Login

russian armor

What maps do you miss from CoH1

8 Apr 2015, 07:53 AM
Donator 11

Gilroy's Harbor anyone?..... Redball was an awesome 3v3 map, I miss that one the most
8 Apr 2015, 07:55 AM

I'll happily take your word for it - when I checked back in vCoH just now, it seemed to suggest (2) as in 1v1 !! :unsure:

Oh ok, probably I'm wrong then or they changed it since I last played. :)

Although I found this (hope I am allowed to post that here):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202868305

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=210163397
8 Apr 2015, 07:58 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

That's fine, Carronade. :)
8 Apr 2015, 08:04 AM

I really miss Beach Assault, St. Mere Dumont, Wolfheze, Gilroy's Harbor, Red Ball Express, and Steel Pact. There's a decent St. Mere Dumont remake on Steam workshop, but the douchebag who made it completely f'ing ruined it with high population, high income, and map-specific call-in units. Like what the hell...

There's some really good maps in the Eastern Front mod as well, but I can't remember them by name.
8 Apr 2015, 08:08 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@kothre

No point in adding Eastern Front modding maps - our Mapmakers are looking at the Relic vCoH maps.
8 Apr 2015, 08:10 AM

I don't expect them to be added. I'm just mentioning them (in one sentence and not even by name) because there were some legitimately good maps in it.

I didn't even know this was a real map request thread. I thought we were just brainstorming here, anyway.
8 Apr 2015, 08:28 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 08:10 AMKothre
I don't expect them to be added. I'm just mentioning them (in one sentence and not even by name) because there were some legitimately good maps in it.

I didn't even know this was a real map request thread. I thought we were just brainstorming here, anyway.

I have no problem with you mentioning Mod maps ;)

Our Mapmakers are reviewing vCoH maps which could be adapted, so yes, this poll and thread may assist them :)
8 Apr 2015, 08:58 AM

Red Ball's the only really good CoH1 map left I think. Duclair was kinda a campfest, but there's no Brits in CoH2 so maybe it'll be better. The rest of the 1v1 maps were kinda meh, though it would be cool to get Argentan or OnkelSam's last 1v1 map.

I assume you mean Bois du Chatelet ? That one's already in the game under the name Crossing in the woods.
8 Apr 2015, 10:27 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

8 Apr 2015, 10:49 AM

Sturzdorf, Wolfheze, Redball Express, Steel Pact.

All much better then the new maps we got with the latest patch.
8 Apr 2015, 11:42 AM

Poll added

Thank you - what a great idea! (I should have thought of that...<444>_<444>)
8 Apr 2015, 12:23 PM

I liked Sturzdorf a lot, and Lorraine and Duclair were some of my favorite 2v2s. Linden is in the poll as a 4v4 but wasn't it a 2v2 in COH1? Granted, it was pretty big and probably better suited to 3v3 or 4v4.

I'd also like to see some of the Eastern Front mod maps. Alsace Moselle?
8 Apr 2015, 12:28 PM

Angoville was the last 1v1 i missed. I missed it hard. Amazing map.

Id like to see Wolfheze, RED BALL EXPRESS (especially this one, the only map that made teamgames enjoyable for me) and Hochwald Gap return. Hochwald wasnt a bad 4v4 map.

Oh, and Scheldt pls. Its classic.
8 Apr 2015, 12:53 PM
Senior Editor Badge

8 Apr 2015, 13:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I liked Sturzdorf a lot, and Lorraine and Duclair were some of my favorite 2v2s. Linden is in the poll as a 4v4 but wasn't it a 2v2 in COH1? Granted, it was pretty big and probably better suited to 3v3 or 4v4.

Thank you. :) Poll edited. :blush:

8 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 11:42 AMpugzii

Thank you - what a great idea! (I should have thought of that...<444>_<444>)

My pleasure - but I cheated, bcs I only took suggestions from this thread, whereas if you started from the beginning,you might have had to copy out the whole lot :D

I'll leave it with you now.
8 Apr 2015, 13:36 PM

Red Ball is definitely a classic. It and Scheldt are the most played 3v3s and of course are usually played by different types of people. And I have heard it called both pro-allies and pro-axis (which means it is fair?).

I was thinking Scheldt would be interesting. Oh, I hate the map. But it is certainly a classic, so much so that a lot of people still know Inverse's youtube strategy guide. (Yes, there is such a thing, look it up.) But I figured it would highlight the differences between the two games. Then I realized it might not:

It was about waiting for an endgame while Axis artillery (which was more pop-efficient than allied artillery) whittled away at the allies, and then an endgame of super armor accompanied by a vetted infantry blob steamroll the allied positions.
8 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM
Coder Red Badge

Scheldt #1 competitive tournament map. Strategies so complex they're impossible to comprehend. Truly a masterpiece of RTS map design.
8 Apr 2015, 13:55 PM

So, the poll might be:-

1v1
  • Ruins of Rouen
  • Wrecked Train
  • Strurzdorf
  • Argentan Crossroads
  • Verrieres Ridge
  • Beach Assault
  • St Mere Dumont

2v2
  • Wolfheze
  • McGaechens War
  • Lyon
  • Lorraine
  • Gilroys Harbour

3v3
  • Redball Express
  • Vimoutiers
  • S....s...s...s...Scheldt

4v4
  • Route N13
  • Montargis
  • Steel Pact
  • Hochwald Gap
  • Achelous River
  • Linden

I will leave it a couple of hours, in case there are any other last minute additions. I have not included Duclair, since that map has already been adapted.

Edited

well if duclair is out because there is already a version of it in steam, then you can remove Wrecked Train , because of same reason (the version in steam is really poor in graphics, though).

Just found too some versions of Lorraine, Achelous River, Beach Assault, and some others.....Something wrong with those map already shared in the workshop??? Aren´t good ports to COH2 for any reasons?? didn´t play on them, only in WT, and the only thing I noticed is that graphics were really poor compared to other s COH2 maps...

EDIT: shouldn´t the pool allow to select more than one map in each game mode??? or maybe have only one big pool where people can select three or four maps???

What if someone is not interested in 4s´ for example???

Should I only select one map form the game modes I usually play??? leaving 3s´and 4s´ in my case without a selected option because I don´t care about those game modes???

excuse my bad english...trying to improve it everyday....
8 Apr 2015, 14:08 PM

Am I missing something? Why would an existing map preclude making another, better, version?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★