Option Distribution Votes
21%
5%
60%
15%
Total votes: 156
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Apr 2015, 23:21 PM

i was just wondering which factions are OP at the present time.

i was thinking >>>
OKW (shrek squads & luch)
&
soviets (tank hunter commander & ptrs)
12 Apr 2015, 23:26 PM
Donator 11

You should specify game mode. Also suprisingly enough I won't vote as I belive the game is ballanced in my level of play and gamemode (1v1)
12 Apr 2015, 23:48 PM

The faction that I'm playing against is OP, the faction I'm playing is UP.

Duh...
12 Apr 2015, 23:50 PM

Soviets are the most powerful overall by a long shot, I find myself having the most fun with them due to there simply no longer being any "bad" choices strat wise.

Guards are great, shocks are great, cons are great life is great
12 Apr 2015, 23:55 PM

This is a loaded question. I don't think any faction is "OP," but I have to say Soviets are the most powerful because of their call-ins being so great. I stand by that they're a poorly designed faction built around the DLC commander system and should be reworked (not that I'm holding my breath), because their stock options kind of suck.
12 Apr 2015, 23:58 PM
Donator 11

soviets!
Too much call-ins, larger mortar/mg crews, more options (compared with OKW regarding the amount of commanders) and last but not least OP Katjuscha
13 Apr 2015, 00:04 AM

Soviets:

- No tech call in meta.
- Get 2 IS-2s by the time a KT arrives. Get the same armor as the KT on the much cheaper vehicle.
- No problem whatsoever in penetrating Panthers and the KT.
- T-34/85 with the same health as a Panther.
- PTRS doctrine annihilating weapon crews.
- Forgiving 6 men gameplay.
- Best artillery in the game. 120mm annihilate OKW HQs, Katjuschas do the rest.

--> In general they have the most amount of cheese for the least micro effort in the game.
13 Apr 2015, 00:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm a 1v1 player and I wouldn't say any specific faction is OP, but some commanders are.
13 Apr 2015, 00:44 AM

Soviets are currently overpowered. Their base army is balanced but they have a lot of overpowered commanders and call-in units.

Guards slightly over perform.

Shock troopers don't require you to do any creative flanking as with panzergrenadiers and these squads are too powerful in general. You can just bum-rush squad in green cover, even panzergrenadiers/sturmpioniers, and force them to retreat. A grenadier squad or volksgrenadier squad in green cover can be forced to retreat without even killing a shock trooper model in the process. Combine shock troopers with For Mother Russia and there is nothing your opponent can do except just mass retreat and stay in his base for a minute.

Stalling for call-ins is too easy and too rewarding. This puts a very large risk on getting light vehicles as axis because you are going to need all the fuel you can get to counter the extremely potent T34/85s and IS-2s. (this problem of course also exist for Wehrmacht mechanized assault)

PTRS conscripts are extremely broken. You can just blob these units and win. They can't be countered by HMGs, light vehicles can only be used against them if you are Jesulin, and they will wreck AT guns/mortars/leIGs in 1 burst if you have 3~4 PTRS conscript squads. Utterly ridiculous.

Demo charges need to be removed from the soviets. There used to be a time where you needed them to even out the score against superior german infantry, but this time has long gone. Soviets no longer need this crutch; especially with everybody using the powerful soviet commanders 99.99% of the time.
13 Apr 2015, 01:00 AM

Soviets are currently overpowered. Their base army is balanced but they have a lot of overpowered commanders and call-in units.

Guards slightly over perform.

Shock troopers don't require you to do any creative flanking as with panzergrenadiers and these squads are too powerful in general. You can just bum-rush squad in green cover, even panzergrenadiers/sturmpioniers, and force them to retreat. A grenadier squad or volksgrenadier squad in green cover can be forced to retreat without even killing a shock trooper model in the process. Combine shock troopers with For Mother Russia and there is nothing your opponent can do except just mass retreat and stay in his base for a minute.

Stalling for call-ins is too easy and too rewarding. This puts a very large risk on getting light vehicles as axis because you are going to need all the fuel you can get to counter the extremely potent T34/85s and IS-2s. (this problem of course also exist for Wehrmacht mechanized assault)

PTRS conscripts are extremely broken. You can just blob these units and win. They can't be countered by HMGs, light vehicles can only be used against them if you are Jesulin, and they will wreck AT guns/mortars/leIGs in 1 burst if you have 3~4 PTRS conscript squads. Utterly ridiculous.

Demo charges need to be removed from the soviets. There used to be a time where you needed them to even out the score against superior german infantry, but this time has long gone. Soviets no longer need this crutch; especially with everybody using the powerful soviet commanders 99.99% of the time.
This with the added issue like the 120mm wiping squads and ridiculous teching cost the ostheer has

13 Apr 2015, 01:07 AM

Excellent post

My sentiments exactly, and the amount of viable commanders was almost doubled with the PTRS buff.

13 Apr 2015, 01:22 AM
Patrion 14

Balance, at least in ones, is pretty good right now I feel. The recent patch have changed many things that have combined to make the game a much more enjoyable experience.

Ostheer got a very big buff with the new sniper and mg42 buff, s well as the synergizing pio sight range. This allows ostheer to rely on combined arms early game and also makes the mg42 a lot easier to vet up. While the super early game is still a bit of a pain vs. a USF player who goes straight for m20, it cn be countered by fast teching for the newly buffed 222 or even just placing a smart teller. Incindiary rounds on the mg42 do well at this, and it is easier to get the mg42 to vet 1 now that the long range accuracy has been buffed.

OKW got nerfed as a whole, and this is a good thing. With the nerf to volksshreck and the buff to the raketenwerfer, OKW has been forced to rely more on the raketenwerfer early game to counter light vehicles. The fact that obers have to pay for their lmg34 means that OKW players now have to make a choice on what upgrades to apply to their army, which is also causing the raketenwerfer to be fielded in greater numbers, as well as units like the puma/ jagdpanzer 4 which are very useful to fill in the gap of AT that was once supplied by the shreck blob. The change of the vet 5 of volksgrenadiers has made them less like golems that are impervious to bullets, but has instead made them more powerful vs. infantry. This leads to a more interesting dynamic in late game fights, where vet 5 volks still die at about the same rate as vet 3 cons, but can deal a lot more hurt on encroaching squads such as shocks or riflemen before they retreat.

USF was given some needed lategame boosts in this patch, and the buff to the jackson (and the nerf of the KT's armor to reasonable levels) has it made it a very good unit at dealing with enemy lategame armor, while the damage nerf has made it no longer a harcounter to ostheer t3. It nows takes longer for a p4 to be killed by a jackson than by an su85, and this is a good thing, as it outlines the difference in these units' roles. That being said, I believe relic also needed to tone down the riflemen with lmgs, or, more specifically, the defensive stance that they get. Defensive stance allows riflemen to suppress enemy units, and gives them yellow cver anywhere, which is fine and good, but it doesn't have enough counterplay since it an be deactivated at will, which leads to frustration as grenades from volks are dodged, only for the rifle squad to reenter defensivve stance 5 meters away. I believe that defensive stance should not be useable in combat (like it used to be), and should have a cooldown to turning off, like HTD.

Soviets. I'm going to be honest here. I hate soviets. I hate their gameplay, I hate the faction design, and I hate the callin system. That being said, from the few games I played with them this patch, and the many I played against them, I believe that soviets are the strongest faction currently (read: not OP) because of their ability to effectively deal with many threats and have a solid early game, while not sacrificing their lategame. The recent PTRS buff has given soviets access to a great defensive unit (guards), which allows them to hold the line against enemy assaults. Unfortunately, the buff to PTRS has also made conscript PTRS very powerful, and this may need to be addressed in the next patch. I think that the best way to fix the PTRS would be to keep the current accuracy values, but to drop the PTRS accuracy at close range to ~10%, to show how the PTRS is most effective at mid range (it was hard to use such an unwieldy weapon at ass-sniffing range.) Other than that, I beieve soviets are in a good place, and will be in a much better place if relic ever decides to deal with the callin meta.

In conclusion, I do not believe any single faction is OP. Some factions have more evenly rounded strengths, while others have have strengths at one time which drops off drastically as the game progresses. However, all factions have a fairly good chance of winning at all times in the game (even if disadvantaged), because the patch has lessened the huge disparity in the faction strengths at different times in game.
13 Apr 2015, 08:14 AM

I don't think soviets are an OP faction, but they are differently the best. Every other faction usually has a few exploitable weaknesses that they can't really do much about. Meanwhile there is a soviet build for any situation. But that's all because they have such a dependency on call-ins. Take their commanders away and they are easily the worst faction.

I would much rather see the other factions become as well rounded as the soviets then see the soviets become much weaker.
13 Apr 2015, 08:16 AM

I'm looking and looking and can't seem to find "they all seem pretty balanced" option.

@Lenny12346
You didn't had to wait long :megusta:
13 Apr 2015, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 08:16 AMKatitof
I'm looking and looking and can't seem to find "they all seem pretty balanced" option.

When people who always defend one faction say that everything is fine, it is usually an indicator that there is something wrong. Take for example Porygons reactions to the March Deployment patch last year, and your attitude this patch.
13 Apr 2015, 09:03 AM

I don't think any faction is particularly op at the moment.

Conscript PTRS likely needs looking at, I like comm_ash's suggestion.

Soviets are probably the most well rounded faction, in that they can do a lot of different things viably. I don't think any of those things are OP though. (save for script PTRS)

When people who always defend one faction say that everything is fine, it is usually an indicator that there is something wrong

That really depends on the individual.
13 Apr 2015, 09:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 08:16 AMKatitof

You know it's too late to fix your reputation when people don't take anything you say seriously :P

When played to the maximum potential (best players, optimum vetoes, continual picking of most powerful strategies and commanders in every situation, every dirty trick used and abused (ghost wiring and sandbagging, truckpushing, etc), I'd guess Soviets for 1s and 2s. You could quite feasibly always go guard motor every single game OR shock rifle every game and reach top 20, and if you actually picked shock rifle or guard motor depending on the situation, go all the way to the #1 position, I think.
13 Apr 2015, 10:48 AM

You know it's too late to fix your reputation when people don't take anything you say seriously :P

When played to the maximum potential (best players, optimum vetoes, continual picking of most powerful strategies and commanders in every situation, every dirty trick used and abused (ghost wiring and sandbagging, truckpushing, etc), I'd guess Soviets for 1s and 2s. You could quite feasibly always go guard motor every single game OR shock rifle every game and reach top 20, and if you actually picked shock rifle or guard motor depending on the situation, go all the way to the #1 position, I think.

I'm not saying soviets aren't strong, but op asks for overpowered faction, which currently none really is.
There is no a single IWIN strat, there is no a single IWIN unit, OKW struggles first minutes against M3s, but thats pretty much it in the early game. Even USF isn't OP against Ost like they were last patch and soviets aren't stomped into a wet pulp by OKW bulletproof infantry, so yea, not really anything particularly OP this patch for the moment.

There are some whines here and there, but 3v3 and 4v4 heroes with rank position looking like a phone number who rise these whines aren't exactly the most creditable sources to determine what is OP and what is not.
13 Apr 2015, 11:49 AM

Garden Guard Motor and Guard ISU, A move and click2Win.

Soviet is easy like Garden.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight