Login

russian armor

Is it Always a struggle?

15 Apr 2015, 18:58 PM

pak 40's and tellers. use the tiger as bait, or why i suggested blitzkreig, if you can get a damaged engine, a single pak and that strafing run will relentlessly punish errant IS2s trying to bully you.
15 Apr 2015, 23:08 PM

Hmmm,I've been using the Stuka, but I think I don't know how to use it well enough, should I use it like clicking on that IS2? or Should be something diferente? Is there anywhere I can know how it Works exactly.
15 Apr 2015, 23:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hmmm,I've been using the Stuka, but I think I don't know how to use it well enough, should I use it like clicking on that IS2? or Should be something diferente? Is there anywhere I can know how it Works exactly.

The stuka close air support LOITER targets anything within a big circle(the center of the circle is where you call the ability) that appears on the HUD.

It will attempt to target tanks and vehicles first,and then infantry

The best way to use it is to click the area where the IS2 is,and where it will try to reverse to as it's escaping the first pass.

If you dont call it in deep enough in enemy territory,the IS2 or vehicle your targeting may reverse out of the targetting circle before the stuka makes its killing pass.
16 Apr 2015, 04:41 AM

It will attempt to target tanks and vehicles first,and then infantry

The best way to use it is to click the area where the IS2 is,and where it will try to reverse to as it's escaping the first pass.

Hmmm,I've been using the Stuka, but I think I don't know how to use it well enough, should I use it like clicking on that IS2?

why i suggested blitzkreig, if you can get a damaged engine, a single pak and that strafing run will relentlessly punish errant IS2s trying to bully you.

i apologize, i rescind my endorsement of that strike. against t34/85's it's pretty vicious; however, i just ran into two is2's and they shot the stuka out of the sky with their pintle mounts before the stuka finished even a 3rd of it's first strafing run... man that was disappointing.

the is2 is really really hard to deal with as wehr, especially as a t3 start will leave them with enough fuel often for 2.
16 Apr 2015, 07:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Accuracy is better than the reload?

TheEvilAdventurer: Forgive me, but I don't understand, what you mean by adv and dis?
Me knows not how to quote.

A bit off-topic, I realise some strategy guides are not updated, what is needed to update them?

Someone willing to do it.

I will generally revisit mine after each patch; however that's not done by everybody

At the moment we are focused on filling in gaps rather than updating existing content
16 Apr 2015, 16:08 PM

I see, well If I could help with something I would.

Turbotortoise Wow, I think I never saw my plane get shut like that, so far I tried many things against the IS2, the Tiger seems to be the best answer, but even so, its not that easy to match their industry.

18 Apr 2015, 10:02 AM

I'm convinced the key lies somewhere in the mid game. A lot of the time, I find myself floating MP, not sure whether to get a Tiger, or T3, T4, if/when it would arrive and basically trying to ask my early game units to do too much. It's really difficult to form a breakout with T1.

I'm wondering, in the games I've been reviewing, and even in my own play, perhaps an Ostwind and another Pak might be a tenable option to give a little more push back and buy the time we need to prepare properly for an IS2, and possibly preclude the notion of our opponents getting multiples.
18 Apr 2015, 15:39 PM

I saved a replay of a match I did yesterday, that I won, and was reviewing it. While I think I the level was quite low, I believe the ostwind can be a good unit from T3 to use, as it is quite fast and can go around the atg's, (not against bazookas or the like), but I can agree to a extent, that it seems wehrmacht must get to the late game to have a chance. Different from soviet and usf in a extent, I think in case of USF, they have a strong infantry that can stay annoying up to the late game, for soviet, I believe they have just, too much resources, even though I find they easier than USF (both are hard though for me), its awful hard to win the late game if they dominated the map.

Edit: Played a match against flame-trucks or "clown car" (in fact no sniper, but just the flamer), and its quite annoying, but it seems to really hinder the oponente, if he doesnt has the map control, from getting na early t34/85 or is2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 24
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak