Login

russian armor

Eindhoven Map Feedback

11 Apr 2015, 00:35 AM

My experiences so far (2v2), I think this map only requires a few tweaks.

The right hand side VP needs its pathing fixed its seems to auto route the south pawn to the north entry point every time.

Both fuel points need to be brought back towards the middle slightly. The right side is not too bad, but the left side feels too far away to even bother trying to harass it from south spawn.

De-clutter the shot blockers, i.e Walls, bush, ditches and choke points around both fuel points. It's far too easy to just lock them down with an MG and few well placed demos, mines etc. Also consider how easy it currently is to just add a few extra strands of barbed wire to completely lock them off.

The map is slightly too wide, but this is touched on earlier.

Remove the houses around the middle. There's no need for two each, maybe put one big house to contest, but that's it. Many houses does not make for good game play around the middle, the fringes of maps are a better location for houses. Alternatively, you could possibly put in some trenches instead. At a minimum the disparity between the quality of houses needs to be fixed, the south spawn has a huge 2 story house with lots of windows when compare with north spawn which has two mediocre houses, one which is a useless wooden death trap and the other a single story house in a pretty useless position. Think about the houses and what you are trying to achieve by putting them there, at the moment they seem to be there for no purpose, especially the north houses.

The left side fuel point needs some work regarding the terrain. The left side design seems rushed and unfinished when compared to the right side. Remove the raised ground with bunkers and ditches and replace it with a house with a farm or something like that. Something that can be contested and fought over needs to go there. As it stands the left side fuel is a freebie for whichever side decides to capture it first, good luck defending it, as it's pretty much unable to be defended in it's current state.

I really think the V shaped walls at the tip of the right side fuel near the munis point needs to be removed and replaced with something like a small fence or a ditch. It's just provides too much of a choke point. I like the look of the mud walls/bombed out buildings, but they really serve no purpose. I think it possible they need to be scaled back. Put one or two small bombed out buildings, but the extent that you have gone to has made the whole area very hard to assault from the North, and easy as pie to defend from the South.

The left side cut off is far more hard to get to and cut off when compared with the right side. THe left side has a fence blocking it and tree lines to go around, where as the right side can simply be cut off by walking down and the road and going into the point and capping it. My point is the left side is a lot easier to defend then the right side. One mine on the north side of the fence to kill the entire squad vaulting the fence is all that is needed on the left side.

Happy to discuss this over TS at anytime.
11 Apr 2015, 09:22 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I appreciate your effort, thank you. Now if more people could share their opinion.
11 Apr 2015, 09:57 AM

There is this small death trap where your units will get stuck on retreat near the east fuel. I saw it on Lovenest stream. It was in that small corner of the castle where you can walk up the ramp to the elevated shooting position. Once his unit retreated from that position, they got stuck in the corner instead of walking down the ramp.
11 Apr 2015, 10:37 AM

So far i´ve played this map only a few times, only as okw and always on the northern position, in 1vs1.

I think it´s too big for 1vs1 and I can´t find a good spot for the med-hq.
The problem with the med-hq is that depending on where you put it, your troops will decide to retreat back to the normal hq. If you try to set it up in a position where this is less likely to happen you have to place it in the open field, which is not a good idea.

I´ve also watched a few livegames in which the okw-player always got the northern startingposition aswell and always lost.
If it was vs usf everything went alright until the rifles got either m1919 or bars and as soon as the major was set up as a forward retreat it was a going downhill for okw, the first sherman was the final nail in the coffin. Raketenwerfer just wont stand a chance and if you have to retreat them it takes forever, while the sherman can chase and kill them.

Vs sov it went alright untill maxim+ 120mm mortar, supported by that quad50-halftrack...

I haven´t palyed this map as allied so far and I haven´t played from the southern spawn, but so far I would say northern spawn is a bit at a disadvantage and this map is just too big for 1 vs 1.

11 Apr 2015, 10:41 AM
Donator 11

Its a fine map but Relic obviously don't care about quality so they put it in 1v1 rotation aswell which it is way too big for.
11 Apr 2015, 12:39 PM
Donator 11

remove it from 1v1 rotation
11 Apr 2015, 19:04 PM
Donator 22

I like Eindhoven :) thanks for the map! :clap::):thumb:
22 Jun 2015, 19:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 09:22 AMSpanky
I appreciate your effort, thank you. Now if more people could share their opinion.

Great map so far one of my favorite ones... Great balance and very pretty.

but why is there this stupid fence? :/
pretty annoying imo... or is it just me?

22 Jun 2015, 19:33 PM
Donator 22

I think Eindhoven could be one of my favorite maps except for two problems:

1. Starting south is hell. The amount of clutter from the trees makes it impossible for axis to set mgs. The house has no windows facing the VP meaning that it is only useful for the northern player. These two advantages give the northern player an enormous advantage in game. I think this needs to be made more symmetrical, or the house should be changed to be similar to the grey house north of the VP, with Windows on all sides, and a relatively weak structure, making it easier to clear. I also think it just needs to be moved away from the cutoff the the right, probably closer to the munitions point. If this house was fixed, and about helf of the southern forest was removed, this would be a great map. That house and that forest is just messing up the flow of the map to a huge degree.

2. Bushes are inconsistent. Some are shot blockers, some aren't. Some give line of sight, some don't. Again, this us especially prevalent near the southern munitions point. It's inconsistency makes it very hard to engage in infantry battles and to use team weapons effectively.

3. Both fuel points need to be more harrasable. It seems like they're too easily fortified, with a ton of of LOS and shot blockers. The north fuel needs to be moved more towards the center while the south fuel needs to be opened up a bit. It's very easy to lock it down.

4. Just in general, there seems to be a lot of random objects that make pathing difficult. I don't have a list on me right now, but things like stray trees or objects that should be crushable but aren't. It'd be nice if the map was a little decluttered, but I don't think this is a huge deal honestly.
22 Jun 2015, 20:28 PM

Fun map but y always my enemy have a guard motor on this map, maybe is bug?

If serious - the house outside the southern spawm is a pain for south team if it gets taken, especially vs FHQ. Hold all the cutoffs!!1!

But one of my favourite maps!
22 Jun 2015, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 19:16 PMSwonVIP

Great map so far one of my favorite ones... Great balance and very pretty.

but why is there this stupid fence? :/
pretty annoying imo... or is it just me?

I dont like it either. I dont think having fences in the middle of a capping circle is a good idea.
Then there is the house, wtf! :) How are you supposed to handle it from the south?
Keep up the good work!
22 Jun 2015, 23:24 PM

Permanently Banned
house in the south can be an issue for the defender. It can also be an issue for the attacker.

map is fine tbh
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS