Login

russian armor

CoH 2 Skin and Sound mods

18 Apr 2015, 23:49 PM

Hey guys,

I remember back in CoH 1 you could download realistic skin and sound mods which could be used with multiplayer and it made the game like 100x better to play (IMHO). Anybody know of a mod like this for CoH 2?
19 Apr 2015, 00:09 AM

Don't expect to be able to mod unit skins in CoH2 for a very long time, or perhaps not even at all for a few reasons:

1)It's good source revenue for Relic and they can make a lot of money selling unit skins; if a modder were to make skins whose quality surpassed that of the Relic devs, then no one would buy Relic's skins...obviously this would be unacceptable to higher echelon of Relic's management team and SEGA's legal team.

2) The mod tools to do so aren't available yet to my knowledge which brings me back to point 1 where Relic wants to prosper from selling unit skins, so I highly doubt they're going to release the tools to enable making skins mods for units in CoH2.
19 Apr 2015, 02:26 AM

there are a lot of weapon sounds in the game that need to be changed since they don't sound like they do in real life (not even close)

some of the sounds were just copied from coh1 like the 30 caland the BAR.

i like the sounds a lot in this game... and thats one of the main reasons why its so good; but there is a lot of room for improvement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★