Login

russian armor

Afraid to start ranked cant beat expert bot

18 Aug 2015, 01:56 AM

as the topic says guys i am desperate. I wanna play ranked but i dont want to get my b.tt handed to me so i thought if i can beat expert bot i might have a chance. But cannot win aganist expert ai dont even know how to deal with normal peoples strat (like maxim spam or ptrs and all that stuff i dont even know) what shall i do?

Edit: uploaded sovietai s epic comeback http://www.coh2.org/replay/33043/shameoffatherland

My suggestion to you:

Just DON'T CARE about the ladder for the time being.

play the game as much as you like, work on the faction or factions you like the most, and work out which mods you like better, etc.

After a while, you will def. get better, and later on if you are competitive enough and still around you can climb the ladder quick that suits close to how you are either AT or random. but to start with JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LADDER.

And btw, even though I agree AI cheats (you can simply find that out by watching the replay and watching the expert AI's income) starting to play with hard AI and then expert is a good way to practice in some ways
18 Aug 2015, 02:01 AM

as the topic says guys i am desperate. I wanna play ranked but i dont want to get my b.tt handed to me so i thought if i can beat expert bot i might have a chance. But cannot win aganist expert ai dont even know how to deal with normal peoples strat (like maxim spam or ptrs and all that stuff i dont even know) what shall i do?

Edit: uploaded sovietai s epic comeback http://www.coh2.org/replay/33043/shameoffatherland

Make some friends do unranked 1v1 vs them, will give you a better idea of where you stand. Heres my steam ID in my profile if u wanna go a few rounds.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001130820/
21 Aug 2015, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2015, 23:37 PMMortar
To the OP:

Might I suggest you watch some pro players stream? It's amazing how much you can pick up just watching a good player play.

Some good streams to watch are HelpingHans, Romeo, VonIvan, Siberian, Ciez, Lemon, Dusty, and others which I apologize to if I forgot to mention you. :)

And its also good to watch jesulins games , freememory aceptante (even if he is weird) and never forgot OMGPOP
5 Sep 2015, 04:16 AM
Patrion 27

I played through vCOH back in the day and tried 2 1v1 automatches and was terrified and ran with my tail between my legs.

Then Coh2 came out and I jumped immediately into automatch and had a blast. You are going to play against players that are around the same skill level as you or lower until you win a couple matches. Don't worry about winning or losing, and just have fun learning how to play against people.
5 Sep 2015, 08:40 AM

What does it really matter if you lose some games? You'll learn a lot quicker this way playing against actual people. Also the matcher will eventually put you up against people who are equally bad - so you will get good games out of it. Don't be afraid of losing, it makes you better in the long run.
6 Sep 2015, 03:00 AM

as the topic says guys i am desperate. I wanna play ranked but i dont want to get my b.tt handed to me <snip>

Just play. The game's purpose should be about having fun, not aggrandizement of ego. Who among us actually likes or intends to lose? The ego loves to win, but as long as you learn is the important thing. Ignore the griefers and always be sportsmanlike in your play, win or lose. Make 'gracious in victory or defeat' your mantra. It's a g a m e.

It takes time and hands on in the real environment to accrue skills in this game. Research and the hypotheticals can take you only so far. They are training aids rather than 'the' or 'an' end in themselves.

Ultimately the salient advice I would offer -works for me, just enjoy the journey rather than obsess about that perfect "Endsieg".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★