Login

russian armor

input on a replay (also questions about maps and bazookas)

15 Apr 2015, 12:41 PM

thanks to everyone who gave me input last time. I keep struggling on ferma west start, i always do much better on the west side start even against good opponents. It's just so hard to maintain vp control and all the fighting always ends up around your cutoff/fuel and it's evening more annoying against soviets as with the map control they can rush out t34s while still getting out an is2 around the same time as you can get out a tiger, is the map generally viewed as a bit west sided or is that just me?

Also is there a bug or some sort of weird accuracy modifier where the captains bazookas hit snipers a lot?
I have had it happen to me 3 times in the last few games and 2 of them were full wipes, having my vet 3 sniper one shot wiped right out side my base by a 2 man suppressed captain did not leave me impressed, my opponent was a good player and crawled in front of the base defences which seems pretty weird to do unless you know your going to kill your target especially with a weakened light anti tank squad against a full hp sniper.

15 Apr 2015, 13:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Regarding the map,you started on the favorable side for Ostheer.

Bazookas,not that I know of,dont have any special accuracy against the sniper or infantry. I think thats horrible luck.

Regarding the replay..

Think about and know what you buy when you buy it.
A good hint is to check soviet base through Fog of War for tech structures periodically. This allows you to pick the appropriate units and counters before they arrive or as they arrive,predict your enemies strategy.

So if you see no structures,then its Conscript spam(which you had to deal with,with the inappropriate counters)
So a more appropriate counter to 4x cons into shocks is 4x grens +MG and your pios with a flamer into T2 and 25(1) halftrack for forward presence,,instead of what you did.
If you see a Tier 3 Tankoviy command building,then you probably wouldnt have went for 250 halftrack with PGrens,right? You wouldve went for a Pak. That messed you up bad too,thats alot of MP for basically dead weight after its initial arrival.

I think that was a huge part of what wrong this game,be more efficient with what you buy as ostheer or you wont get enough mileage out of your units,you wont be able to do much of anything. Youll just sit there and bleed resources/MP and lose by VP and pressure to capture VP,which is what you did.

Dont buy units or use abiltiies out of emotion.. think about effeciency at all times,or you'll bleed yourself dry,which you did.

a quick quiz,if you dont mind.

Should you get Pios with flames or a mortar to clear buildings full of Conscripts,5 mins into the game. Which unit can you get more mileage and use out of throughout the whole game?

On the flipside,Same choice;upgrade Pios with flames, or mortar?
but your dealing with buildings full of Maxims. Which unit makes more sense in the long run??

You have 60 munitions. Its 10 minutes into the game,and your opponent has the T3 structure up.(either a T34 or a T70 coming soon)
You've been starved of munitons all game. Your grenadiers dont have LMGs and your facing guards with DPs. What do you do? plant a teller mine(which one shots the T70,and will cripple the T34) Or buy an LMG for your grenadiers?

You must make these important decisions throughout the entire game,unlike any faction,Ostheer does not have "no brainer" upgrades that you can just casually buy. you MUST think about before you buy or you'll simply be too far behind to come back,at least in 1v1.

16 Apr 2015, 08:37 AM

thanks for the reply, build orders and counters have been one of my main problems since starting to play wehr more, especially when it comes to knowing what to buy when I'm obviously behind and struggling with what my opponent already has.
16 Apr 2015, 21:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

thanks for the reply, build orders and counters have been one of my main problems since starting to play wehr more, especially when it comes to knowing what to buy when I'm obviously behind and struggling with what my opponent already has.

You're welcome, anything else feel free to ask away
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS