Login

russian armor

Alpha Announcement

17 Apr 2015, 21:24 PM

You don't judge the quality of a post by the playercard.
But a bad quality post, in combination with constant whining, with a single faction played on a single mode at a "scrub" level...Yeah, i'm gonna keep wasting time reading it or waste time discussing with.
Remember when Paul said truck pushing was a legitimate tactic. Yeah, rank isn't too important when it comes to giving good input on the game.

If they do that we might end up with factions that are too hard for average players to use effectively.
17 Apr 2015, 21:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remember when Paul said truck pushing was a legitimate tactic. Yeah, rank isn't too important when it comes to giving good input on the game.

If they do that we might end up with factions that are too hard for average players to use effectively.

And i also remember Quentin post...so?
As dreadful as truck pushing sounds, the problem is not the action on itself rather than the risk/rewards/cost coming from it.

I'll repeat myself, you don't need a rank to write a well thought comment. But if your comment is full of "crap", incoherencies and false stats in combination with a bad rank, i won't waste time going in a discussion. I'll just point out the wrong things (as not to spread false information) and go on.

Finally: i don't think the can make something worst than USF on that aspect. (Relic don't surprise us plz)
18 Apr 2015, 07:12 AM
Donator 22

How much you have played a faction matters a lot more than rank. There is a large amount of people who comment on the design of factions they have literally never played more than two or three times.

Yes and no. Not playing a faction much doesn't necessarily mean that person knows little about it.

For example, I have played USF least of all, but I have also watched countless hours of streamers and replays of top players playing USF. I have also played AGAINST USF countless hours as well. I know as much or more from watching and playing against it than I do from having played it. In fact, watching others play actually means you are probably more likely to see a lot of variation in strategy and units and can speak more to their strengths than the player who plays a lot of a faction but gets married to one or two favorite play styles.

On a seperate note....has anyone been contacted yet letting them know they are in the Alpha?
18 Apr 2015, 10:07 AM

I'm a top 100 player in ranked 2v2, so obviously a spot should be reserved for me(If I do decide to sign up) but anyone with a rank higher than 200 in 1v1 and 2v2 ranked shouldn't be in the Alhpa; there should be plenty of players in the top200 though for Alhpa testing, instead of only a handful of individuals.

:facepalm:
20 Apr 2015, 11:46 AM
20 Apr 2015, 11:51 AM

The wording makes it look like early access/preview then "please, help us balance game the best" :)
20 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

20 Apr 2015, 11:56 AM
20 Apr 2015, 12:15 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

This confirms it is a single faction. Not with Africa Korps
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L