32 PM

These units are not that bad. They are just not used a lot because there are better options....
19 Apr 2015, 13:32 PM

So funny that OKW haven't any crappy shit.
19 Apr 2015, 13:34 PM

These units are not that bad. They are just not used a lot because there are better options....

'They're not bad, just everything else is better'

Odd metric to use.
19 Apr 2015, 13:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

LEFH and the 2cm flak emplacement are worse than all of the above imo, and some of the units on your list aren't even that bad- osttruppen and REs for example. Worst on the list would be PPSH Partisans. 45mm AT gun is marginally useful vs mech-HQ units, irregs get a nice grenade, Dodge can still bully OKW units early on.
19 Apr 2015, 13:39 PM

Hardest choice ever, I can't think of any of these soviet units being even less useful then another one, they are equally horrible to me.

With partisans you should have specified that its AI partisans and osttrupen aren't really that bad, they start off weak, but at vet3 easily pull their weight.
19 Apr 2015, 13:43 PM

It's insulting that Ostruppen should be mentioned here. They're by far better than Conscripts at late game and when they capture a team weapon, they upgrade from Ostruppen to people.
19 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM

I really don't know why LeiG and PWerfer aren't there, but still I lost at glorious wooden spoon of failure
19 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM

It's insulting that Ostruppen should be mentioned here. They're by far better than Conscripts at late game and when they capture a team weapon, they upgrade from Ostruppen to people.

Very true. But I felt I had to try include everyone, and the usual suspects in Ost T4 I actually like. They're just, you know. In T4.

Though maybe I'll swap PrOPstruppen out for the Ost field howitzer.

Including buildables means I can have something for OKW in the 2cm flack too.
19 Apr 2015, 14:00 PM

Very true. But I felt I had to try include everyone, and the usual suspects in Ost T4 I actually like. They're just, you know. In T4.

Though maybe I'll swap PrOPstruppen out for the Ost field howitzer.

Including buildables means I can have something for OKW in the 2cm flack too.

LeFH has room for improvement just like the ML-20 but it is beast mode in Counterbattery mode.

SU-76 is also nowhere near on the same level of awfulness as Irregulars or Partisans.
19 Apr 2015, 14:34 PM

Biased poll.

[x] Panzerwerfer
19 Apr 2015, 14:40 PM

Don't know, my vote goes on the 45mm AT gun, but there are other units who could also win the vote. I do not think that Rear Echelons belong into this list.
19 Apr 2015, 14:52 PM

Obersoldatens aren't on this poll so I abstained from voting. Before the patch, I always built at least 1 Obersoldaten since they were good anti-infantry but now I never build them since their DPS has been gutted immensely. Panzer Fusiliers are better anti-infantry than Obersoldatens and they cost 120MP less and has less reinforcement cost.
19 Apr 2015, 15:03 PM

Obersoldatens aren't on this poll so I abstained from voting.

Because its not another troll poll made by another butthurt axis fanboy.
But feel free to start one.
19 Apr 2015, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 14:34 PMButcher
Biased poll.

[x] Panzerwerfer

Panzerwerfer is not so bad, it can destroy blobs, mortars, defensive area. It just not as deadly as wurfrahmen 40
19 Apr 2015, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 15:03 PMKatitof

Because its not another troll poll made by another butthurt axis fanboy.
But feel free to start one.

No, this is a "troll poll"(Whatever that means) but it's made by an Allied fanboy instead of an Axis one. Why is every unit in the poll an Allied unit? Apparently you and the TC think there are no deadweight units on the Axis side, despite the overwhelming evidence stating otherwise.

19 Apr 2015, 15:18 PM

No, this is a "troll poll"(Whatever that means) but it's made by an Allied fanboy instead of an Axis one. Why is every unit in the poll an Allied unit? Apparently you and the TC think there are no deadweight units on the Axis side, despite the overwhelming evidence stating otherwise.

I'll tell you again, now sit tight and focus:

The poll is about least useful units, not the one you are most butthurt about after they got balanced.
19 Apr 2015, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 15:18 PMKatitof

I'll tell you again, now sit tight and focus:

The poll is about least useful units, not the one you are most butthurt about after they got balanced.
Which is the essence of a "troll poll" or a biased poll as i put it.

It´s handpicked options from that guy, not even giving the option "other units" to eventually lead to the impression the handpicked units are the only ones underpowered.

What´s even more suspicious is that the units are almost exclusively Allied units. Then a random Axis unit was put as an option to - that´s at least my impression - give an excuse to not being biased.

This is manipulation of the most primitive kind.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 15
unknown 14
Germany 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %