Login

russian armor

Tick-Tock the Wehrmacht Clock.

18 Apr 2015, 03:48 AM

I'm starting to notice a theme in my Wehrmacht play. The only games I seem to win are late game delaying actions against the USF, a strategy that doesn't work against the USSR. I feel the only reason I won this game posted below were due to some inch perfect mines, a few lucky mortar rounds and seconds worth of extra VP's all combining to form a very slim margin that separated us in this game, otherwise on another day, I think I would be posting a defeat. Could anyone lend me a hand with some criticism? How may I improve?

Barring any strategic mistakes, tactically/micro...ly I feel I only made, i think 3 major mistakes (again, considering I may've not even considered more optimal tactical decisions): losing a grenadier squad 2on1 against a Lieutenant, and a big mistake losing my Mortar HT and 221 all in a short span, which really taxed my attention, although losing the 221 was a mistake of mistimed aggression.(I believe being the aggressor and dictating the pace of the battle gives one a major advantage, something that in my opinion the Wehrmacht does poorly, I feel they're a very defensive faction.)

One of my other mistakes, and this also contributed to the previous mistakes, came from trying to use the minimap, hotkeys and squad selection for unit abilities. Previously, I strictly used the arrow keys and tactical map, which may've given me more speed but less unit control, getting used to that also contributed to unit loss. Floating of MP during the mid game was also a great concern, my second ATG came late, and I'm sure some of the issues I'm having in the mid-game are coming from a lack of a mid-game build order. I'm never sure of the timing/how much I'll need to save for a tiger tank, hindering my mid-game.

With that said, as far as strategy was concerned, I had played After Efffect before maybe during the fall and had lost, so I knew I had to be sharp, and could potentially be a reason for a few rash decisions, in attempts at trying to drive a dagger home early, instead of simply minimizing risk, and maintaining a slender lead (which I feel either way, always leads to a game being won or lost in the last 100vps, my main problem). I also had learned earlier after getting pushed around by Siberian that I would need to stay compact, and pray for some good mines... Lest I get run off the field by an AAHT or M20. La Gleize provided that opportunity and I thought after I spotted Bazooka's and an earlier Ambulance I could delay for a Tiger which wouldn't be in too much trouble if he had decided to go for M10's instead of M36's, again, a lot of luck there. This is a tactic that I really don't think could of worked if he used standard armor.

Again, thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

18 Apr 2015, 15:40 PM

I'm going to see it soon :)

From the beginning, I saw you got a riffleman of him off, and them later you have his m20 down also, which makes you have a good advantage in my opinion, crippling his map control (which he only really has it during the time you wait for the tiger tank). Then comes the tiger, and you do a good job (a quite of luck also) on not losing it.

I think the only major loss you had was the scout car, which you lost in a quite bad way even though I would do the same. (I'm not a good player, so I don't know if my commentary is any useful.

Ihmo I think the mid game for axis can define the game, last games I've been playing, if I don't hold well, or dominant, I end getting stomped.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight