Login

russian armor

Afraid to start ranked cant beat expert bot

5 Apr 2015, 22:12 PM

Play as soviets. I started with them and won first 8/10 of games.
Now i'm trying to play as OST and well i got used to getting owned :P

Unfortunately coh doesnt have many players and most of them are 'veterans', so you will be matched with them most of the time, what makes losing more probable.. but hey, there's no other way to learn than practice, right?

[and i believe expert cpu is kinda "cheating" - i think it has increased resources flow or sth + well cpu can actually multitask. human cannot ;) ]
5 Apr 2015, 23:13 PM

@roarr yeah you are right i think. And thank you for couraging me,i played some pratice games with soviets today they seem more forgiving to mistakes than Ostheer(but ostheer still has the badass tanks that can 1 shot my entire cons)

Edit:here is a the last game i played today with soviets!
http://www.coh2.org/replay/33113/contains-so-much-tiger-tanks
6 Apr 2015, 10:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Also:

Don't be concerned if someone on your team drops, until you get better chances are the AI will be good enough as a teammate. Especially as how a lot of opponents get complacent when the AI takes over

Don't be too concerned if you come up against an arranged team, many of them suck
17 Apr 2015, 08:54 AM

Jump in buddy, plenty of inexperienced players to take on.

I recommend knowing your build order before you start, its better to adapt in game but i'd save that until you're more comfortable playing vs players and have an idea of timings etc.

I'd start like this:

soviet (guard motor): 3 conscript, team weapons as required, guards, hold out for T34/85s
ost: 3 grenadiers, 1 mg42, 1 pak, pzIV
okw: 4 volks (spare manpower on mg34s/raketenwerfers), PZII, Panther
usf: 3 rifle, lt, m20, shermans

They're far from optimal and will situationally not work at all but they're easy to do and you won't get rolled over in your first few games.

Try not to float too much manpower, another infantry squad, some AT guns, infantry healing never hurt.

Have fun! its only a game
17 Apr 2015, 09:15 AM

Best way to practice is to jump into multiplayer right away, and watch gameplay casts and commentaries. Beginner-level players are easier to go up against, so you'll have a more appropriate experience, and there are only 2 possible outcomes:

You win or you learn!
1 Jun 2015, 21:12 PM

Winning against people is much easier than winning against expert in 2v2.

1 Jun 2015, 22:38 PM

wow so im really bad :/

No, he forgot to mention the replacement AI is usually Easy or Normal, rather than Hard or Expert. :foreveralone:

When I was a beginner in the CoH franchise the things that got me away from playing 2v2/3v3/4v4 campfests vs AI was watching what higher lvl players did via replays, casts, and streams.
If you don't feel that competitive yet I'd recommend just to stick around and have fun in the 3v3/4v4 realm, usually it'll involve inexperienced players like yourself and be a good start to how the game goes.

1 Jun 2015, 22:53 PM
Patrion 14

I read on some other Coh forum

TRAITOR :snfQuinn:
1 Jun 2015, 23:37 PM
Donator 22

To the OP:

Might I suggest you watch some pro players stream? It's amazing how much you can pick up just watching a good player play.

Some good streams to watch are HelpingHans, Romeo, VonIvan, Siberian, Ciez, Lemon, Dusty, and others which I apologize to if I forgot to mention you. :)
2 Jun 2015, 00:00 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2015, 23:37 PMMortar
To the OP:

Might I suggest you watch some pro players stream? It's amazing how much you can pick up just watching a good player play.

Some good streams to watch are HelpingHans, Romeo, VonIvan, Siberian, Ciez, Lemon, Dusty, and others which I apologize to if I forgot to mention you. :)

Much dissapoint.
20 Jun 2015, 07:18 AM

I say go for it. I started off playing against AI as well and was afraid to take the leap of faith. Admittedly I did suck and found myself avoiding 1v1/2v2 (where true skill is shown). However eventually I got better, and do not regret it. It is incredibly satisfying to beat a human in a hard fought game. Can't say the same for playing against the AI.
20 Jun 2015, 08:44 AM

If you are so afraid for your stats, use a smurf account (steam family share option) for your 10-20 first games until you feel confortable and then use your main account.
13 Aug 2015, 20:27 PM

The expert AI also is able to multitask to a level that is unattainable to humans. They can click on everything at once and have them do everything within a second.
15 Aug 2015, 05:53 AM

Hey, if you want to play some games, just send me a friend request on Steam. I'm El Conquistador de Amor on Steam. I'd be happy to play with you either in 1v1s or team games.
15 Aug 2015, 15:39 PM

thanks sending. Btw i didnt know steam can allow that long names :o
16 Aug 2015, 13:08 PM
Patrion 14

as the topic says guys i am desperate. I wanna play ranked but i dont want to get my b.tt handed to me so i thought if i can beat expert bot i might have a chance. But cannot win aganist expert ai dont even know how to deal with normal peoples strat (like maxim spam or ptrs and all that stuff i dont even know) what shall i do?

Edit: uploaded sovietai s epic comeback http://www.coh2.org/replay/33043/shameoffatherland

I know that feel bro. But like everyone has said around here, you just have to jump in and try. You'll only learn.

Also, I suggest signing up for the Mentor program on here. It will help tons.
I'm always looking for people to play with on COH2.
Let me know if you want me to add you and we can play some games.
16 Aug 2015, 16:14 PM
Patrion 28

as the topic says guys i am desperate. I wanna play ranked but i dont want to get my b.tt handed to me so i thought if i can beat expert bot i might have a chance. But cannot win aganist expert ai dont even know how to deal with normal peoples strat (like maxim spam or ptrs and all that stuff i dont even know) what shall i do?

Edit: uploaded sovietai s epic comeback http://www.coh2.org/replay/33043/shameoffatherland

Don't know if anyone said this yet but unless you are in top 50 or so you will sometimes still get matched with someone that will seriously kick your ass. So you just have to learn to accept it. Do your best, play lots of games, watch streams, casts, you will get better.
17 Aug 2015, 21:46 PM

If only there was more people who actually learned every aspect of the game before playing automatch. I get paired with people who have fuckin' 30 hours logged in total every single time I do 3v3. The axis team always gets the benefit of the doubt for some reason.
18 Aug 2015, 00:08 AM
Donator 11

If only there was more people who actually learned every aspect of the game before playing automatch. I get paired with people who have fuckin' 30 hours logged in total every single time I do 3v3. The axis team always gets the benefit of the doubt for some reason.

That's because you're unranked in 3v3, with low ELO.

(MM in 3v3 / 4v4 is "screwed up", no matter what though)
18 Aug 2015, 00:17 AM

I just need to play with that really good 3rd teammate. Everyone plays as Axis and it sucks because we need a really good Allied player and we cannot find one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 30
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %