Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
5 Apr 2015, 17:32 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

PTRS Accuracy increased from 0.03 / 0.0425 / 0.055 to 0.22 / 0.50 / 0.60

When something gets changed this drastically, you know there's gonna be problems. What is that, a ~700% increase? lol?
5 Apr 2015, 17:33 PM

Important to note that in the situation the PTRS is available (to Cons), Shock Troops, IS2's (the "when in doubt take") are unavailable - either will reduce the emphasis of AT on part of the Axis player(s) as it's likely the Soviet player is not going hard on Armour.

The main reason the PTRS is good is that it allows Conscripts to be useful outside of throwing AT-grenades and merge in the mid-late game. If the PTRS received something of a slight accuracy nerf, but the Cons themselves were improved: removing that ridiculous incoming accuracy modifer and giving them a non-doctrinal muni weapon for late game would be a fantastic start (but the latter is a drastic change Relic will likely not employ) you almost certainly would never see it used this much.

PTRS con blobs at the moment, besides the omnipresent "doctrinal" issues, doesn't have any unique drawbacks, but Relic will need to be careful in that they don't just return the Cons to borderline uselessness again.
5 Apr 2015, 17:56 PM

Of they going to remove PTRS AI capabilities its AT should be increased to decent level as before this weapon was kind of pointless.
If not then the weapon should remain effective.
5 Apr 2015, 18:20 PM

I really really hope they don't change the PTR.

Guards are now really useful and absolutely devastating when they hit vet 3, as they should be for elite call in troops.

I don't really care if they adjust the PTR for conscripts as I never even see that commander used as it's so bad, but I sure do hope the guards retain their level of effectiveness.
5 Apr 2015, 18:54 PM

I watched many matches, i tested them a lot, yes they are better, but still not a lot of people use those cmdrs why ? Because they are good but not op. «Strangely» in 3v3 or 4vs4, i rather see the same old commanders...

Is it a game breaking change ? Absolutely not. It's just make those those commanders less garbage that's all.

Only the kids used to win easy matches are whining...

Learn to #adapt.
5 Apr 2015, 19:19 PM
Donator 11

I watched many matches, i tested them a lot, yes they are better, but still not a lot of people use those cmdrs why ? ....
Only the kids used to win easy matches are whining...

4v4s are played by a huge crowd of casuals, for fun, they probably never even read the patch notes, nor do they care. Those players play the same meta, no matter the patch, no matter what they face.
And that's absolutely okay.

But imagine the LMG42 for Grens wouldn't just kill the crew of a Maxim, but the whole weapon as well - with a straight forward bumrush in seconds. And the sniping capability on retreat paths is also "fun".
Would you consider this a decent and intended feature?

P.S.: it isn't a matter of age, it's a matter of decent competition, ranking / skill, and balance.
It obv. isn't game breaking in the low 4v4 ranks.
5 Apr 2015, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 19:19 PMkamk
But imagine the LMG42 for Grens wouldn't just kill the crew of a Maxim, but the whole weapon as well - with a straight forward bumrush in seconds. And the sniping capability on retreat paths is also "fun".
Would you consider this a decent and intended feature?

A bunch of MG42 grens will just obliterate the crew from max range instead. With or without rifle nades.

The fact the crew weapon dies is just by merit of the gun interfering with the PTRS hitting the crew. Solving the gun blowing up won't change the fact that the 360 damage required to kill it will, instead, wipe the crew from the gunner's seat 4 times over.
5 Apr 2015, 19:36 PM

A bunch of MG42 grens will just obliterate the crew from max range instead. With or without rifle nades.

The fact the crew weapon dies is just by merit of the gun interfering with the PTRS hitting the crew. Solving the gun blowing up won't change the fact that the 360 damage required to kill it will, instead, wipe the crew from the gunner's seat 4 times over.

The DPS versus just regular infantry for the PTRS really isn't anything special, but the alpha damage it has in numbers blow any other "blob" out of the water thanks to the way squad health values work.

The Gren "blob" when entering combat will do good DPS, but it still takes time to kill the enemy. With the PTRS con blob you just stop, look at the enemy for about a second, and then said enemy just evaporates instantly.

It's silly easy to just roam the map instantly killing everything that dares cross your path, nothing in the game can do that. And when I mean instantly, I mean instantly.
5 Apr 2015, 19:41 PM

The DPS versus just regular infantry for the PTRS really isn't anything special, but the alpha damage it has in numbers blow any other "blob" out of the water thanks to the way squad health values work.

The Gren "blob" when entering combat will do good DPS, but it still takes time to kill the enemy. With the PTRS con blob you just stop, look at the enemy for about a second, and then said enemy just evaporates instantly.

It's silly easy to just roam the map instantly killing everything that dares cross your path, nothing in the game can do that. And when I mean instantly, I mean instantly.

I suggest you try to win some 3vs3 or 4vs4 using those allies commanders (PTRS users) after that we could have a talk. PTRS are better now, but not op at all.
5 Apr 2015, 20:08 PM

come on guys, PTRS is a bit too broken when it can smack down MGs like that... I tried it, it happens consistently. Even 3 squads with PTRS was enough to kill an enemy HMG team!
5 Apr 2015, 20:10 PM

come on guys, PTRS is a bit too broken when it can smack down MGs like that... I tried it, it happens consistently. Even 3 squads with PTRS was enough to kill an enemy HMG team!

I swear to god, my first thought after I read the PTRS buff was "Oh god, I hope I never have to face Lenny ever again".
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 41
unknown 26
Mexico 17
Germany 876

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L