Login

russian armor

OH Sniper

1 Apr 2015, 18:16 PM

I think it is op in its current state.
If i remember correctly it has now as much health as the soviet counterpart but only being 1 guy.
Would be "balanced" right ?Problem is soviets permanantly have to invest 90 mp to get the same survivability.
Not taking into account, for instance faster cloak time,reload,aim,incendiary.
Opinions pls :D

1 Apr 2015, 18:20 PM

The only way i can think truly think of Ost Sniper being OP is if USF goes Captain and has save up a bit of resources before it can be able to handle the sniper. But most strats of Soviets/USF can take down the Ost sniper well.

It deserves the spotlight, as its something different than just a load of grens.
1 Apr 2015, 18:25 PM

Hmm dont think so,as usf you dont really have options except for vehicles or flanks.
Before patch sniper was high risk high reward now its like high reward and almost no risk due to health and its basic skills
1 Apr 2015, 18:28 PM

A single model also means one crit and it's over. Don't just glance at the advantage and forget about the rest.
1 Apr 2015, 18:31 PM

Having two guys gives you the advantage that some lucky AT shot etc. won't kill your whole squad, the German Sniper will be gone completely. So this can be actually an advantage, since I would rather pay some reinforcement than lose my whole sniper + experience.

Soviet Sniper fights smaller squads generally so this makes up somewhat for reload. What remains is incendiary vs flares and the better cloak on German Sniper.
1 Apr 2015, 18:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'd imagine RE spam them caches m20 Rush would work VS ost sniper

Sorta like gren spam to 222 vs soviet sniper, except more efficient

1 Apr 2015, 19:00 PM

Crits are really rare and to get crits you actually have to hit ,btw never seen 1 hit kill sniper but yeah maybe i am noob.
Allies are close-mid combat units vice versa with grens its easier to kill snipers.
I'd imagine RE spam them caches m20 Rush would work VS ost sniper

Sorta like gren spam to 222 vs soviet sniper, except more efficient

May be a good idea though if he goes usual build and then sniper it will hardly work.
1 Apr 2015, 19:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Just happened to me :D
1 Apr 2015, 19:04 PM

Haha i feel sry for you.
Dont stand still :D
1 Apr 2015, 19:05 PM

@Don't know:
Today you just killed my sniper with your M20 by chaising it into the base, after u forced a retreat of it. You didn't have any problems doing it.... Conclusion: Sniper still dies against hard counter. Thing that is changed: sniper doesn't die from looking at it.
1 Apr 2015, 19:07 PM

Really ?didnt know, maybe i already forgot that :D
Why didnt you support your sniper properly ?One Faust and i cant chase you anymore
1 Apr 2015, 19:11 PM

One Faust and i cant chase you anymore
Magic glue
1 Apr 2015, 19:30 PM

As I said in the patch feedback thread, the Wehrmacht sniper is a 100% straight upgrade to his Soviet counterpart. Whether or not he's OP on his own right isn't my issue with him. Outside of sniper duels, there is literally absolutely nothing the Soviet sniper does better now. He can take the same amount of hits now without having to reinforce, can cloak for a few seconds outside of cover, fires faster, and has a way better vet ability. It's ridiculous. Plus, he comes at a more useful tier.
1 Apr 2015, 19:36 PM

A single model also means one crit and it's over. Don't just glance at the advantage and forget about the rest.

Except a lot of crits don't mean that it is over. Flanking a sniper and throwing a grenade over a wall and under his feet will not kill it. Hitting it directly with a rocket won't kill it. Hitting it in the face with an M42 AT gun won't kill it. Hitting it directly with a mortar will not kill it. Hitting it in the face with a bazooka won't kill it. Most of these things will kill a soviet sniper team because of their low health and the AoE damage; or at least will cause 90mp bleed. The only crits that kills the OH sniper that will not kill the SOV sniper, is a death crit caused by another sniper or an AT weapon with >82 damage and no AoE. The fact is that the OH sniper is now more survivable than the 2-man Sov sniper team, with the additional benefit of having a much better cloaking system.
1 Apr 2015, 19:44 PM

Thanks Aerohank at least one who understands.
60 Hp would be enough and the difference of 20 hp will just make up for his better stats.
1 Apr 2015, 20:10 PM

Or making the soviet sniper one man to?
1 Apr 2015, 20:12 PM

German sniper has to fight more entities in a squad which usually are cheaper to reinforce too.
1 Apr 2015, 20:18 PM

I am talking about survivability but ok.
Yes you are right it has to fight more entities,in the case of usf he just has to fight 5(4) man squads which usually cost 28 or more manpower.The manpower bleed dealt is the same when comparing OH/SOV not OH/USF.
1 Apr 2015, 20:21 PM

Being a 2 man team, and not getting oneshotted because of that is a huge advantage still. From my experience, most of those things that you listed Aerohank, do not wipe a soviet Sniper team.

I agree that he is now atleast on par with the Sovietsniper (no more sprint, finally), maybe even a bit better. But then we also have to consider the whole armys, not only the 2 units in a vacuum.
1 Apr 2015, 20:25 PM
Benefactor 115

ost sniper generally better, sov sniper wins 1v1.
use it for a couple weeks then post here again
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
United Kingdom 182
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %