Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
17 Apr 2015, 18:20 PM
Patrion 28

If they cost less fuel (from 75 to 50-55), they could be an option as a stop gap before your call in tanks. You'll able to have some indirect fire and supplementary AT against light/medium vehicles. T4 on 1v1 is already lackluster but on anything above can prove useful.

I'm more of smaller steps radical than several changes at the same time. It's hard to know how a completely new unit will behave in the game so it's easier to mess up with it's price. Right now it's really hard to justify it (even if you go T1-T4) when the performance doesn't correlate to it's price (if we compare to any of the other light/medium vehicles).

it would probably work fine in the poorly designed mess that is t4. i would still rather have it swapped with the t70 though...
17 Apr 2015, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 16:22 PMOlekman
I'm not sure if anybody posted this in the thread yet, but here goes nothing.

If the problem comes from the fact that Conscripts get a weapon accuracy and weapon damage modifiers with their vet, which makes the recently buffed PTRS on them too deadly, then why not just change the Conscripts' rifle .rgd file into one that has more accuracy as they level up INSTEAD of giving them the modifiers?

Side effect of this method is keeping the damage and accuracy of weapons picked up by Conscripts as a constant value, that is they wouldn't get better with Conscripts' veterancy.

This is one of the first suggestions, and IMO is the most logical one. Simply create a weapon profile for PTRS and nerf the accuracy for Cons but let Partisans and Guards enjoy the buff.
17 Apr 2015, 19:30 PM

If they cost less fuel (from 75 to 50-55), they could be an option as a stop gap before your call in tanks. You'll able to have some indirect fire and supplementary AT against light/medium vehicles. T4 on 1v1 is already lackluster but on anything above can prove useful.

[...]

Sad Soviet reality.
18 Apr 2015, 08:27 AM

i'm looking latest Generalsgentlemen cast

Con + PTRS damm it
18 Apr 2015, 10:12 AM
Patrion 310

i'm looking latest Generalsgentlemen cast

Con + PTRS damm it

dont know which that might be...Got a link?
18 Apr 2015, 10:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 17:40 PMKatitof

Just imagine the "SU-76 OP" thread :foreveralone:

What the hell were relic smoking when they let this thing barrage for free?
18 Apr 2015, 12:46 PM

dont know which that might be...Got a link?

http://www.twitch.tv/generalsgentlemen/b/651170928
Third game
19 Apr 2015, 12:12 PM

has anyone tried the tiger ace mission in the theater of war since this patch?
19 Apr 2015, 12:20 PM

has anyone tried the tiger ace mission in the theater of war since this patch?

I'm fairly certain that the PTRS used in the campaign is a different weapon profile.

Could be wrong, though. Regardless, it's a tiger, they weren't going to miss, and all that got buffed was accuracy.
19 Apr 2015, 17:55 PM

Permanently Banned

I'm fairly certain that the PTRS used in the campaign is a different weapon profile.

Could be wrong, though. Regardless, it's a tiger, they weren't going to miss, and all that got buffed was accuracy.
No you're right I tried playing tiger ace mission several weeks ago for the hell of it and due to ToW being patched differently its unplayable in my eyes. Its like playing the beta, the "Tiger ace" Misses like half its shots and the 45mm AT guns and conscripts actually give you trouble on general difficulty. Not because its a harder difficulty. But because you literally have to circle an AT gun 5 times to even kill it or Kite a conscript squad for 20 seconds to make it retreat. The ace can't hit shit, and its mgs basically do no damage.

Overall Tiger Ace mission is shit if you play multiplayer, completely unfun, especially when comparing it to coh1's tiger ace mission. Relic should really QA whether something is actually any fun first.
26 Apr 2015, 04:40 AM

PTRS still blowing up paks and mgs. Stupidest thing in coh2 atm.
26 Apr 2015, 09:15 AM

It's still the equivalent of any Axis squad just wiping the crew.

Only it doesn't even bleed you manpower. Just keep an eye on the team HP bar and repair it periodically.

(Fun fact, they can't hit the gun if it's packed up, so you can retreat an MG at full health for repairs)

Is it silly? A bit. Is it really any different to any other way of killing things? No.
26 Apr 2015, 09:23 AM

Permanently Banned
I'm fairly certain ptrs is getting changed next patch. Just from some things I heard. For good reason. Guards wreck grenadiers pretty hard, and the first ptrs and dp28 volley/burst regularly kills models even on mg teams before they can get the new gunner up. Remember how OP old gren lmg42 or obersoldaten were apparently? Because they killed a model on average per burst. Well guards are basically doing the exact same in terms of frequency. The RNG instagibbing models on retreat is so good. And ptrs spam is laughably stupid.

Not to mention its an AT weapon. This thing isn't a fucking lmg people it shouldn't outperform one or be equivalent to one.
26 Apr 2015, 09:40 AM

If PTRS spam is so powerful, I wonder why I faced it only once (and blew it up with combined arms).

Guards are doctrinal elite, more expensive infantry. I guess they should win agasint Grens.

As for the AT profile, it depends. It's highly accurate, very powerful weapon so there is no reason why it should not be used agasint infantry.

Killing model with first burst is not PTRS problem. Cons squad without any upgrade is doing this all the time vs Grens. First burst and Gren is dead is the squad is not behind green cover.

Killing gunner in first burst is RNG and it's unlikely when MG is facing 1-2 squads.

PTRS is right now useful. Maybe decreasig accuracy a bit is a good way out. I mean, they buffed it from 0.055 to 0.60 that insane buff, but not OP (maybe during first day when people did not know how to counter it). Lower it to 0.45 and it won't be problematic anymore while remaning useful.
Neo
26 Apr 2015, 09:48 AM

The game is in such a state that one unbalanced aspect balances another.

With PTRS, they are less of an issue because Dank Hunters aren't part of the Call In Meta (tm) which Soviets must use to have the best chance of winning.

95% of people on automatch have the same 3 commanders (Shock Rifle, Guard Motor and Guards+ISU - the occasional rebel has Shocks + ISU for "diversity").

If Relic ever decide to address Soviet and Bosstheer teching, Dank Hunters will become the new meta.

26 Apr 2015, 10:32 AM

For good reason. Guards wreck grenadiers pretty hard

Oh no, a more expensive unit with twice the MU investment is capable of winning against grenadiers? ANYTHING CAN BEAT GRENADIERS? Shock, horror, calamity!

and the first ptrs and dp28 volley/burst regularly kills models even on mg teams before they can get the new gunner up.

Only the PTRS is hitting the gun most of the time, and not hitting the crew at all?

Remember how OP old gren lmg42 or obersoldaten were apparently? Because they killed a model on average per burst. Well guards are basically doing the exact same in terms of frequency. The RNG instagibbing models on retreat is so good. And ptrs spam is laughably stupid.

Only MG42's have area suppression and you now havce no excuse for not spotting for them given that pios have better view range.

If a guard blob is in your range in cover and unsuppressed LMG'ing your MG42 it probably should die. MG42's are support weapons. Remember it.

As for PTRS spam: Yeah, no, not a problem. Played plenty of games against it, it's not a threat. The only people it presents a problem to are people so used to just being able to rofl roll over conscripts now having to treat their infantry fights with a little seriousness. A Fusilier squad with G43's still wipes the floor with them, as they should, they just now actually lose a few models in the process. Guards are still expensive to field and not exactly amazing. Just worth their cost.

Not to mention its an AT weapon. This thing isn't a fucking lmg people it shouldn't outperform one or be equivalent to one.

No it's not, it's an Anti-Scout-Car weapon. A panershreck is an AT weapon. A Zook is a terrible AT weapon. The PTRS is massively outclassed even by a zook. The PTRS was buffed expressly for the sole purpose of making it a good weapon against cover/infantry, it's just a very large rifle at the end of the day.
26 Apr 2015, 16:05 PM

I love that german fanboys crying about PTRS from worst shit in game being decent now.
But still 90% plaing as Axis in automatch, Alies OP :huhsign:

GUARDS BEAT GRENS NOW ITS INSANE !
Very expensive elite infantry beat standard OST unit, wow.
In my opinion thats the way it shoud be... :snfCHVGame:

I noticed simple thing - the kids that are cryng about SOV buff, are those who keen to stand in open/set up HMGs in open and they were winning easy before, now they need to use cover and combine arms, witch is waaaaay to hard for them.
26 Apr 2015, 16:44 PM

Lol compare guards to obers now.U'll get the picture.
As for those laughing at grens being standard infantry,well its not like we can get anything better u know.You would if u played ost.
You ofc have ur guards and shocks or paras.

Even more than guards its bullshit its conspam PTRS,especially in teamgames.Iwipe 120 mm,iwin is-2 = too much soviet bullshit cheese to tolerate=game not worth playing as ost as far as i'm concerned.
26 Apr 2015, 17:14 PM

love the new guards, they are finally doing some work with the ptrs and dp28s. having 30 kills on a squad is pretty common especially against volks spam.

erm, rifle nades still rape guards pretty hard. grens still match guards pretty well when playing defensively and engaging them from cover. rifle nades just tips the fire fight massively in gren's favor if you manage to land a good one.

still though, its quite insane on conscripts, a different weapon profile would fix it. have them at 0.15/0.35/0.45 chance to hit infantry instead.
26 Apr 2015, 19:26 PM

Permanently Banned
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W