Login

russian armor

Model 24 Grenade ability

16 Apr 2015, 01:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ain't this thing definitely underpowered? It costs the same a rifle grenade with the same damage effectiveness or the same as a MK II with less damage effectiveness, but with 10 lower maximum range and minimum range on the former and absolutely nothing over the latter - and the lower minimum range advantage definitely is not an especially useful advantage compared to more maximum range. Sure, it was a bit much with its former hilariously-short fuse, but I can't really see much reason for it to be a clearly inferior grenade.

Still better than Molotovs though.
16 Apr 2015, 01:56 AM

Which model 24 grenade ability are you referring to? Model 24 stun grenades are fantastic.

I really dislike the assault grenadier one since you pretty much lose a model every time an enemy looks at you so you spend 45 munitions on only 2-3 grenades usually. Same thing applies to the stealth grenade ability on OKW commanders, though you get this on more durable/stealthy units. These 2 are still great against buildings though.

If you mean the standard volks grenade I think it is fine for it to be a bit different than rifle grenade as it can be used in close range to devastating effect where just running up to hug grenadiers will prevent them from getting rifle grenades off. My problem with rifle grenades is how buggy they can be with the animation/actually using the ability as well as units clumping in cover.

As for the price these aren't the only grenades with discrepancies in price and effectiveness. Pgren bundle grenades cost 45 but only do about as much as those thrown by shocks or guards which are cheaper.
16 Apr 2015, 18:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I apologize for the lack of precision - I was referring to the Model 24 grenade used by Volksgrenadiers and Panzerfusiliers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★