PAGES (9)down
Should OKW be able to build caches?
Option Distribution Votes
31%
69%
Total votes: 159
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Apr 2015, 16:31 PM

A simple question really. What does the community feel about the OKW being able to build caches?

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in my posts and topics are soley those of the original author (Napalm). These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Relic, the developers, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
10 Apr 2015, 16:34 PM

Yes if they remove resources conversion.
But since we know Relic won't do such thing then... No.

I mean... Just imagine 3 caches + muni->fuel. That would be insane.
10 Apr 2015, 16:45 PM

No, but if anything caches need to be nerfed all around. They are the main cause of things getting so out of hand as game modes get larger.
10 Apr 2015, 16:53 PM

Give them the ability to make caches, remove resource conversion. That or give them Opal blitz trucks that cost 320 MP instead of 200.

Something needs to be done to stop the OKW MP float, because there is nothing for OKW to spend MP on because of the fuel penalty + lack of support weapons.

EDIT: And If you want a reason why Opals instead of Caches; Opals don't benefit team mates so you couldn't play team games with all OKW and be able to boost each others income using caches.
10 Apr 2015, 16:59 PM
Donator 11

What a cache adds to your economy should depend on map size. Right now they are useless in 1v1, in good spot in 2v2 and OP in 3v3 and 4v4 because of being multipled by the noumber of players and points on the map. Then they can get ones (but keeping their fuel penalty also on cache income).

Something needs to be done to stop the OKW MP float, because there is nothing for OKW to spend MP on because of the fuel penalty + lack of support weapons.

Alex admitted that okw floats MP :o :hyper: :o
10 Apr 2015, 17:05 PM

Iv always said OKW floats MP. There isn't anything to spend it on other than more infantry units because of the fact you have a grand total of 2 support weapons in the game (3 if you can't the MG34) for OKW and on top of that your never spending MP on tanks.

Giving OKW more options to spend MP on is an excellent idea that I fully support.
10 Apr 2015, 18:59 PM

First of all, I appreciate your effort gathering information from community.

To answer the OP, absolutely not (unless you remove resource transfer), because of a couple of main reasons:

1. It will add a whole new dimension of balance problems in large games. Even 2v2 double OKW will be unstoppable
2. OKW has a buttload of unspent MP
3. Just imagine buildin 2 caches of muni (400MP which is an Ober squad), then transferring all of that muni to fuel, or vice versa.

Here is what will happen in a typical 2v2 double OKW game:
each player build 1-2 Muni caches ---> Schreckblob for each ---> Covert to fuel ---> Hello 12 minute mark KT.
10 Apr 2015, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 18:59 PMRMMLz
First of all, I appreciate your effort gathering information from community.

To answer the OP, absolutely not (unless you remove resource transfer), because of a couple of main reasons:

1. It will add a whole new dimension of balance problems in large games. Even 2v2 double OKW will be unstoppable
2. OKW has a buttload of unspent MP
3. Just imagine buildin 2 caches of muni (400MP which is an Ober squad), then transferring all of that muni to fuel, or vice versa.

Here is what will happen in a typical 2v2 double OKW game:
each player build 1-2 Muni caches ---> Schreckblob for each ---> Covert to fuel ---> Hello 12 minute mark KT.

The MP float is a symptom of OKW not having enough fuel to spend MP on things other than infantry, so what exactly would be the issue if they could spend that MP on making things other than just more hordes of infantry?

OKW being able to make more tanks is a good thing, and It would be fine if they removed conversion but added caches, although I still think Opal trucks would make more sense balance wise and thematically as well.
10 Apr 2015, 19:05 PM

Only munitions caches...this would allow the better usage of Commanders.
10 Apr 2015, 19:29 PM

I think the opel trucks idea so it isnt OP in team games since only one truck can be put on a point. If you have Fuel trucks as well then i think taking off the conversion from t2 OKW is appropriate.

10 Apr 2015, 19:57 PM

Only under a certain condition such as the above suggestion or similar ^

Spending manpower and only benefitting yourself is better than someone spending manpower and everyone benefitting.

As in, that is more agreeable to have allowed...

Nothing that undermines T2 conversion, and preferably something that only helps the owner.
10 Apr 2015, 20:22 PM

No, it goes against faction design just as giving USF heavy tank or allowing soviets to build all tiers.
10 Apr 2015, 20:28 PM
Patrion 28

The MP float is a symptom of OKW not having enough fuel to spend MP on things other than infantry, so what exactly would be the issue if they could spend that MP on making things other than just more hordes of infantry?

OKW being able to make more tanks is a good thing, and It would be fine if they removed conversion but added caches, although I still think Opal trucks would make more sense balance wise and thematically as well.

their vehicles being designed (imo poorly) to be scarce. if they had a standard fuel income their shit would all be either dirt cheap or massively overpowered by everyone else's standards.
10 Apr 2015, 20:35 PM

their vehicles being designed (imo poorly) to be scarce. if they had a standard fuel income their shit would all be either dirt cheap or massively overpowered by everyone else's standards.

I think the huge MP float is much more OP because it encourages blobbing. I would rather OKW have more options with a blitz truck type system than keep the dumb system we have now that results in mega hordes of infantry
10 Apr 2015, 20:49 PM
Patrion 28

I think the huge MP float is much more OP because it encourages blobbing. I would rather OKW have more options with a blitz truck type system than keep the dumb system we have now that results in mega hordes of infantry

that's my point. they have shit tons of mp; if you give them fuel/munitions too it'll be fucking retarded.
10 Apr 2015, 20:56 PM

Removing resources penalty and giving ability to build caches would require complete army redesign. Changin units coming out from different biildings., higher tech prices, getting rid off some units as well and moving KT to a commander. Panther will have to go T4, Vet5 will have to go and many more...

I don't think that's a good idea.
10 Apr 2015, 21:06 PM

that's my point. they have shit tons of mp; if you give them fuel/munitions too it'll be fucking retarded.

They have shit tons of MP because they don't have the fuel to spend the MP on other things. While every other faction is making armor your sitting around twiddling your thumbs just pumping out more infantry.

Which do you think it least cancerous? OKW being able to get some more armor, or the continued prevelance of giant hordes of anti-everything infantry that we have now?

MP drains are good! And OKW should have more of them.

Removing resources penalty and giving ability to build caches would require complete army redesign. Changin units coming out from different biildings., higher tech prices, getting rid off some units as well and moving KT to a commander. Panther will have to go T4, Vet5 will have to go and many more...

I don't think that's a good idea.

Nobody is saying remove the resource penalty. OKW already can benefit from caches are a reduced rate, this is just asking of they should be allowed to make them instead of relying on Ostheer team mates.

10 Apr 2015, 21:08 PM

I think OKW should not be able to build them at all.
11 Apr 2015, 00:14 AM

OKW definitely need something to spend their excess manpower on, but I'm not sure fuel/munitions caches wouldn't break the faction.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
Korea, Republic Of 4
Russian Federation 81
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L