Login

russian armor

War Spoils Drop: Duplication and Stacking Bug

13 Apr 2015, 23:28 PM

Ok so... basically... after getting a warspoils drop, exiting the match stats, and entering the warchest, there is a sequence of opening and closing the warchest and the "warspoils obtained" pop-up that will duplicate the amount of the drop(s) registered.. and you can immediately add three to your loadout bulletins and they will be saved next time you open the game.

I have also noticed that my bulletin count went from 612 down to 605 and that I have lost some of my bulletins that I should legitimately have had. Specifically; I had 3 officer training for USF infantry [I think since before the last patch] and now I only have 2 today.

I am in the process of requesting making a card for the https://trello.com/b/n9Gdhc9f/coh2-issue-tracker with a video or photos. I will try to remember to make it and post a link back here... but I am old and forgetful!:guyokay:
14 Apr 2015, 00:42 AM
Patrion 28

damn, now i just need a grenade range bulletin to drop.
14 Apr 2015, 06:20 AM

They are atm working on something that includes new stuff to do with war spoil drops. Maybe they screwed something up and that's the reason some of your bulletins disappeared.
14 Apr 2015, 07:39 AM

I experienced the duplication bug. Not sure if I lost any. Perhaps duplicates were over writing existing ones.
14 Apr 2015, 13:30 PM
Patrion 15

I've experienced this before where it seemed I was able to duplicate the war spoils I'd just received by clicking back and forth as you've said, and got excited when the screen showed all the duplicates there. But when the "new" notification had cleared they didn't carry across and I'd received the correct amount. Are you sure it hadn't just bugged to look like that then righted itself? Generally best to log in and out again to confirm war spoils if they're being buggy.

But I do agree there's a bug that at least makes it look like you can duplicate spoils.
14 Apr 2015, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 13:30 PMUS3K
I've experienced this before where it seemed I was able to duplicate the war spoils I'd just received by clicking back and forth as you've said, and got excited when the screen showed all the duplicates there. But when the "new" notification had cleared they didn't carry across and I'd received the correct amount. Are you sure it hadn't just bugged to look like that then righted itself? Generally best to log in and out again to confirm war spoils if they're being buggy.

But I do agree there's a bug that at least makes it look like you can duplicate spoils.

I have thought the same.. but as some examples of what I can verify:
1) one thing that happened was one extra bulletin [usf veteran rifleman] in my army loadout stayed around for at least two weeks of play (as an icon at least; I have no idea if it added the bonus). I had three total, and it showed in the bulletin inventory and then yesterday it was gone in the inventory but still in the loadout after a restart but didn't after swapping armies.
2) I replicated the glitch last week and got the number up to 8 and they all showed in the "recent" window and after I switched to the inventory window the bulletin "fire it up!" had 7 from only having 2 or 3 before and this was before the drop from 612 to 605 and they still show in my inventory. I still have 5 "Small but tough!" from the other day too.
3) I saw another player get two of the same drop at once which is just plain stupid and frustrating even if it IS legit drop rng, IMO
4) I have had the number of drops show as high as 5-12 with no additional bulletin icons in the recent or inventory windows.

So yeah something got screwed with in the last patch. Maybe there was an attempt to fix the bug that made the "warspoils obtained" widow get stuck and unable to close which I got a lot since this whole warchest menu patch last year before the Ardennes Assault dlc (which still happens if you click on it, close it, click on it, etc. a few times. Or maybe it is due to just bad tinkering with the whole warchest/warspoils/bulletins menu.

Anyways.. it's not gamebreaking but to me it's pretty damn annoying along with all the other issues I've read about and experienced.

I hope the dev team can get the time/money/resources/etc to get this game where we all know it should be.
14 Apr 2015, 22:57 PM
Patrion 28

could be pretty damn close to gamebreaking if you did it with the increased grenade range bulletins.
27 May 2015, 09:29 AM

I can confirm it has happened to me. Had 2 grenade bulletins but somehow one just vanished. I though I just imagined it since I don't really pay attention to bulletin drops. Now I believe one went missing. Maybe they'll fix this. Or it's just a feature so you don't stack bulletins that might break the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★