Login

russian armor

Help with 1v1s as ostheer

8 Apr 2015, 15:31 PM

been trying out ostheer in 1v1s and have been struggling a lot, some feedback on a replay would be nice.
I figured he would try mass cons and i thought i handled it well at first but it was just such a struggle to push out and recap the map as his ptrs cons shut down light vehicle play and seriously hamper even medium tanks with support, i understand it leaves him without late game call in tanks but its a struggle to get out your own without being overrun.
8 Apr 2015, 17:51 PM

Hey buddy, I saw through the piece of videofootage :)

You did well early, you had a couple inf-matchups that wasn't too well executed, but he made the biggest mistakes of losing a lot of squads. So you did fine.

Midgame you should had had an early P4 out, it can really punish his OPenis blob (front armor ofc!)

Later you even captures this tank - you know he can kill it instantly, so you could had retreated to base with the tanks and pios and repaired them there + reinforce pios! The comeback was possible.

Also, needed AT-earlier ofc.

This is what I could give you from the match :) Hope you take the critisism!

NICE DAY BUDDY
8 Apr 2015, 19:01 PM

I am with Lenny on this one mostly.

Couple things.
When you hit the 10 minute mark especially if you're low on map control consider getting a pac.

early game was good but your map control was abysmal. Work on moving your line forward after your get him to retreat instead of just camping.

I noticed you went assault gren doctrine. Yet the only thing you used was the 230. I would not build tier 2 and used the stug e's from the doctrine and save for your tiger. stug e and pac combo is a good time.

Lenny was right about pulling your captured t34 back to your base. That should be automatic.

Lenny said you P4 was early. I didnt think so. I thought you could of had it about 3 minutes sooner. Maybe I am wrong.

thanks for the replay. Had fun watching it.

Jeeves.

8 Apr 2015, 19:01 PM

weird question but what's the best course of action when you find your inf in a bad match up at a crucial position? just retreating is an option but if its your fuel fuel or cutoff it's not really a good idea to cede it to the enemy especially when cons can throw up those sandbags.

also what's a good oh build order? ive been enjoying the gren,mg,gren,sniper build but i doubt its competitive against a decent player
8 Apr 2015, 19:03 PM

i was plannign to go for the stug e but the ptrs would of shut it down quickly
8 Apr 2015, 19:09 PM

weird question but what's the best course of action when you find your inf in a bad match up at a crucial position? just retreating is an option but if its your fuel fuel or cutoff it's not really a good idea to cede it to the enemy especially when cons can throw up those sandbags.

also what's a good oh build order? ive been enjoying the gren,mg,gren,sniper build but i doubt its competitive against a decent player

I think its easy to want to try and duke it out but I wouldn't fight any battles you cant win. You will just bleed yourself dry and have no manpower for anything else. Consider retreat. reposition, and heavy flanking to regain the ground you lost. Dont focus to much on one point. COH is all about options. Enemy has your fuel. take the point behind it. Enemy has bottom star, take the top. etc etc.

No comment on build order. I think its more personal preference then what is competitive.

Yes with unfortunately new ptrs cheese it makes it tougher but I think the stug e still holds a good chance. Experiment and see if it works for you.
22 Apr 2015, 02:30 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Comment about build order:

I find that having 3-4 Grenadiers and 1-2 weapon teams is good.

In some cases, against a fast M20, you will need to tech and get a very very fast Pak gun to counter, or pray to RNGesus for a lucky teller mine.

I usually go Gren Gren MG Gren.

From there you should have a pretty stable force; you can then go Gren MG or Gren Mortar or just get a sniper and then tech.

You can also get a sniper after you have a Pak out, but then that adds to the chance of available counters.

Although that could also mean that the enemy does not have any counter to a ten minute sniper.

A general guideline is to have two mainline infantry squads per 1 weapon team. Please don't spam Assault Grenadiers also. Baaad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★