Login

russian armor

Using Hotkeys

7 Apr 2015, 12:25 PM

Do you use them? Just curious to how everyone plays as I've always been rather reluctant to use them myself even since CoH1 days. Well, anything past R to reinforce and T to retreat.

I've been trying to get in the habit of keying units but I'll usually only bother binding unit keys to my MG/Sniper/Vehicles as on base infantry it just seems too much to bother with, especially if I end up playing soviets and opening with like 6 con squads.

7 Apr 2015, 12:49 PM

Yes, for most actions. Only left clicking I do is clicking on tac map.

Its personal preference tho. But I think using hot keys for exiting buildings, trowing nades, repairing, switching ammo type, and building standard units/mines/wire is really important. Saves a lot of time.

I made my own macros on my keyboard (steelseries Apex)

7 Apr 2015, 12:49 PM

Yup. It has improved my unit preservation as my mouse is not needed for abilities but merely for selecting, moving, tac map and scrolling my screen while the keyboard hand handles the rest.

EDIT: Like the 2 below me said, Grid Keys configuration is love, ..... is lyfe.
7 Apr 2015, 13:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I like grid keys, since you don't have to remember any hotkeys or reach across the keyboard,, you just have to know where the ability is on the HUD,, and how they correlate on your keyboard and then blah blah blah till your fingers and eyes coordinate.
7 Apr 2015, 14:32 PM

^
Gird keys are awesome, its very easy to learn them and your reactions in the game will be much faster.
7 Apr 2015, 15:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

only downside is when you select both an atgun and infantry squad and you're wondering why your infantry is not retreating :D
(since reverse takes priority over retreat, retreat is bumped towards the next row
7 Apr 2015, 17:10 PM

I use hotkeys for everything
7 Apr 2015, 17:17 PM

I exclusively use hotkeys (grid) to command my units. When you use classical hotkeys you have some uncomfortable locations for some important buttons (like U for reverse move)
7 Apr 2015, 17:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

only downside is when you select both an atgun and infantry squad and you're wondering why your infantry is not retreating :D
(since reverse takes priority over retreat, retreat is bumped towards the next row

Guilty of losing too many units because of this.
7 Apr 2015, 18:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Hotkeys have definitely helped me to improve since I have started to use them. When you use hotkeys you can focus more on engagements I feel.

+1 Sarantini :lol:
10 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

If you only use retreat/reinforce currently, I would try to add the new ones in a few at a time. Grenades and Pfausts are the next thing you should add. These are two of the most time-sensitive abilities in the game and getting them off on time is the difference between disabling vehicles and wiping squads and wasted munitions.

Also know that pressing "S" on standard config will stop an in-progress animation. Use this to cancel a molotov or grenade throw when your opponent starts to move their squad after they see the wind-up animation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS