Login

russian armor

Riflenades vs. Maxims

18 Apr 2015, 18:39 PM

Why is everyone only complaining about the maxim. It takes two riflnades to kill a maxim only one to kill the US .50 cal.

Permanently Banned
Havent used maxim in almost 6 months

As Luvnest and others have stated the main issue is that all 6 squad members clump up when in cover. I was under the impression however that grenades deal 50% reduced damage to units in cover(maybe just green?) and so having 6 guys clump up on 2 spots of cover will leave only those 2 guys with 40 health each and turn the rest to pulp.

I can't see there being an easy fix to the cover usage of soviet 6 man squads, but I've always liked the idea of suppression halving grenade range for all units, which I feel would benefit all HMGs and even provide a soft counter to units chasing vehicles to snare them.
18 Apr 2015, 19:43 PM

Why is everyone only complaining about the maxim. It takes two riflnades to kill a maxim only one to kill the US .50 cal.

Because the USF 50 cal is FINE! It should receive no buffs at all! Its so damn good you see USF players spam them every game!1111 They are the penultimate MG just look at any thread saying that it should be buffed! Anyone that loses a USF 50 cal is just a noob and need to L2P. Getting whiped from the FOW from a Vet 2 Grens Rnade is clearly L2P.

:foreveralone:
18 Apr 2015, 19:59 PM

Yeah the rifle nade has been an interesting ability since CoH2 launched.

It seems to swing from being absolutely useless or incredibly powerful.

The only thing about Rifle nades is that I think they need to have a bit smaller range and instead of exploding seemingly just before impact, should have a 0.5 second timer or something.

It would give a rather negligible chance for crews to move, or at least finish up packing before the explosion hits. Once an mg team is packed up the squad usually breaks humpcover and the rifle nade is much less devastating.

MGs that completely ignore the fact that a riflenade is incoming would still eat it pretty hard.

But more than anything I feel ALL grenade abilities should be disabled or have their ranges throttled when suppressed and/or pinned.

Grenades should make quick work of mg teams when its thrown from a flanking position, not from the front. Or at least not from the front and out of cover.
18 Apr 2015, 20:25 PM

Permanently Banned

The only thing about Rifle nades is that I think they need to have a bit smaller range and instead of exploding seemingly just before impact, should have a 0.5 second timer or something.

Just like the RE Fighting pit rifle nade

This is probably one of the best suggestions ive ever read on this forum

+100
18 Apr 2015, 20:50 PM
Donator 33

I remember riflegrenades dealing only 40dmg in the beta, they usually just weakened the enemy squad that got hit by it
18 Apr 2015, 21:39 PM

Permanently Banned

Just like the RE Fighting pit rifle nade

This is probably one of the best suggestions ive ever read on this forum

+100

For 30 munitions? Nah.
18 Apr 2015, 22:14 PM
Patrion 14

The maxim was crazy. But nowadays the mg42 is better than the maxim. It sucks that grens can go straight to maxims and kill them with grenades.
18 Apr 2015, 22:53 PM

Permanently Banned

For 30 munitions? Nah.

Wat?

This would be a possive change. Most nades cost 30 muni anyway

By ur logic guard nades should be 30muni because they are less effective, and Riflesnades 45 because they are more effective.
19 Apr 2015, 00:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

For 30 munitions? Nah.

I wish I could invalid HMGs from the fog of war for 30 munitions on the other factions...

I doubt a 0.5 second timer would really fix that from happening, though. Just fix the vet 2 range bonus.
19 Apr 2015, 04:44 AM

As Luvnest and others have stated the main issue is that all 6 squad members clump up when in cover. I was under the impression however that grenades deal 50% reduced damage to units in cover(maybe just green?) and so having 6 guys clump up on 2 spots of cover will leave only those 2 guys with 40 health each and turn the rest to pulp.

I can't see there being an easy fix to the cover usage of soviet 6 man squads, but I've always liked the idea of suppression halving grenade range for all units, which I feel would benefit all HMGs and even provide a soft counter to units chasing vehicles to snare them.

Its the other way around. Grenades are supposed to be more effective against units in cover. Same goes for flamers.
19 Apr 2015, 05:36 AM
Patrion 14

Its the other way around. Grenades are supposed to be more effective against units in cover. Same goes for flamers.

Actually, in COH2, grenades count as regular AOE weapons. Green cover reduces all damage taken by 50% (including grenade explosions.) Yellow cover only decreases received accuracy, but has nothing to do with reduced damage, so grenades deal full damage to units in yellow cover. Flamers deal extra damage to units in buildings, but ignore regular cover. This means that a flamer shooting at units in the open deal the same damage + crit chance as when it shoots at units in green cover.
19 Apr 2015, 05:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Actually, in COH2, grenades count as regular AOE weapons. Green cover reduces all damage taken by 50% (including grenade explosions.) Flamers deal extra damage to units in buildings, but ignore regular cover. Yellow cover only decreases recieved accuracy, but has nothing to do with reduced damage, so grenades deal full damage to units in yellow cover. This means that a flamer shooting at units in the open deal the same damage + crit chance as when it shoots at units in green cover.

This is how it works. And I'm pretty sure cover being directional affects grenades damage too, so they'll wreck as they usually do as long as where it lands does not have heavy cover between it and targets (fairly logical because I'm sure we've all seen kills with grenades against healthy infantry in heavy cover).

In CoH1, flamethrowers did do more damage against units in cover, but no longer...not that it matters too much I guess in CoH2, since a lot of flamethrowers' effectiveness is their chance to instakill crit anyway.
19 Apr 2015, 06:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Conscripts landing easy molotovs front the front is also an issue. I think we can all agree that suppression halving grenade range overall would be a great change.

Would love that change and it should have been implemented long ago, tbh.
19 Apr 2015, 06:55 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 05:52 AMVuther

This is how it works. And I'm pretty sure cover being directional affects grenades damage too, so they'll wreck as they usually do as long as where it lands does not have heavy cover between it and targets (fairly logical because I'm sure we've all seen kills with grenades against healthy infantry in heavy cover).

In CoH1, flamethrowers did do more damage against units in cover, but no longer...not that it matters too much I guess in CoH2, since a lot of flamethrowers' effectiveness is their chance to instakill crit anyway.

Interestingly enough, grenades actually deal half damage to units in green cover, regardless of whether or not the cover is between the explosion an the grenade. If you spot a nade just before it lands next to your squad in green cover, it is sometimes better to just sit there and take the damage, since even a direct grenade hit will only reduce the health of models by 50% (40 damage). If you try to back away or retreat, the nade may hit your units just as they back away from the cover, potentially wiping them or dealing much heavier damage.
19 Apr 2015, 08:14 AM

Reduced grenade range when suppressed, please Relic.
19 Apr 2015, 08:24 AM

reducing grenade range when suppressed would be great, this can solve problem with hmg crew being killed from the front by Cons, Grens, Guards, Riflemen etc etc
19 Apr 2015, 08:32 AM

Rifle grenade is OP.

Suggestion: increase aim time, increase minimal and decrease maximum range.
19 Apr 2015, 08:41 AM
Donator 11

... I think we can all agree that suppression halving grenade range overall would be a great change.

Yup. Should have been in the game ages ago.

The whole frontal yolo'ing into MGs is a rather bad mechanic IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS