Login

russian armor

What I don't like in OKW

17 Apr 2015, 21:36 PM

1) All units after upgrade may retreat to FHQ. Poor design gives advatage on big maps. I don't mind about healing.
2) Schwerer panzer building still shoting at the planes. (Get AA halftrack for that as all other factions).
3) Schwerer panzer building shoots very far and secures territory for huge amount of time (untile tanks arrive).
4) Sturmpios repair vehicals very fast
5) Volksgrens has increased vision with = poor design.
6) Jagdpanzer has rotates fast sees far moves fast = poor design ( no need support)

that's it other stuff is ok for me now
17 Apr 2015, 21:42 PM

1) All units after upgrade may retreat to FHQ. Poor design gives advatage on big maps. I don't mind about healing.

Yes but they are more vulnerable to arty because of this and US with major and medic truck can do the same.
17 Apr 2015, 21:53 PM

Sturmpios repair fast because thats their worth, 320 mp aint cheap Keepo. No one wants to use sturmpios as combat infantry in the late game. They basically work like riflemen where they have a strong advantage early on. (unless you want to see the old sturmpios with good ranged dps #00:00:00 Early PGrens)The JP4 is fine and if you've seen Romeo cast jesulin vs vonasten we can see what happens when you send in a jp4 unsupported then a panther.
17 Apr 2015, 21:53 PM

2) Schwerer panzer building still shoting at the planes. (Get AA halftrack for that as all other factions).
3) Schwerer panzer building shoots very far and secures territory for huge amount of time (untile tanks arrive).
6) Jagdpanzer has rotates fast sees far moves fast = poor design ( no need support)

The Jadgpanzer is the least mobile of all the medium tanks in the game. Sturms repair faster because they cost more, the Schwer can be taken down (and is best taken down) by anti tank guns and indirect fire such as mortars and howitzers.

17 Apr 2015, 23:19 PM

1,2,3,4,6 wont be changed ever, sorry.
17 Apr 2015, 23:41 PM

What I dont like is how much the KT was nerfed, and how the Tiger and KT aren't anywhere near as powerful as they were in reality - but relic just succumbed to all the whining and nerfed everything because players are too lazy to do anything but frontal attacks.

I could barely win at a .510% pre patch, and its mostly the same post patch but I find with the OKW especially it takes alot more effort than the other factions to succeed and is almost completely merciless if you make a mistake or lose a unit.

You just don't have the fuel to replace any vehicles - you lose one, it's a serious loss.
17 Apr 2015, 23:45 PM

As for this, L2P.

1 - all units retreat to forward HQ is often a disadvantage if you can pin them in and it also costs 300mp, it's not automatic.

2 - they hardly ever shoot down planes anyway

3 - if your opponent is dumb enough to put it in the open, blast away at it with an AT gun for 30 seconds or blow it up with mortars/arty like everyone else does.

4 - no, not really

5 - volks aren't very good unless veterans

6 - what ? This thing gets killed super easy and does not rotate fast at all, it has no turret and has to physically re position the whole vehicle to fire... standing head to head and trying to fight it out with an anti tank weapon is.. not smart ?
17 Apr 2015, 23:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 23:41 PMMack674
What I dont like is how much the KT was nerfed, and how the Tiger and KT aren't anywhere near as powerful as they were in reality

I agree, Tigers should have a 50% chance of not arriving due to having been rendered combat unready before the battle for whatever reason.

Tigers' rear armour already bounces a third of all shells from mediums in the positioning of being driven right into their assholes, while each penetrating shot certainly isn't highly likely to render the tank inoperable, very unlike in reality. Mind telling me what its game-y drawback should be for such a game-y strength?
18 Apr 2015, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 23:55 PMVuther

I agree, Tigers should have a 50% chance of not arriving due to having been rendered combat unready before the battle for whatever reason.

Tigers' rear armour already bounces a third of all shells from mediums in the positioning of being driven right into their assholes, while each penetrating shot certainly isn't highly likely to render the tank inoperable, mind telling me what its game-y drawback should be for such a game-y strength?

What? I don't think I've ever once seen a Tiger1 bounce a shell off the rear, but anyway -

Tiger2s were the ones late to the party, Tiger1 was in service since 1942.

It should just have the same drawbacks as it did - the Soviets defeated them in mass numbers and closing the distance. Tiger 1 was meant to fight from a long distance, not so much point blank, because they're massive and slow. The game doesn't do them justice, a Tiger1 was much, much larger than a Sherman.

Really I think infantry should have alot more AT weapons than they do but whatever.

You know what, I don't even care. Theres so much I disagree with how this game works I can't change one thing without changing everything. I enjoy playing it, it just irritates me that it's "gamey". I liked MenOfWar2 better, but it wasn't nearly as polished and slick as CoH is.

TL;DR, if you're going to force the OKW to save up all game for one tank, it had better be good. After patch, it's not much better than an IS2 which is a manpower call in at 11CP.

I don't like the call in system for heavy weapons.
18 Apr 2015, 00:06 AM

Game is super unrealistic in almost every way outside of graphics and sound effects so Im not going to bother arguing semantics anymore, it hurts my head.

I still love the game, i just find it immensely frustrating.

I can't speak to anything bigger than 2v2 games though.
18 Apr 2015, 00:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I myself strongly enjoy realism in general and will gladly use it as an example should I think the game could use it.

...but as a rule, the game regularly consists of people shooting each other and frequently missing at 30 meters. Realism is usually something to apply stringently in games.
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2015, 00:05 AMMack674
TL;DR, if you're going to force the OKW to save up all game for one tank, it had better be good. After patch, it's not much better than an IS2 which is a manpower call in at 11CP.

I don't like the call in system for heavy weapons.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "manpower call in".
18 Apr 2015, 00:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2015, 00:06 AMMack674
Game is super unrealistic in almost every way outside of graphics and sound effects so Im not going to bother arguing semantics anymore, it hurts my head.

I still love the game, i just find it immensely frustrating.

I can't speak to anything bigger than 2v2 games though.

The game isn't intended to be realistic. If you want that, there's Men Of War Assault Squad 1 or 2 that are much more realistic, and much less fun to play. This game is intended to be a fun game with 15-60 minute matches ala StarCraft or WarCraft and barely historically more accurate than those. Would you really want a match that took multiple days? Where tanks routinely 1-shot each other from distances further than infantry can see without binoculars? Where a 57mm AT gun can 1 shot a Tiger from the side (were Relic to include side armor). You'd get maybe 1 tank per 100 infantry, so the game would largely be infantry based. You would order your troops to charge across an open field and some might charge while the others ask if you are nukking futs. You would have to add vodka as an resource (in addition to fuel and munitions) if you want troops to do stupid shit.

I've played both MoW 1&2 and both of them quickly reach boring and tedious.
18 Apr 2015, 00:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2015, 00:22 AMGrumpy
You'd get maybe 1 tank per 100 infantry, so the game would largely be infantry based. You would order your troops to charge across an open field and some might charge while the others ask if you are nukking futs. You would have to add vodka as an resource (in addition to fuel and munitions) if you want troops to do stupid shit.

If microing 34-76s to beat heavies was hard before, imagine if the units played like they didn't have radios. :S
18 Apr 2015, 00:28 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2015, 00:27 AMVuther

If microing 34-76s to beat heavies was hard before, imagine if the units played like they didn't have radios. :S

every vehicle already does.
18 Apr 2015, 00:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

every vehicle already does.

Nah, they act like they have radios. The drivers are just obviously completely hammered.

...I really hope the Bazooka operators for the M20 crews aren't the drivers.
18 Apr 2015, 00:34 AM

I meant like, the doctrine call in at 11 command points you can call in a tiger or IS2 etc. for 800 manpower or whatever it is.
18 Apr 2015, 00:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2015, 00:34 AMMack674
I meant like, the doctrine call in at 11 command points you can call in a tiger or IS2 etc. for 800 manpower or whatever it is.

Whoa uh, are you sure in the right place? Didn't stray from the CoH1 forums by accident?

In CoH2, all vehicle call-ins also cost fuel, unlike in CoH1 where they were manpower only. Currently, Tigers and IS-2 cost 640 manpower and 230 fuel in CoH2.

...not to say people don't have problems with the call-in system here either, but that is another story for another time.
18 Apr 2015, 00:43 AM

I usually play Soviets but not with you on this one.

1) If someone goes aggressive FHQ then it is ALWAYS hilarious to hear Ivan, the drunken 120mm mortar crew chief, brag about fukking up that squad. After you have saved enough munitions, smoke and 3 penals with satchels are also funny. Next truck will not be as aggressive.
2) Soviet plans, other than the one that comes with Tank Hunter, not that great anyway. They're the SU76's of the sky.
3) Schwerer shoots further than cons, but not as far as mortars or AT guns. When Sturmpios try to repair, there is a good chance you will hear from Ivan again and it is STILL hilarious.
4) Sturmpios repair fast, so do 2x CE which cost the same amount.
5) Having penals meet Volksgrens is a great way to get the CP's you need for call-ins.
6) Isolate the Jagdpanzer from it's support (using Ivan and his twin brother) and the Jagd goes down to a cheap, POS, T34/76.

Obers with free LMG's used to bother me.
KT that bounced everything used to bother me (including lack of side armor, which caused me to lose a lot of tanks just trying to flank).
JagdTiger still difficult in team games. It's awfully expensive and seems to be used less often since patch so not as big of a deal.
Non-doctrinal heavy (KT) bothers me a little. Soviets should get non-doc IS2 and USF get a non-doc Pershing if OK2 gets non-doc KT (which would also add greatly to the variety of Soviet commanders used).
18 Apr 2015, 00:48 AM

Permanently Banned

The Jadgpanzer is the least mobile of all the medium tanks in the game.

1. Its not a tank. its a TD

2. it gets increase mobility with vet, at vet 4 it can rotate faster than a sherman can flank

3. Su-85 has far worse mobility (its the only TD u can compare the the JP4)
18 Apr 2015, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2015, 00:37 AMVuther

Whoa uh, are you sure in the right place? Didn't stray from the CoH1 forums by accident?

In CoH2, all vehicle call-ins also cost fuel, unlike in CoH1 where they were manpower only. Currently, Tigers and IS-2 cost 640 manpower and 230 fuel in CoH2.

I think he was talking about the Tiger Ace. A lot of people complain about it not costing any fuel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★