Login

russian armor

Map File Size

11 Apr 2015, 01:53 AM

1) Just wondering for a 4v4 map, what is too big for normal players? I don't want to waste a bunch of time making a beautiful map that preforms terribly for players.

2) Also, What Can I do decrease the size? Do you use more splats and splines?

3) If I place objects in the air will they stay there when I test it? will they fall? I have a wall in deep water and it doesn't extend to the bottom, just out of sight.

4) How deep is too deep? is it better to make it shallow and change the color?

5) Finally how many copies do you save as you progress? I understand this is a personal preference.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
11 Apr 2015, 09:48 AM
Donator 11

1= well you can always test it to see how it peforms compared to the official maps

2= Use less objects (Depends on the object) because when they break they leave small bits rolling around the map, witch affects performance

3= Yes they will stay there, you might want to change the objects to visuals because some of the objects may block pathing even when they are in air. Same applies to bridges, you can't have a bridge you can cross and go under aswell. (The map is 2d basically)

4= I assume you mean water, well really its just what looks good and you prefer :)

5= You probably mean backups, yes there is a slight possibility of corrupting the file. (i had it happen once) You can save the file by exporting it to the game and if the editable file corrupts, then you can use a program to extract the file back from the game. (Just copying the folder works just as good, but exporting is a bit faster)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★